My HOT ROX Contest Rant

I don’t agree fully with the original thread, although I do agree we have to make those considerations.

While it is much harder for a lean person to get even leaner, it’s equally hard for a truly fat person to get into decent shape. For the fat person, it’s about doubt, and fear, and change. Plus, it may be the first time some of them have ever tried a solid diet or a tough training program, so they may have three times as much learning to do.

Both groups have their own unique set of challenges. Both deserve much respect.

doogie, I don’t completely agree with the Dog Pound favoritism. Numbers can tell you many things. Perhaps many of the DPers have been here longer, shown more devotion to the site and lifestyle and shown a bit of knowledge (that’s why they’re there!). So they should do better in a contest like this. Just a thought.

I second Paul T.

JareNFS
doogie, I don’t completely agree with the Dog Pound favoritism. Numbers can tell you many things. Perhaps many of the DPers have been here longer, shown more devotion to the site and lifestyle and shown a bit of knowledge (that’s why they’re there!). So they should do better in a contest like this. Just a thought

I disagree w/ you there 100% I see two teenagers that blew away most of the competion and I think they are the ones thats causing all the controversy.
Heck if I known t-mag exsited at 16 or 19 and I had access to Hot-Roxx I’ll look just as good as they did if not better at 16 or 19 if not better.

A lot of the Dog Pound members did not make great changes in my opinon. A few did but not for the majority. I Actually think that people on the whole on the T/N did better.

And what ever happen to half the Dog Pound that were suppose to do the contest never showed up.

I didn’t do it because I was recommend by someone I highly respect on here not take any supplements under the health condition I am in but whats the excuss for the rest.

I think the Dog Pound group does have a slight advatage of the rest of the memembers on here.

fitone:

at 16, you wouldn’t take Hot Rox. Since, on the label, it states: “Do not take if you are pregnant or breast feeding, elderly or under the age of 18…

Patricia, I never bought a bottle of Hot Rox’s do I don’t know what the label says in small print I am just reading of the comments that people where saying he (theGhost) was 16 I know he was under 18 thats for sure. beause he had a statement in the begining about saving money for his car when he turns 18.

God do people like to flame me for the hell of it. I have not flame you at all and have gave you nothing but good compliants on how you an Ko train and are an inspration to all in here.

I know I have my supporters out there and there are a few even some well respected people out there. I guess I am just tired of this. Constent bashing on fitone. Where all am trying to do is give my opinion and maybe help someone also. Jeez.

In health,

Silas C.

Patricia, Joel Corrected, me that you trying to make a point and not flaming me or blasting me. But it just felt like I was getting hammered again. Sorry for get mad at you;) Also I am on Predisone again which I hate that drug it gets me moody and I could intuprate things wrong like I said

I apologize for geating mad at u.

In health,

Silas C.

not for nothing, the pics don’t do justice either. I could have posted close up shots of the striations on my quads, triceps, and chest. Stuff that was not there before i started dieting, but i chose not too. also check out my hot-rox thread and look at the difference between having full lighting and some lighting when taking pictures. the difference is astonishing.

people also need to take into account mass gains with the fat loss, since this is a body transformation contest and not just a fat loss lose weight contest. Now i know some people will say that they did not use mag-10 or methoxy, but it was stated clearly that we could and i took full advantage of that. In no way would i sacrifice strength and mass just to go from looking decent to awesome. anyways life goes on, laters pk

JaredNFS,

Hopefully this doesn’t post twice. If the DPers are so knowledgable why should they be given the advantage of having their votes count more? Surely they don’t need the deck stacked in their favor if they are so much more experienced.

I debated long and hard before replying to this thread. As a contestant, I wasn’t sure if it was appropriate or not. But since Machine has already replied, I guess I can too.

Guys, I appreciate all the kind words and support. Honestly, it means more to me than I can tell you here to have the T-family behind me. So thank you, one and all.

However, I don’t particularly feel that I’m being shafted. Obviously, there are a lot of contestants who put in a lot of hard work, and it shows. Never having been really fat in my life, I have no idea whether it’s more difficult for an endomorph to get lean than it is for an ecto like me to get huge. I know it’s tough for me to put on size, but how tough compared to someone else? Couldn’t say.

