My First Year Training

[quote]Iron-Hoosier wrote:
If he’s 16, I doubt that he was 6’ a year ago. At that age, of course he is going to get heavier in a year just doing nothing ( he probably grew an inch or more, plus greater bone density, etc). Add in the fact that he’s been eating more and hitting the weights, then yes, 105 pounds is very feasible. On that not, Good Job OP.[/quote]

My step-brother was 6.6 at 14 and never grew an inch more although he did gain alot of weight. Also whenever he bent his legs you could hear cartilage sounds.

there is noooo way someone could be 105 pounds at 6 foot you would need to be hospitalized

[quote]D Public wrote:
good job, man…

I think you are on to a very good start for someone who is 16…I think some of these guys are probably a bit jealous…

as far as lagging bodyparts, I would just worry about hitting every body part hard…and continuing along the same path next year…

[/quote]

a bit jealous? Yeah probably, but I wasn’t necessarily calling bullshit. I did have my suspicions that the OP was probably a teenager.

Great work, Omca. Keep it going.

Thanks for the Kind words everyone, obviously i get nothing but good comments from family and friends
I started at 5’9 so i haven’t grown that much taller…
Also sorry for putting this in the wrong forum I just assumed it would go in bodybuilding…

theres no way your bones didnt weigh more than 100 pounds at 6 foot. I was 109 when I was 4% body fat and was cutting for wrestling. Mind you I didn’t have much muscle either, I was just skinny as hell. There’s no way. Likewise, even though it’s definitely false, you’ve made great progress regardless. Keep it up!

[quote]Omca wrote:
Thanks for the Kind words everyone, obviously i get nothing but good comments from family and friends
I started at 5’9 so i haven’t grown that much taller…
Also sorry for putting this in the wrong forum I just assumed it would go in bodybuilding…[/quote]

3 Inches is a pretty good amount of growth.

Anyhow, those are some solid numbers for a 16 year old kid coming off his first year of training, very good work if it’s all true.

Dude…

You grew 3 inches in a year.

That is significant.

You might have wanted to mention that in your first post…:slight_smile:

Obviously you had a damn huge growth spurt which just happened to coincide with you lifting weights.

Say thank you to the pituitary gland.

Doesn’t matter how much you weigh or what your height was when you first started, as long as you’re getting stronger in the gym, get your nutrition right and gradually increasing your weight. Good job so far!

I don’t think you were 5’9 and 100lbs when you started. I’d believe 120 but not 100, maybe your scale was busted. Impressive job though!