T Nation

My Girlfriend Just Deadlifted 225x2

I am a very proud boyfriend today. My 5’0" 110 lb powerhouse just pulled 2 nice reps at 225.

She has been training pretty seriously for about 18 months now and I try to keep her to the basic 3 exercises. Today for the first time I convinced her to go heavier. I thought maybe she could pull a 205lbs but she suprised me.

There is a pic of her in my profile…not too shabby for a 41 year old. I wish I had my phone there to record it.

Make sure you change boyfriend to girlfriend and delete my post. Cause it’s no big deal if your boyfriend deadlifts 225. But a Double Bodyweight Deadlift for a woman is astounding. Can she bench 135? She might have fun competing locally.

wow, not bad for 41! :slight_smile:

You’d be even luckier if you were married to her. Thumbs up! :slight_smile:

Nice! You’re lucky to be with someone who loves lifting too.

I wanna pull 225 :frowning:

[quote]scotty144 wrote:
I am a very proud boyfriend today. My 5’0" 110 lb powerhouse just pulled 2 nice reps at 225.

She has been training pretty seriously for about 18 months now and I try to keep her to the basic 3 exercises. Today for the first time I convinced her to go heavier. I thought maybe she could pull a 205lbs but she suprised me.

There is a pic of her in my profile…not too shabby for a 41 year old. I wish I had my phone there to record it.[/quote]

Great job!

She did it to save your life, as a mother can lift a boulder to save her offspring.

Next time bench with poundage you can handle!

J/K that’s awesome she pulled 225.

Doesn’t she know that she will get big and bulky if she lifts heavy weights???
Just kidding. Great job. I’ve been working with some female rowers who all have kids in university,(their true age is classified info) and they love lifting heavy. They’re going to love it even more because tonight they get to use our new Ivanko bumper plates. Where abouts in Ontario are you?

TNT

[quote]TNT-CDN wrote:
Doesn’t she know that she will get big and bulky if she lifts heavy weights???
Just kidding. Great job. I’ve been working with some female rowers who all have kids in university,(their true age is classified info) and they love lifting heavy. They’re going to love it even more because tonight they get to use our new Ivanko bumper plates. Where abouts in Ontario are you?

TNT[/quote]

We are from Ottawa.

pics or it didn’t happen

That is very cool. I just got my wife doing training for a full meet later this year. Going good too.
Not as strong as your lady, but progressing at the 4 month mark. She has benched 95lb’s, squatted 180lb’s, and DL 160lb’s.

Dude, that is awesome! She is now stronger than half the tards on here who complain about people’s shirted bench presses.

I hope to get some videos of her deadlifting next week to put up. She is also a pretty decent squatter too. Now if I can convince her to max all 3 lifts for me to film.

Marry her before she gets away!