I think that probably people will tend to go with those who they feel some personal affinity for: the skinny bastards will vote for me or one of the other leaner guys; the fat guys will go for someone else. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

One thing that I would like to say, though, is that I find the lack of consistent before/after pictures on the part of some of the contestants disturbing. I don’t know if it was spelled out in the “official” rules or not, but one of the requirements (I thought) for this contest was a good set of similar (if not identical) before and after shots. Without those types of photos, I think that it’s basically impossible to tell what you’re looking at.

This is not to detract from anyone’s efforts. Some amazing progress has been shown on virtually everyone’s part, just like it should for members of the T-Nation. (YEAH! :slight_smile: ) But I would have liked to have seen a bit more consistency vis-a-vis the above.

It’ll be interesting to see who the T-mag crew picks as their winners.

From the contest rules thread.

I’m not saying anyone tried to make the pre photos look crap, just pointing out that the photo poses etc are meant to be as similar as possible.

Lets remember this was originally a few people all going to chuck in $20 each and split it up as a bit of fun and motivation.

I’d have to say that it is a lot harder to maintain or even lose bodyfat and gain lbm. 4 years ago I lost 88 pounds which most of it was fat. Now it took me a whole year but I found that a lot easier than getting lean and gaining muscle at the same time. That is why I voted the way I did. Now I still think they should be proud of theirself but I don’t see a comparison between the two. The only thing that raised curiosity with me is where any of these contestants in a untrained state. I was actually thinking about creating a post on this exact topic.

I can tell you for me it was difficult to put up my pictures when I knew the change was not that obvious and that I was going to get my ass kicked. I think the key phrase in the contest was “Lose fat and hold on to LBM” when I first started to try to get lean back in Sept I lost nearly twenty pounds in 2 months, but 14 pounds of it was muscle. I am not willing to do that again.

Also the two teens did a Hell of a good job! However, I didn’t vote for them because I thought their before pictures looked as if they hadn’t trained to begin with. Their after picts are outstanding because their body comp completely changed. They didn’t just get leaner there was a definite training effect.

All that being said Hot Rox is the real deal. Much more effective than any other thermal I have tried and I will continue to use it and to promote it to all my friends. I made a couple of “Great Friends” through PM support and I will continue to support them and them me(I hope). I now know what most of you look like. Almost all of the responses to everyone’s pictures were supportive (except for one post). All of this was very positive.

The only negative I can take from this contest is in comparison to others I still have allot of hard work to do and that really bums me out. Will I ever get to eat more than 2400 calories again???

I think everyone did a great job. I’m wondering what everyone thinks about Hot-Rox now. Over the 12 weeks, was it worth the money or could the results have been achieved without it?

i think you definitely need to maintain a certain dietary and training lifestyle in order to stay at your top shape. The supplements definitely help a lot, but i believe someone can maintain good levels without the use of the supplements. everyone knows the formula calories in and calories burned. One thing i’ve learned is that it helps not to let your body get too out of shape. it just makes it that much more difficult to come back down in bodyfat levels. laters pk

I think Avoids Roids put it best.

TEK is also right, the voting will balance out.

pkradgreek makes a good point about lean mass gains coupled with fat loss. That was my exact strategy and I know a large reason for my success was due to Hot-Rox.

Char-dawg, I’m with you on being hesitant to respond to this type of thread. Sadly, I’m sure many people favored some contestants for reaons other than the transformation made, essays, program, or the voting guidelines that were stated.

Again, I apologize for the lack of similarity between my before and afters. I made the mistake of not taking enough before shots and due to a personal circumstance, I could not take my afters in the same location. I certainly didn’t try to, or set out to do that and I wish my before and afters were identical. Believe it or not, I don’t even think my after shots turned out that well. I looked even better the next couple days.

I could take your side, especially since I was around 10% dropped down to around 8% (not too low but getting dam tough to get leaner). But, I think this contest was more about those of us that weren’t looking so fantastic making some of the first big steps in the right direction. I looked at it as more of an opportunity to bukle down and make a plan work. While at the same time I hoped I could encourage others who had just began this journey to make a huge dent. I have to say a lot of people did. My only complaint about the whole thing was that not enough people finished. Otherwise the statement, “looking too good” is just fine with me. I knew I wouldn’t be able to make as much progress as some of the others. It was a learning experiance and an opportunity to see how different people respond to this sort of challenge. I think those who end up winning will deserve to win. But, anyone who accomplished any part of their goal is a winner, myself included.