My Football Routine

How many players do you work with at at time?

I wish we could do things that way but our facilities are too small.

If this is for me, Right know there are about 30ish football players coming into the weight room. During the summer when school is out, I have 3 sessions: 6:30AM, 8:00AM, & 10:00AM hopefully 20-25 players at each.

[quote]rizsa wrote:
How many players do you work with at at time?

I wish we could do things that way but our facilities are too small.

If this is for me, Right know there are about 30ish football players coming into the weight room. During the summer when school is out, I have 3 sessions: 6:30AM, 8:00AM, & 10:00AM hopefully 20-25 players at each.[/quote]

I wanted to do things that way(split sessions) but our coach wants to do team stuff for 30 minutes after lifting so we have to get everyone there at one time. Sounds like you are in a great situation.

don’t do the clean or snatch for sets over 3 reps. The goal of these movements is to develop explosive strength, and higher reps will only cause you to compromise form. Instead, you should vary your rep range from 1-3 reps depending on the week. If you want to be ‘scary-strong’, you’ve got to do snatch from the hip or blocks.

I play football at the college level and in my opinion I think that doing 7 reps for olympic lifts is to much. They are to hard to be doing them that many times and your form will begin to suffer which can cause injury. Your program looks good if you follow the advice from the more seasoned members that have already responed (I’m new too). Over here in my university we do over head squats. They are great for balance, stability, and over all strength. We also push a lot of trucks. Usually five people pushing a full ton truck. Not a lot of fun, but efective non the less.

[quote]big49ersfan wrote:
DUDE NEVER SQUAT BELOW FURTHER THAN A COUPLE OF INCHES BELOW PARALEL ITS ARCHAIC YOU WILL RUIN KNEES MY BROTHER LEARNT THE HARD WAY.

anyone who disagrees PM me and i will ecplain why
[/quote]

Bullshit, my friend.

Your brother either did them wrong or overestimated his strength or flexibility.

There is no movement the human body is capable of that shouldn’t be done, albeit with correct execution.