My Generation and the Intelligent and Relentless Pursit of Hawt Abz

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
May of been on this site, but I saw something a while ago going through each decade showing the type of man that has the most desired look celebrity wise…

Now it’s robert pattinson or w.e the fuck he’s called.

I think back in the 60s it was clint eastwood according to what I read…

each decade, the archetype has got skinner and the jawline more feminine.[/quote]

Def some truth to this. Most girls my age 23 (+/- a few years) want guys like Vin Diesel (aka Thibs haha) and think that the Brad Pitt from like Fight Club and the Twighlight guys look better than the average population, but could use some muscle (this could just be the girls I know though, so who knows). My little brothers girlfriend and other girls I know in that age group love the Twighlight guys and believe that that is ‘built’ ‘hot’ etc.

I don’t get it.[/quote]

The ruling demographic of the media has gotten younger and the teens prefer teens.

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
Is that a loogie hanging from his ass? Oh wait…oh nevermind I know what it is…gross[/quote]

Oh wow. just wow… I think we can now prove once and for all that he is gay! (if that was ever in question)

[quote]debraD wrote:
The ruling demographic of the media has gotten younger and the teens prefer teens. [/quote]

That may be part of it, but I think there’s more to it than that.

My brother put on weight for football, but stayed in very good shape. Judging from what I’ve seen on this site, I’d put him somewhere between 10 and 12% body fat. His girlfriend hates it. Thinks he’s gotten to big and wishes he hadn’t gained any size. Yeah, doesn’t have abs anymore, but still lean and in shape…but is now ‘to big’.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

May of been on this site, but I saw something a while ago going through each decade showing the type of man that has the most desired look celebrity wise…

each decade, the archetype has got skinner and the jawline more feminine.[/quote]

Def some truth to this. Most girls my age 23 (+/- a few years) want guys like Vin Diesel (aka Thibs haha) and think that the Brad Pitt from like Fight Club and the Twighlight guys look better than the average population, but could use some muscle (this could just be the girls I know though, so who knows). My little brothers girlfriend and other girls I know in that age group love the Twighlight guys and believe that that is ‘built’ ‘hot’ etc.

I don’t get it.[/quote]

OK, here’s my theory:
Maybe a 'tween girl looks at someone like Vin Diesel and sees a grown man who’s waaay too old for her. To her, that’s like fantasizing about her father, though her father’s probably not in that kind of shape. But the vampire kid just looks like a boy. An older, teen-aged boy, but still a boy. Less threatening to her and more appropriate fantasy-material. As she grows oldrer, her tastes will change. When my age was in the single digits, I thought the girl from the Partridge Family was the most beautiful thing ever LOL.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
The ruling demographic of the media has gotten younger and the teens prefer teens. [/quote]

My brother put on weight for football, but stayed in very good shape. Judging from what I’ve seen on this site, I’d put him somewhere between 10 and 12% body fat. His girlfriend hates it. Thinks he’s gotten to big and wishes he hadn’t gained any size. Yeah, doesn’t have abs anymore, but still lean and in shape…but is now ‘to big’.[/quote]

Let me guess, she’s under 25?

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

I don’t get it.[/quote]

Honestly man I dont think they know wtf they want. They may tell you they like the Vin Diesel look because theyre into you and youre a bigger guy, or they dont want to hurt your feelings or w/e. Its all about how you carry yourself. I know one girl, before I hooked up with her, she was hanging out with this asian dude (whos funny as hell and really cool, but not jacked at all) and she was telling him she liked nerdy, funny guys. A few hours later shes telling me how she loves big meatheads. [/quote]

Trust me, my fat ass looks nothing like Vin haha I’ve lost a lot of weight and am a ‘big’ guy, but no Vin or CT…not yet haha

But one of my best friends loves Vin Diesel and Gerald Butler…and her lanky, chicken-legged bf hates it. Chronicles of Riddik is one of his favorite movies and he wont watch it or anything with either of the two above actors in it because he’s jealous. Now, mind you, this is all anecdotal evidence with very small sample sizes haha but it’s what I’ve experienced.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

My brother put on weight for football, but stayed in very good shape. Judging from what I’ve seen on this site, I’d put him somewhere between 10 and 12% body fat. His girlfriend hates it. Thinks he’s gotten to big and wishes he hadn’t gained any size. Yeah, doesn’t have abs anymore, but still lean and in shape…but is now ‘to big’.[/quote]

Let me guess, she’s under 25?[/quote]

Si, 16.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

Let me guess, she’s under 25?[/quote]

Si, 16.[/quote]

Well, there’s your problem!

