My Fullbody Plan

This is what i have drawn up to start back into full body with a focus on cleans for LE skills. I think it looks good so unless anyone has any true feedback of real concerns i was going to start Monday.

I kind of modeled it after a doug hepburn routine i did as a beginner where i just went balls to the wall on one or two exercises 4x a week, its was ultra simplistic, i wanted my fullbody routine to mirror that
Day 1: warmup
Hang Clean 5/3/1
Squat 5/3/1SVR
push press work up to heavy set of 5,3, 2 or 1 rep if im really feeling good
optional/assistance Back ext, dips, curl

Day 2: warmup
Bench press 5/3/1SVR
Squat DL
Deadlift 5/3/1
optional/assistance rows and abs

Day 3: warmup
press 5/3/1SVR
Clean 5/3/1SVR
Squat, DL
optional/assistance Dips, Chins GM,

I would do DL before bench and clean before press.

Week One
Day One

Squat ? 5/3/1 sets and reps
Deadlift ? 65% x 3, 75% x 3, 85% x 3
Assistance

Day two
Bench Press ? 5/3/1 sets and reps
Press -65% x 3, 75% x 3, 85% x 3
Assistance Work

Week Two
Day One

Squat ? 65% x 3, 75% x 3, 85% x 3
Deadlift ? 5/3/1 sets and reps
Assistance

Day Two

Bench Press -65% x 3, 75% x 3, 85% x 3
Press ? 5/3/1 sets and reps
Assistance Work

JFG I really dont understand your reply, im not looking for a cake walk

[quote]dhickey wrote:
I would do DL before bench and clean before press.

ill take that into account, thank you. I just figured since i was doing SVR i would put the lift that was pushed harder first, that was/is my reasoning.

[quote]JFG wrote:

I didnt mean to come off as rude or anything but i just know mentally I dont do well lifting light like that one week. i feel detrained when i come back to it the next week. So personally for me squatting heavy twice a month or benching heavy twice a month doesn’t seem to be optimal for me. Not to mention i want to focus on cleans as well unless you intended for me to include those in assistance work

You didn’t. I posted the wrong program above. That is the two days a week template. And FYI, it is NOT a “cake walk”.

Right now, you are just “Ill add more because I’m working out less” syndrome.

Just use the full body template or the three days a week template and add assistance that meet your goals. Start simple, THEN add. Not “add as much as possible on the first week and hope for the best”.

Good luck.

ok i think ill change the hang clean back to clean DeLoad, other than that i dont see how its to much. I have made the assistance work optional because i would rather spend up my energy on the big lifts, I hope that makes sense. I do appreciate discussing it cause I’ve never really had a training partner or anyone that could discuss programming.

Or, do a template that someone much smarter then you and I devised and wrote about.

There is two versions of the Full Body with Clean in the Beyond book. Pick one and go to town.

[quote]JFG wrote:
Or, do a template that someone much smarter then you and I devised and wrote about.

Ahhh brought a smile to my face, good point no arguments and will do