My Honest Experience With Testosterone (TRT)

Most doctors prescribe injections. The same doctors prescribe AI and won’t raise free t high enough to be therapeutical. they rely on lab ranges and dont care to resolve symptoms first and correlate labs second. I agree good point.

This is the first I have ever heard this. Any study to back this claim?

1 Like

This is not correct. HCG mimics LH and its functions. This goes far beyond cosmetic.
http://www.aging.wisc.edu/pdfs/38.pdf

Estradiol concentrations are with the exception of the reproductive organs and the brain relatively constant in the different organs/tissues.

Anyhow there is variability and serum levels do not a 100% reflect the individual tissue concentrations. The same is true - actually to a much higher extent - for thyroid hormones. Nonetheless thyroid hormone substitution is recommended here in case fT3 is below the average of the ref range (or even below the 90 percentile of the distribution) or on the basis of circulating rT3 - which is even more absurd.

HCG is not actual LH. It mimics it, yes, but is actually suppressive of LH. There are several other receptors all over the body that we don’t spend time stimulating all the time.

Virtually every physician I deal with jumped on the HCG bandwagon for many years and have recently jumped back off. They are only using HCG for fertility at this point. They are having significantly better results using T only. Not to mention HCG tends to spike estradiol which throws off the balance the body tries to maintain.

@TRT_Phoenix

Dr. Jordan Grant explains this in simple English. I can ask him for his research papers on it if you’d like.

1 Like

Having HCG in the body while on exogenous HRT provides the functions of LH because it mimics it. This is very important for adrenal function, libido, health, etc.
Of course it suppresses endogenous LH, but this is irrelevant since LH is already shut off by exogenous HRT.
HCG 250IU twice per week doesn’t spike estradiol.

Take it if you wish and feel good with it. The rest of us have been there, done that. They have all stopped using it for a reason. If it really did everything it claims it does, they would have all continued using it.

Google Dr. Jordan Grant he speaks of this often in his videos.

By the way, I haven’t been on HCG for over a year and a half and with my free T levels where they are my libido and erections are RAGING right now. Doesn’t feel like HCG could possibly improve this any further. Doesn’t feel like I’m missing anything. Overall health and adrenals are excellent. I don’t miss the stuff one bit.

Thank you.

Being on HRT long enough will inevitably cause the negative effects of no LH signalling.

I’m going on 5 years. Is that long enough?

The interesting thing is that with every passing year all I keep seeing is improvements.

A guy by the name increasemyt tried to say the same thing about HCG helping with adrenals etc but it just doesn’t end up working that way in the real world for most. There many folks who have been on TRT for a very long time without HCG and thrive. Most of them started with HCG and are no longer in it because of the issues it creates.

He also got a lifetime ban from this site lol

@dbossa
I didn’t know that. What was the reason?

This user is suspended until Oct 14, 3019 8:00 am.

Reason: Persistent arguing with multiple members; questionable information quality

Damn by then we’ll be attaching testosterone to a virus for optimal use.

1 Like

Seriously though. 3019!? They really weren’t fucking around when they banned him lol!