My Friend's Endo Cut His TRT Cold Turkey

My friend is 50 years old.
He became anoyed his balls shrank after 2 years of TRT.
She Just told him to stop taking the cyp for three months. His total test was about 1300 ALL this períod.

She did not tell him he will crash. Nothing about PCT. He doesn’t even know what is HCG.

He is totally ignorant about It all.

When he crashes and develop symptoms. She will probably explain he is 50 and his balls are gone and to hop in again.

Should I tell him about what is to come? Or let him crash and go resolve It with her?

Some doctors have no business prescribing TRT.

to clarify: you’re friends with both the Endo and the 50yr old?

+1 with @systemlord, the Endo needs to do what’s right - and IMO if you know what is right, you should do it too. I would speak to him letting him know the problems he will encounter, and how to PCT.
You could also speak with the Endo and describe the reasons why she cannot just cx his TRT with no PCT. If she is a good doctor, she will realize she is wrong and correct course. If not, I would find a new doctor. This part is subjective to personal choice.

Just to play devils advocate… the nocebo effect is real and strong… maybe tell him nothing and see if he actually feels bad. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I’m Just his friend.

He tells me what is going on because I’ve read his bloods other times tô explain what is going on.

This time he told me that he stopped and that his test levels até ok acording to her. Probably the halflife if the cyp still Kicking.

I thought that and is what brought me here.

Maybe he Will Go throught It all and recover tô his meh self.

Since he is not suicidal or depressive, I do not think the suppression will hit him hard.

When his dick stops working she will finally explain that Is meh balls or TRT.

Still tô not explain tô 50 years old that onde starting TRT he should stay on It, or about the atrophy and worse about suppression after stopping.

I do not know. Maybe os better tô not know.

After 2 years in the 1300 range… How hard Will the suppression hit him? Could he Go throught It all ignorant of what is happening?

I fear that It could affect his family, his business and finally cause him a big problem.

You should tell your friend to start taking an interest in his medical condition, do his research because he can’t reasonably expect his doctors to know what they are doing.

Depends, is he your friend or your enemy lol? Tell him to find a competent doctor

He Said he stopped before Christmas. He feels that his performance on the gym fell, also his libido.

But that he is feeling ok, he Said.

I do not know. If I tell that he should feeling like crap and that It will persist for months or years…
Maybe he will start tô feel like that.

He sees no problem with It for now.

As i thought she warned that if he crumble, to go back to her, and she will probably just makes him hop in again. 1 shot every two weeks.

I asked If she proposed anything in between… He said dhea…

He is one of those persons that blindly believes in authorities and as I’m no doctor…

This doctor is a by-the-book idiot. What a terrible protocol.

You can’t help people that don’t want to help themselves.

Im not much of a sexist, but I am. Women have no place in men’s TRT unless they fully understand what its like to be a man.

4 Likes

I told him to search for another doctor.
Numbered her mistakes.
Not telling about atrophy.
Not telling about PCT.
Not telling about beeing a life comitment.
Not telling he should pin more frequently.

He confessed he is feeling low, but can take It. Probably thinking It Will last Just some weeks.

He said that he will wait for her to tell him what tô do next. And then he will inform me.

Even men do not know How suppression hits hard in a pacient that already had depression problems.

He is a Farmer, stubborn as mule. He Will never confess to her that he fells like shit.

Then there’s little hope for your friend. I have a brother and a father that are as stubborn as a mule.

They’re both cancer men. My father’s doctor a few years ago told him he had diabetes, my father said no I don’t and walked out of the doctors office.

A month later he ended up in the ER, doctor in the ER says, did you know you have diabetes?

Dad was an officer in the Marine Corps for 22 years and served two tours in Vietnam.

They don’t complain about pain, they suffer in silence.

1 Like

You know, I agree with this. But, my clinic recently switched me to a female doc, and we spoke a few weeks ago and what she said wasn’t horrible lol. They are against AI usage now, so she wants me off that, but otherwise didn’t try to completely change everything that has been working for me.

I’m curious. What would you say about a male gynecologist?

I saw an interesting study (the paper was published in the '70s) in the '80s regarding breast cancer treatment. In the US, women were five times as likely to undergo mastectomy as in Russia. At the time, most GYNs in the US were male, while in Russia, the majority of surgeons were female.

Today his news bloods are out.
He stopped test cyp on 03/12/21
did the bloods on 04/01/22
Total test 821,9
Free test 17,54
SHBG 36

I do not know what to think or how to intepret this.
He has 8 daughters…

Did he have a time machine?

Edit: yep, I’m dumb lol. But if he stopped in December and got labs in January then he still likely has some injected test still left in him, that would explain the higher levels still

1 Like