My Greatest Gains Ever: Dave Tate

Been thinking about doing this for a week or two. Have 1 question i hope someone can answer.

“Most guys who try to achieve that duration of tension will focus on the reps and how long each one should take,” says Tate. “I took it differently and just decided to go for time.”
So Tate made a four-week program with absolutely no repetition guidelines.

Later on in the article it says

On each exercise, use a moderately heavy weight on the first two sets â?? about what you could lift for 12 to 15 reps. Use about 50% of that weight on the third set, and go for as many reps as you can get in the designated amount of time.
Tate suggests taking a week to figure out what weights you should be using. “I wanted a moderate tempo,” he says. “Thirty reps isn’t going to make you big. I wanted to fall somewhere between 12 and 15 reps, because that’s where I grow the fastest. But remember, it’s not about how many reps you do. Just go heavy and bang 'em out.”

***** I thought this was a no rep just TUT program, besides lifting the bar, maybe if u can’t get it for the full seconds bang out some half reps? Do you do 12 reps with the tempo changed or 30 seconds holding it in it’s contracting phase

You choose a weight where you can do 12-15 reps and do them timed to 30 seconds…35…40 etc

I did it in the summer soon after the article was released and I was feeling a bit exhausted. It was ok, I can see why it would be great for a change of tempo but wasn’t for me.

If you can’t do anymore reps and the time isnt up then do some negatives, just keep the tension.