My Girlfriend is Uncomfortably Close with her Coach

That’s Billions. With a capital B.

I would lean towards thinking she really admires him, which is a form of a crush but not serious. ESPECIALLY if she talks about him frequently! Just come straight out and ask her, if she has feelings for him or just admires him. Guys need to learn to talk about and vocalize there feelings, once I learned to do this my relationships improved! not just with my girl but with my family and friends as well

1 Like

If she’s obsessed with bodybuilding and still committed to the relationship, I would expect that she would talk to OP about it. But she’s hiding the relationship and going out to dinner with the guy.

This is TERRIBLE advice!

DO NOT talk to your girlfriends coach behind her back, this will definitely cause issues. I think this guy is trolling you, do not follow this advice.

Instead, be a normal human being and level with your girlfriend! Let her know you are slightly uncomfortable, but if she just admires his athleticism and is into working out this is totally okay with you, and that you just want to make sure she doesn’t have any feelings for him.

IT’s okay to talk about your feelings… once I learned how to open up to people and really vocalize my fears and feelings, relationships in all parts of my life drastically improved! Communication is way underrated these days!

1 Like

I’m with shreddedbaby on this one, why is it so hard to just ask her whats going on? Seems like a serious relationship you have with her so why would you risk losing it over something that MIGHT be going on. So she went out to eat with a guy? Are you the type of man that bans his gf from having any male friends, if so then she has all the right in the world to hide it from you. They talk on the phone a lot, if he is a legit coach then that’ll happen.

I think some of the advice here has been terrible. Just ask her if she’s cheating and if you don’t like her response then you can decide what to do. It’s YOUR relationship so i don’t think you should end it after some guys online who have never met you or her told you to end it.

I definitely think he should talk directly to her, but you guys are being naive. He’s on deployment and has been for 4 months, she’s feeling lonely, in walks Mr. bodybuilder. Seen it a ton of times when I was in. “Jody” isn’t a long running joke for no reason.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right, i’m just trying to give the guy some hope lol, can’t go wrong with trying to talk to her.

If she’s a good girl and actually loyal he should have no worries. The fact that he has to ask us for advice makes me feel that this isn’t the case though…

B.S… If we reversed the genders (guy back home galavanting with super fit female coach) there would be no damn question as to the state of things.

She is literally already seeing other people and has admitted to it and admitted to lying about it.

OP is a grown man and can decide his own course of action. Everybody is different. Maybe they work it out. Maybe they switch to an open relationship (how modern). But the fact is she is being unfaithful.

We don’t need a detective for this one.

9b7c90ad72d9e2a41090105869abee73--columbo-peter-falk-tv-detectives

If this is true,then 100% this is not the girl you want to build your life with. Takes a good amount of emotional maturity to be aware and admit this btw.

3 Likes

Yes but

How many of the right age?

In your area?

Right religion and culture?

Right IQ range?

Available and interested in you?

Completely off topic, but in the Army, non-deployed guys/guys on leave in a given unit would take it upon themselves to beat the crap out of Jodys screwing over guys in their unit.

What ever happened to unit cohesiveness? Band of Brothers?

Surely there are 4-5 guys around who would happily slam a bag over Jody’s head and beat the crap out of him, all without asking.

1 Like

It’s a new Corps, I guess…

Then a good, stern, talking to by 5-6 large grunts with a mildly threatening manner.

Tell him he has no honor . . . . .and it’s a good way to get fragged.

1 Like

There’s scum in every service. I’m not saying she’s 100% cheating on you, but during any of my deployments, I never, ever heard of any situation even remotely resembling this where the girl wasn’t. It’s a long running joke in every service for a good reason. It’s honestly kind of funny that people are suggesting a girl whose man is deployed is innocently dinner dating and frequently texting a jacked and tan bodybuilder while trying to hide it from said man.

1 Like

Considering how long ago this was. I bet he is happily rid of her by now

I honestly didn’t realize it was 6 months ago until I typed this haha but don’t be surprised if they’re married now man, I’ve seen way worse decisions from service members. Dudes married girls who were banging half the company, literally.

1 Like

Seems we have seen the same things in life. The only result I have seen from letting this type of infidelity go and keeping her. Is for her to divorce the guy who forgave her latter. Absence often does not make the heart grow fonder. It just makes her “lonely”

1 Like