My Hero

"Mr. President: The great events on which my resignation depended having at length taken place; I have now the honor of offering my sincere Congratulations to Congress and of presenting myself before them to surrender into their hands the trust committed to me, and to claim the indulgence of retiring from the Service of my Country.

Happy in the confirmation of our Independence and Sovereignty, and pleased with the oppertunity afforded the United States of becoming a respectable Nation, I resign with satisfaction the Appointment I accepted with diffidence. A diffidence in my abilities to accomplish so arduous a task, which however was superseded by a confidence in the rectitude of our Cause, the support of the supreme Power of the Union, and the patronage of Heaven…

Having now finished the work assigned to me, I retire form the great theatre of Action; and bidding an Affectionate farewell to this August body under whose orders I have so long acted, I here offer my Commission, and take my leave of all the employments of public life."

OKAAAAYYY, Interesting quote, but who’s quote is this…YOURS?
Is the “hero” you’re referring to YOU??
Is the guy who wrote this going to Canada or what?
Why did you post this?
What does it really mean??
What the hell is goin’ on around here?
Clarify youself!
What are we…MIND READERS??

[quote]Karado wrote:
OKAAAAYYY, Interesting quote, but who’s quote is this…YOURS?
Is the “hero” you’re referring to YOU??
Is the guy who wrote this going to Canada or what?
Why did you post this?
What does it really mean??
What the hell is goin’ on around here?
Clarify youself!
What are we…MIND READERS??[/quote]

February 22nd…whose birthday is it?

King George III, upon learning that this man was returning the absolute power he held in his hands to the Congress, said: “If he does that, he will be the greatest man in the world.”

Read more: George Washington Facts

George Washington what a great man, who was willing to allow the country to be a Republic and not a Dictatorship/Monarchy.