Day 11 April 6, 2017

1/2 scoop Plazma pre-workout
1/2 scoop Plazma intra-workout

workout

1. superset: assisted chin-ups 4x8, push-ups 4x12
  2. superset: T-bar row (plate grip) (70) 4x12, T-bench chest press (80) 4x10
  3. Kneeling lat pull downs (v grip) (110) 4x12
  4. superset: farmer’s walk** (150) x5, seated calf raise (80) 5x8
    65 minutes including warm-up time = 487 calories burned (Polar M400)

** EDIT to note: 150lbs total weight. Used 75lb db’s

I learned about the the T-Bench Chest Press from here:

Meal #1 (post workout) grilled pork tenderloin, asparagus, sugar snap peas, green beans and banana nice-cream (frozen banana)
Meal #2 steak & tuna over power greens w/ squeeze of lime with a side of cucumbers & celery
Snack: a little pile of smoked pork
Meal #3 smoked pork with zoodles & Brussels Sprouts
Snack: hard boiled egg

Just out of curiosity, do you have access to farmer’s walk implements or were these done with DB’s/Trap bar?
Also, was this 150lbs per hand?

Regardless, farmer’s walk is a great exercise.

Also, I’m a fan of using bananas to supplement the ice-cream addiction. @BOTSLAYER has done some similar concoctions in his log as well.

1 Like

I used DB’s. My gym doesn’t have a trap bar. I wish it did. 75lb db’s.

150lb db’s??? I don’t think my gym even has them. Otherwise, I’d totally be using those! :joy:

2 Likes

I’ll check out the log! Thanks!

Edit to add:
Have you tried Protein sludge? Or as I like to call it, protein caramel. You just mix your powder with water, adding just a little bit at a time; just enough to make it wet & gooey. Instead of mixing protein powder in your proats, yogurt or nice-cream, top it with the caramel.

It’s even better chilled in the freezer for just 10 minutes. I sometimes eat just that instead of drinking a shake before bed. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes! This is something I’m actually in love with.

When I was eating carbs, I would drizzle it over my oatmeal or gasp waffles rather than syrup. Now that I’m carb-less I’ve just been eating the sludge all on its own. I use water or also almond milk for a slightly creamier sludge.

But keep the ideas coming! Also, another thread that has some great innovative healthy recipes is Robstein’s thread (in the Bodybuilding category). He has a couple great ideas in there as well that I’ve been pleased with.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with Polar M400 or, really any of those kind of things. How does it calculate calories burned?

It’s a heart rate monitor. You wear a strap around your chest and the watch tells you your heart rate and calories burned. I find that it motivates me to push myself. I like to keep my heart rate up when I’m focusing on fat burning. And it’s handy to have the watch when I’m timing my rest periods

Not being able to use protein powder on this Green Faces Diet is probably one of the hardest parts of it for me. It’s easier for me mentally to eat clean and/or low carb when I know that I can make healthy protein concoctions. Sludge, protein ice cream, mug cakes, cookies, protein hot chocolate, etc.

OK… have you made a protein angel food cake?
7 egg whites (let come to room temp), 1/2tsp cream of tartar, sweetener of choice ( I use 3 splenda packets) and you can add any flavoring extract you like. I typically add a bit of vanilla.
Beat until it fluffs up and comes to peaks. Bake @ 325 for about 12 - 16 minutes. Until the top browns.

Volume! Seriously, it’s the size of an 8" cake.

Then top with whatever you like. I’m so used to them, I can eat them plain now. OR using Devotion Nutrition Flex Flavors to sweeten and flavor. OR just before you bake, fold in (gently) a scoop of protein powder.

3 Likes

Day 12 April 7, 2017

1 scoop Mag-10 pre workout
1 scoop Mag-10 intra

workout
BB Complex - (bar)x6 each exercise, 45 sec rest between rounds

1. Deadlift
  2. Front Squat
  3. Muscle Up
  4. Back Squat
  5. Good Morning
  6. RDL
  7. Bent Row
  8. Push Press

Rowing Machine - 4 min
Incline Treadmill walk - 10 min
57 minutes including warm-up time = 527 calories burned

Meal #1 (post workout) grilled pork tenderloin, smoked pork shoulder, zoodles, pineapple
Meal #2 hard eggs, smoked pork & zucchini from last night’s dinner, celery
Meal #3 steak & artichoke
Meal #4 grilled chicken thighs, asparagus, broccoli & sautéed spinach w/smoked pork

Oh my, this looks de-frickin-licious. Thank you!

Also, I forgot to look for artichokes today during my grocery shopping adventure, but it is still on my list of things to try!

2 Likes

Day 13 April 8, 2017

1/2 scoop Plazma pre-workout
1/2 scoop Plazma Intra-workout

Saw this squat fix video in a T-nation article right before bed last night and realized I need to fix my form.

So, today I dropped weight on my squats & hip thrusts to really focus on my form. Amazing how much more you feel the muscle you are working when you do it correctly. :roll_eyes: That’s ok, I’m learning as I go. :+1:t3:

workout

1. superset: squats (115) 4x8, push-ups 4x10
  2. squats (105) 3x5 (6 sec negatives, explode up)
  3. bb hip thrust (115) 4x10
  4. body weight walking lunges 3x40
  5. battle ropes (Tabata) 1 round
    60 min = 523 calories burned (Polar M400)

Meal #1 (post workout) scramble w/egg whites, pork shoulder, spinach & broccoli. banana nice-cream.
Meal #2 grilled chicken thighs, asparagus & broccoli. (Then ate 3 more pieces of chicken. :pig:)
Snack: hard egg
Meal #3 grilled shrimp, flank steak & sugar snap peas
Snack: hard egg

1 Like

Ugh. Same. Same.

1 Like

Out of interest, why not? -Chris Colucci said you could use your normal supps.

A very high quality one like Metabolic Drive is totally fine(IMO at least) Splitting hairs but technically banana and pineapple are carbs with sugar and will slow down fatloss much more(both fine tho)

The protein powder is dairy right? No dairy on this program. And a serving of fruit is allowed with breakfast and post workout only.

1 Like

For the supps, he was referring to vitamins & fish oil. That’s what I asked about. Trust me, I’d love to be using my Metabolic Drive right about now! Could use a sweet treat! :grimacing:

It is, but so is Plazma. Metabolic Drive is cleaner than 90% of protein out there. I’m pretty sure if you asked Chris he’d say its fine.

He’s taking it while cutting down hard himself at the moment…

I just looked back on my other topic “before starting the green Faces diet”

I thought I read that protein powders were ok & asked. Chris said:
“I don’t remember reading or writing that. Outside of workout nutrition, there’s absolutely no need for protein shakes during the day. Dairy is definitely a no-go.”

Day 14 of 28 April 9, 2017

This morning I’m being forced by my girlfriends to do a 5K “wine run”. Run the 5K and they give you tickets to sample wine. Not looking forward to it because 1) I haven’t ran in… forever and 2) I don’t drink. But, it will be nice to spend a little time with my girls. Gonna be a little chilly. In the 40’s I think.

Meal #1 hard eggs, artichoke & banana
Meal #2 shrimp, flank & pork w/sautéed spinach & sugar snap peas
Meal #3 shrimp & broccoli

2 Likes

I’m curious as to why you think this is true. I like T Nation as a useful website, but I’d never touch the products they push. Artificial colors, articificial flavors, and sucralose (artificial sweetener). There are plenty of options that don’t contain any of these. What ingredients do you see in other whey protein products that you would consider “less clean” than what’s in Metabolic Drive?