T Nation

My Gym and Some Training Clips

Just got the power rack from powertec so was able to do away with the old squat rack, have had the bench about 2 years also powertec and 300kg of weights, also have a trap bar and tires for draggig and flipping.

2

3

4

5

[quote]Veszy wrote:
4[/quote]

Nice setup, and a free skateboard as well I see.

[quote]The Beast wrote:
Veszy wrote:
4

Nice setup, and a free skateboard as well I see.[/quote]

Skateboard?

I usually reserve this comment for the ladies but, Nice Rack!

I’ve considered getting the same set-up. Are you happy with the construction, strength, ease of use, etc?
Is it a quality piece of gear?

[quote]duke wrote:
I’ve considered getting the same set-up. Are you happy with the construction, strength, ease of use, etc?
Is it a quality piece of gear?

[/quote]

well i’m happy with the power rack, it great, good strong build. the lat pulley can be removed if wanted, but the bench is a differnet story, build great too very strong and stable, but if you train by yourself the uprights are to far back to lift off a decent weight so you would need a spotter i just put a block there and some pads on top of it, and rest my head there so i can lift off by myself,

the uprights can be widened as it comes with a short and long cross bar, i changed it to the short one to fit inside the rack, it impossible to do inclines on it too, so don’t know why it raises up to the incline.

Thanks, so you’re happy with the rack but the bench kind of sucks.
I train solo and don’t have a rack. just a stanfard bench press with supports. It’s hard to increase weight if I’m too concerned about killing myself. Perhaps I should invest in one.

[quote]duke wrote:
Thanks, so you’re happy with the rack but the bench kind of sucks.
I train solo and don’t have a rack. just a stanfard bench press with supports. It’s hard to increase weight if I’m too concerned about killing myself. Perhaps I should invest in one.[/quote]

yea they a good purchase, plus it was 800euro including delivery, not bad considering most racks are in the region of 2000 grand

nice setup

The website shows it doing inclines and bench and it looks fine in their video…

What kind of problems are you having doing benching in the rack?

[quote]Veszy wrote:
duke wrote:
but the bench is a differnet story, build great too very strong and stable, but if you train by yourself the uprights are to far back to lift off a decent weight so you would need a spotter i just put a block there and some pads on top of it, and rest my head there so i can lift off by myself,
[/quote]

Is it the bench or the uprights that cause difficulty with lifting the weight off yourself?

Im looking for something like this.

Could you explain more about the problems you are having with the bench.

Also is there a distributor / dealer in Ireland?

Cheers

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
The website shows it doing inclines and bench and it looks fine in their video…

What kind of problems are you having doing benching in the rack?[/quote]

i’ve no problems with it in the rack, i just find the uprights too far back for me to lift off a decent weight.

[quote]bgl500 wrote:
Veszy wrote:
duke wrote:
but the bench is a differnet story, build great too very strong and stable, but if you train by yourself the uprights are to far back to lift off a decent weight so you would need a spotter i just put a block there and some pads on top of it, and rest my head there so i can lift off by myself,

Is it the bench or the uprights that cause difficulty with lifting the weight off yourself?

[/quote]

the uprights, i’d prefer them a bit closer.

[quote]comedypedro wrote:
Im looking for something like this.

Could you explain more about the problems you are having with the bench.

Also is there a distributor / dealer in Ireland?

Cheers[/quote]

it was mainly just lifting off by myself, but i just but a block and some padding at the top of the bench to extend it a bit, so i’d have a better position for lifting off. you can get them from vj homefitness in blanchestown

Hows it goin vess? Fancy seein you here. The gyms lookin good man.