T Nation

My First V-Diet

Well i am Travis i finally decided it was time to take my diet to a new level. i want to become a better athlete and being my size i do well but being leaner and quicker…who knows where i would be. i chose this diet becasue i want to loose a good amount of weight before we go off for are spring break trip for baseball. We fly out on march 9th so its gives me just enough time. i will imput some pictures after this post.

Goal- My goal is to end up around 220 and to see much more definition in my muscles and i want to just not be fat any more im sick of it!!!

Height5’10
Weight:243.6

Day 1 V-Diet

10:30 Protein Shake/HOT-ROX

12:20 Protein Shake/ Muilti Vitimin

3:30 Protein Shake/ HOT-ROX

6:30 Protein Shake

9:00 Protein Shake

Also Trained Today

Deadlift T-Rows Rows LatPullDowns Curls/Drag Curls
225x8 90x15 110x10 100x10 35x8 65x8
275x8 135x15 110x10 110x10 35x8 65x8
315x6 160x10 110x10 110x10 35x8 65x8
355x6 135x14 120x10 110x10
225x8 90x 15 120x10 110x10

Cable Curls
40x10
40x10
40x10

Finished with a good abb workout and as a cardio we got like 8 inches of snow i shoveld the drive way so i thought that was good.

Another Pic

Another

Last One

Welcome to the club

Good luck!

I’ll be joining you on monday, I’m not sure why my delivery is taking so long.

thanks guys i will need alot of support to get threw this. i know i can do it and all i want to do is see myself at the finish line on the 28th.

i got a quick question on somthing,i was reading a couple other v-diets and people were taking fish oil.Should i do this? if so how much?

Fish oil was part of the original incarnation of the v-diet when it was created prior to the formulation of Flameout. Shugart now recommends Flameout as part of the V-diet, with Flameout you can take the recommended dose of four a day or if you have more fat in the stomach area as much as eight a day… Coach Thibs has one of Clinic guys on that much a day. Either choice, you split the doses…two or four with one meal and the other half with the last meal. I personally take six a day.

Thanks Qaash for the quick feedback i am going to get a bottle of Flameout today. Thanks again happy training

You can do it! Everytime you get a craving and see something you can’t have, just ask yourself “how bad do you want it??”

Follow it for two weeks strictly and the weight will fly off. Good luck and lift heavy

[quote]baseball2277 wrote:
Thanks Qaash for the quick feedback i am going to get a bottle of Flameout today. Thanks again happy training[/quote]

You will need more than one bottle…I ordered three for the dosage I’m taking.

[quote]Qaash wrote:
baseball2277 wrote:
Thanks Qaash for the quick feedback i am going to get a bottle of Flameout today. Thanks again happy training

You will need more than one bottle…I ordered three for the dosage I’m taking.[/quote]

I will get another when i am close to running out i just cant afford it will all the other stuff i bought the other day. But i will be sure not to run out.

Day 2 Of V-Diet

9:30 Am
Protein Shake
vitamin
Fish Oil
HOT-ROX

Workout 11:00AM
Squat
135x8
185x8
185x8
185x8
225x6
135x15
Leg Extensions
90x10
90x10
90x10
70x20
Calf Raises
150x20
150x20
150x20
150x20

After that i did cardio on the treadmill i walked

Incline 5.0
Speed 3.5-4.0
Time 30 Minutes

After the cardio i sent about twenty minutes doing ab workouts

1:00 PM-later than i wanted it to be i had a long workout

Protein Shake mixed with natural peanut butter and flax seed
took another serving of fish oil.

Overall good day so far i had a good workout and i will keep you posted how i do the rest of the day.

[quote]golferguy12 wrote:
You can do it! Everytime you get a craving and see something you can’t have, just ask yourself “how bad do you want it??”

Follow it for two weeks strictly and the weight will fly off. Good luck and lift heavy[/quote]

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GOLFERGUY I WILL THINK OF THAT WHEN I WANT A RIP IT OR SOMETHING

For sure. I have a couple pieces of advice for ya. Workout wise, I’m sure that workout lasted 45 minutes or so, but you doing squats, calf raises, and quad extensions just seems a little low. You are only working 3 muscles on the leg that entire day. I HIGHLY SUGGEST doing Waterbury’s TBT. Its pretty high intensity (your heart rate will stay up the entire workout), you will get stronger(as long as you increase weights every week), and its only a 3 days a week workout.

