My Gym Employs Fatties

I used to belong to a gym which always had fit women working on reception, and where most of the training staff could be seen working out with free weights during their time off.

… then it closed down overnight. [You don’t realise how good a thing you had, until its gone.]

A lesson there?

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
This dork also teaches “taekwondo” (the biggest martial arts scam the world has ever known). [/quote]

What’s wrong with Taekwondo?

I’ll be the first to admit that it is a whole lot more ‘art’ than ‘martial’, but not everyone is looking to become a professional fighter. It’s no more of a scam than a your run of the mill Karate or Wushu McDojo.

[quote]football061 wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:
I haven’t been able to wrap my mind around something: Why a business marketing “health” and the concept of “looking healthy” employs a staff of fatties. Does it not make sense to anybody else? It’s irony in every sense of the word, IMO. At my particular gym, the daycare center (yeah there’s a day-care room) is run by a woman who is blatantly obese. The front desk secretary is also fat, but not entirely obese. She’s sporting a spare tire, and is making no concerted effort to lose those “turkey galraps” she’s got for triceps. The cleaning staff are also fat, from what I’ve noticed.

So my question is: If you were the manager/Human Resources Manager, would you hire somebody who looks like they’re one Twinkie away from wearing a Mu-Mu to work in a “fitness” center?

My gym also has some fatties. Mostly though they are employed in the day care center. What’s it matter if there are fatties at the day care center? Technically they aren’t related to the fitness aspect of the gym, they are just there to watch after the children of the customers, nothing else. Hell, they probly don’t even have the background knowledge in general fitness, it’s not there area of expertise obviously. Same goes for the cleaning staff. Why would the cleaning staff be in shape? Most cleaning staffs are brought in through outside cleaning companies, and not actually based through the gym/corporation itself. On top of that, most of them are foreign anyways. Where are you going to find jacked in shape janitors just to clean your gym? As for the trainers themselves, yes it is stupid to have out of shape trainers because healthy living and fitness is what they SHOULD be promoting, but most gym managers don’t care as long as they meet there monthly quotas.[/quote]

I agree with this. If they are running the day care, front desk, or are cleaning, it shouldn’t matter if they are in shape or not.

[quote]Geebus wrote:

I agree with this. If they are running the day care, front desk, or are cleaning, it shouldn’t matter if they are in shape or not. [/quote]

It always matters. The chicks should be hot.

the worst is my gym that has several vending machines of sodas, cookies, candy bars etc. when the GM makes a profit it doesn’t really matter what goes on with gym operations

My gym (LA fatness) actually employs a lot of fit and really big trainers, but the problem is they have to teach the corporate crap they learn in their class. If you watch them workout they are deadlifting, squatting and generally tearing it up, then they stop to train someone and put them on a Bosu doing curls. I wonder if they die a little inside, I know a few steal the clients and train them in a facility they all share the rent on but at the gym its always whatever the trend is. sad…

It is not just the gyms that are hiring the fatasses. I was in GNC the other day and the woman working there was probably nearing 250 lbs. and she was asking me if I needed help with anything. But what can you expect from GNC, if they did not sell Spike I would never go there.

They would probably get sued if they didn’t hire someone because they were fat.

[quote]football061 wrote:
Why would the cleaning staff be in shape? Most cleaning staffs are brought in through outside cleaning companies, and not actually based through the gym/corporation itself. On top of that, most of them are foreign anyways. Where are you going to find jacked in shape janitors just to clean your gym?[/quote]

What about Grounds keeper Willy?

[quote]SouthernGypsy wrote:
They would probably get sued if they didn’t hire someone because they were fat.[/quote]

Yea that is absolutely true, but I still find it to a bit ironic.

probaly because most of the clientele there are fat themselves and dont want to be scared away by mr muscles or hott chick. …you know, the type of person theyre striving to look like

shit is pathetic.

Maybe those are the people who applied for the job and the gym is afraid they are going to get sued if they deny them employment based on their weight. I understand what you are saying but it’s not like they can fire them if they are doing there job up to the standard required to keep the job.

son you dont hire fat strippers why would you hire a fat PT?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
son you dont hire fat strippers why would you hire a fat PT?[/quote]

Clubs don’t pay strippers. Strippers pay a house fee so they can get on stage. There can be 50 fat strippers and it won’t cost the club one extra dollar.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
My neighbor had one of those curves type gyms. You know, the circuit shit that makes the fatties feel like their doing something.

She actually got rid of the hottie working there, because it was intimidating to the cows.[/quote]

WHAT A FUCKING CRIME! Yeah,the irony is to much. At my gym we have a mixed bag. My friend is a powerlifter and we have 2 other hispanic guys that are pretty built but then we have a really old lady and a really skinny guy. Not that im complaining about them but they for people that work at a gym,they dont seem to be healthy. BTW,Job Discrimination Laws/Affirmative Action is BULLSHIT but…ya know,thats a different topic all together.

About that image thing; not hiring = potential for law suit idea.

I used to go to one of those gyms that was so small it only had 2 staff on at a time. Well there was a lady, who was built like a figure competitor (obviously on off-season. Still hot though, and told a boy to add more weight cause he was deadlifting 2-25lbs plates… and one guy, who was pretty built and knew how to carb cycle as well to keep lean. These two worked out with random people, and were in general very fun to be with. and they motivated you. For FREE.

Then i moved to a Commercial gym… well, i have all the same probs as you guys. + 1 of em offered my VERY Skinny friend, personal training for 50-100 bucks an hour. and all i said to my friend was “eat more. lift more. gym with me”. and Now hes pretty big. >.< quite sad, they jump on the opportunity to train “newbie skinny people” cause whatever you make em do for the first few months will get em results. and if they stop getting results you blame their life-styles.

[quote]SouthernGypsy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
son you dont hire fat strippers why would you hire a fat PT?

Clubs don’t pay strippers. Strippers pay a house fee so they can get on stage. There can be 50 fat strippers and it won’t cost the club one extra dollar.[/quote]

When no one shows up to buy drinks it will. but i think theyd pull out ahead with 50 fat strippers paying $50 a piece. That would be a $2500 night for the club, if 1 hot stripper could pull more business than that then they would tell the fat bitches to get lost.

Ya, o well, it just makes you look more awesome anyways so who cares.

It’s not hard to be a stud in a world of fatties.

I mean do you really want to compete with the people who are working there for stares from hotties?

My university gym has a bunch of hot chicks working the desk/floor.

Then, there are two strength coaches that “live” in the “weightroom” area. One is pretty big and pretty strong (probably around 250). The other coach is probably closer to 180, but even stronger.

I guess I have it good <_<.

yeah you do, where do oyu go to school?