You will never in the history and future of teenage girls find pin-ups of bodybuilders on their walls.

Lol this is def true. I was just commenting on your comment that teens prefer teens. My brother still looks like a teen, still a shrimp, imo haha, but a shrimp with muscles. But I def see what you are saying.

[quote]debraD wrote:

First voice of reason in this thread.

Y’all people need to be targeting the right teenage crowd, is all.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

FWIW, 10-12% bf is much leaner than you think. I would place myself around 12-13%, and I sure as hell have visible abs.

On the original topic, someone hit the nail on the head in passing earlier. Today, most Americans are fat. Therefore, whatever is viewed as being farthest from fat is deemed attractive by the media, aka skinny guys with abz. It’s really that simple pretty much.

[quote]BobParr wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

I don’t get it.[/quote]

OK, here’s my theory:
Maybe a 'tween girl looks at someone like Vin Diesel and sees a grown man who’s waaay too old for her. To her, that’s like fantasizing about her father, though her father’s probably not in that kind of shape. But the vampire kid just looks like a boy. An older, teen-aged boy, but still a boy. Less threatening to her and more appropriate fantasy-material. As she grows oldrer, her tastes will change. When my age was in the single digits, I thought the girl from the Partridge Family was the most beautiful thing ever LOL.

[/quote]

That it a good point, about the simple fact that some guys that are bigger are of course way past 18 and not likely to be girls’ dream guys.

By the way, when I was 4 I was crazy for Farrah Fawcett. I think I thought she was 15, but since this was 1977, she was about 25 or so.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]BobParr wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

I don’t get it.[/quote]

OK, here’s my theory:

[/quote]

That it a good point, about the simple fact that some guys that are bigger are of course way past 18 and not likely to be girls’ dream guys.

By the way, when I was 4 I was crazy for Farrah Fawcett. I think I thought she was 15, but since this was 1977, she was about 25 or so.
[/quote]

Haha, I had a thing for Goldie Hawn back around that time. There is something “young” about perky, bubbly blondes. My tastes definitely developed and changed as I got older, and I suspect this is probably true for most people.

DO WANT!

[quote]BobParr wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]BobParr wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

I don’t get it.[/quote]

OK, here’s my theory:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha, I had a thing for Goldie Hawn back around that time. There is something “young” about perky, bubbly blondes. My tastes definitely developed and changed as I got older, and I suspect this is probably true for most people.
[/quote]

Definitely.

These days I’m generally a fan of dirty blondes/light brunettes.

i think all women are turned on by muscle in general…

even if they don’t know it yet…

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]BobParr wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

I don’t get it.[/quote]

OK, here’s my theory:

[/quote]

[/quote]

My mom told me I had a thing for Lynda Carter. I don’t really remember that Wonder Woman show, but I guess I knew what titties were.

[quote]D Public wrote:

[/quote]
Well,yeah. Its kinda instinctive. People want to compensate but looks and muscles are definitely going to rule out other factors (That is of coarse,if your rich but who actively looks for Gold Diggers)I remember during my senior year (2008) I was talking to a girl I really liked. I was 5’7 and 155 pounds but I was kinda built. (Honestly,Im not even bragging) and she said I should stay the same way and that she thought overly big guys were gross. Fast forward to earlier this year,5’8 and 185 with 10% bf (Again,im not bragging) and we met again through facebook. When she saw me at Starbucks,she was literally dumbstruck. The first thing she did was hugged on to me for longer than a usual hug,grabbed my arms,poke my chest,slapped my butt,then blah,blah,blah we fucked,and never talked again after that. Look,my point it,the women that say they hate meathead are usually the first one to soak their panties if their being offered a piece. FEELS GOOD,MAN.

[quote]D Public wrote:

[/quote]

Absolutely. It’s hardwired. At the end of the day that hardwiring will take over despite what the girly bullshit the media keeps pushing.

I dont think its been said yet but…

WOMEN like muscles. They find a muscular physique sexy/attractive.

GIRLS… mmmm not so much. They might not like it as much but will once they mature.

as for the “whats the obsession with hawt abz?” Abs look good. No one can deny that. But if your 140lbs with abs its not impressive. If you’re 240 with abs then thats a whole different ball game. It’s ok to have “ripped muscular” abs IF you have a “ripped muscular” rest of the body to go along with it.

just my opinion.