That means you could do cardio and abs on separate days. Workout 3 times per week, cardio and abs 3 times. Also the workouts are short. You could also consider his 10x3 for fat loss. I really enjoyed TBT. heres the link:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=508031

Let me know what you think and if you need any help figuring out workouts or have any questions, just let me know. BTW, could you send me a link of the V-Diet? I can’t find it.

Well ended my day 2 of the the v-diet with

Also did more cardio i did mixed martial arts training very tough

5pm Protein Drink

8pm Protein Drink w/fish oil

plan on having the last one at 10pm then i will call it a night

[quote]golferguy12 wrote:
For sure. I have a couple pieces of advice for ya. Workout wise, I’m sure that workout lasted 45 minutes or so, but you doing squats, calf raises, and quad extensions just seems a little low. You are only working 3 muscles on the leg that entire day. I HIGHLY SUGGEST doing Waterbury’s TBT. Its pretty high intensity (your heart rate will stay up the entire workout), you will get stronger(as long as you increase weights every week), and its only a 3 days a week workout. That means you could do cardio and abs on separate days. Workout 3 times per week, cardio and abs 3 times. Also the workouts are short. You could also consider his 10x3 for fat loss. I really enjoyed TBT. heres the link:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=508031

Let me know what you think and if you need any help figuring out workouts or have any questions, just let me know. BTW, could you send me a link of the V-Diet? I can’t find it. [/quote]

Golferguy thank you for the idea of going to the Waterbury TBT i will look into that i might switch workouts in a week or so. So that will probley be my next choice.

and also golferguy here is the link to the V-Diet
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=546491&pageNo=0

Day 3

First Drink at 10 AM

Second Drink At 1Pm

Third Drink 530pm with flax seed and natrual penut butter

Plan on having the next two during the super bowl
at 730Pm and 930PM

Overall good day so far energy levels pretty good i will not get on the scale until friday my clean meal will be friday night. I like the diet so far lots of drinking but so far so good.

[quote]baseball2277 wrote:
Day 2 Of V-Diet

Protein Shake
vitamin
Fish Oil
HOT-ROX[/quote]

Have you figured out all the calories and macronutrients? Specifically I’m wondering how much fish oil you’re taking and if you’ve calculated those fat calories into the daily intake.

Because Flameout is so concentrated, you don’t have to take too much and so your fat grams are lower at the end of the day.

I second the tip to change away from this type of workout while dieting. It’s too long. You want a full-body routine. You may have a lot of fat to burn but you do not want to bonk and do something stupid like bingeing or arguing with your girl later because your nervous system is backfiring on you.

Think fast, intense and, uh, sub-maximal by design. You should feel exhilarated and with a little gas left in the tank when the workout is done.

[quote]downwardog wrote:
baseball2277 wrote:
Day 2 Of V-Diet

Protein Shake
vitamin
Fish Oil
HOT-ROX

Have you figured out all the calories and macronutrients? Specifically I’m wondering how much fish oil you’re taking and if you’ve calculated those fat calories into the daily intake.
i am taking 3000mg of fish oil a day and no i have not figured all the calories and macronutrents yet.

Because Flameout is so concentrated, you don’t have to take too much and so your fat grams are lower at the end of the day.

Workout 11:00AM
Squat
135x8
185x8
185x8
185x8
225x6
135x15
Leg Extensions
90x10
90x10
90x10
70x20
Calf Raises
150x20
150x20
150x20
150x20

After that i did cardio on the treadmill i walked

Incline 5.0
Speed 3.5-4.0
Time 30 Minutes

After the cardio i sent about twenty minutes doing ab workouts

I second the tip to change away from this type of workout while dieting. It’s too long. You want a full-body routine. You may have a lot of fat to burn but you do not want to bonk and do something stupid like bingeing or arguing with your girl later because your nervous system is backfiring on you.

Think fast, intense and, uh, sub-maximal by design. You should feel exhilarated and with a little gas left in the tank when the workout is done.

Thanks for the tip your are the second person to say this about my workout now. i am planning to switch to the Waterbury TBT for tomorrow’s workout. Thanks again and i will try to figure out the totals for you