T Nation

My Footage of Unequipped PL Meet

ADFPF federation, Bill Beckwith memorial, Sept. 13th, 2008

I tried to make it cool with the music hitting at certain parts, so mute it if you’re intolerant to good metal music. lol

Looks like some really good lifting. Well done!

What weight were ya, 220 o 242??

nice job btw i like gojira, glad someone else knows them

Nice job, those were some solid numbers.

awsome numbers…and what weight class were you in?

Rare for a raw squat to be that much better than a raw deadlift, good lifting bro.

What were the numbers?

Nicely done. That second squat was fought well.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
What were the numbers?[/quote]

They’re at the end of the vid.

547 squat
347 bench
507 dead

That’s a hell of a raw squat.

I barely made it into the 198 class.

I appreciate the positive comments.

bignate- have you heard the new Gojira album? best yet

[quote]Danimal86 wrote:
I barely made it into the 198 class.

I appreciate the positive comments.

bignate- have you heard the new Gojira album? best yet [/quote]

i have not, i like them because they are just brute oldschoolish heavy riffed metal, knwo what i mean, its got that heavy low riff that makes u bang your head and they throw in the occasional pinch harmonic and such, plus his voice is decent, whats the new album called?

hey bro, nice lifts. im also in mich, where do lift at? im a raw p/l as well and always looking for new compition-friendly. how long u been p/ling? and r u going to the wolverine meet in oct in kalamazoo?

[quote]bignate wrote:

i have not, i like them because they are just brute oldschoolish heavy riffed metal, knwo what i mean, its got that heavy low riff that makes u bang your head and they throw in the occasional pinch harmonic and such, plus his voice is decent, whats the new album called?[/quote]

I agree. It’s called “The Way of All Flesh.” It comes out in October and there’s plenty of previews on youtube I believe. The new single with a video is called “Vacuity.”

[quote]rawdog77 wrote:
hey bro, nice lifts. im also in mich, where do lift at? im a raw p/l as well and always looking for new compition-friendly. how long u been p/ling? and r u going to the wolverine meet in oct in kalamazoo?[/quote]

I’m a student at Western Mich University, so I just lift in the student rec center. Not the most compliant for PL training but I make it work. I’ll be doing a meet with 100% Raw on October 18th in Toledo, Ohio.

I’d like to check out the wolverine, whats the date on that? You competing in it or helping out some training partners? I see you train at DBB, I grew up in Trenton and train at GTS Performance in Westland (just moved from farmington hills) when I am home.

Excellent lifts.

[quote]Danimal86 wrote:
rawdog77 wrote:
hey bro, nice lifts. im also in mich, where do lift at? im a raw p/l as well and always looking for new compition-friendly. how long u been p/ling? and r u going to the wolverine meet in oct in kalamazoo?

I’m a student at Western Mich University, so I just lift in the student rec center. Not the most compliant for PL training but I make it work. I’ll be doing a meet with 100% Raw on October 18th in Toledo, Ohio.

I’d like to check out the wolverine, whats the date on that? You competing in it or helping out some training partners? I see you train at DBB, I grew up in Trenton and train at GTS Performance in Westland (just moved from farmington hills) when I am home.[/quote]

i will b at the wolverine, its oct 25 at strenght beyond gym in kalamazoo, i was training for it but my chiropractor fucked my neck up bad a month ago. im still not training yet, i’ll be helping out.this was ganna be my last meet were i was the only raw lifter and do nothing but raw meets from hear on out.

next time u come home get ahold of me and i can get u a free pass to dbb for the day or whatever. hell maybe i’ll come to toledo for your meet to check out a real raw meet.

u like anyother bands i might not know, im going music shopping this week:)

i’m not sure if you know these ones or not, but here’s some of my personal faves: Opeth, High On Fire, Testament, Goatwhore/Soilent Green (same singer), Superjoint Ritual, Bloodbath, Mastodon, Mnemic, the new Metallica “death magnetic” is pretty good in my opinion, the showdown “back breaker”

Good lifting- espcially for a tall 198er.

I hate watching guys spotting a squat like that though. Yeah, these weren’t 1000+ squats but I maintain you are hardpressed to catch a 500-600 lb bar at arms-length with your little hands cupped 8 inches under the bar. I guess after you see a couple folks get stapled to the floor, your perspective changes somewhat.

Sorry for the hijack- it’s just that shitty meet spotting is a pet peeve of mine.