T Nation

My First T-Man Experience

So… I just got back from the training centre and I’m now sitting eating some chicken breat and salad after a solid shoulder work-out. I figured I’d share a little experience from my training session today, with you all.

There I was, standing in the calf machine, doing CT’s “Standing calf machine shrugs”, from his SuperHero program, for my shoulders. Out of the door from the spinning room walks 3 guys in matching cycle outfits, looking at me as if I’m a complete retard. They continue to the weight lifting area behind me, silently shaking their heads in disbelief.

When I was done with my exercise, i walked by them, with an upright-posture thinking “Oh if they just had a clue”.

Just one of the small joys I get out of this site, every time I train. :slight_smile:

JBR, a little anti climactic there from your thread title, but if it makes you feel good right on.

D

The real T-man experience wont come for years when you come back big and shredded and they all look the same.

[quote]JBR wrote:

There I was, standing in the calf machine, doing CT’s “Standing calf machine shrugs”, from his SuperHero program, for my shoulders. [/quote]

So what you are saying is that you are doing some author’s workout from a website that sells stuff. You then go on to belittle people who are working out for no reason other than what they are wearing. And you think you know everything?

Sounds to me like you are the one who needs “a clue”. Maybe the little blue dog hasn’t helped you yet.

Hence why I posted it in the “Beginner” section. But I’ve seen the trend in here: The general “I sit behind my keyboard trash-talking-type-of-person” from the Internet has infiltrated this site too. Way too often when someone posts something in the Beginner’s section they are getting flamed because they “have to get shredded” before they’re entitled to post or “doing some authors work-out” when they really need to get a grasp of things first.

I wrote this because I felt good about doing an exercise I know (because of Christian’s explanations) works well. Some people who thought they are all that, looked at me in disbelief because they’re really not “all that”.

Oh and btw “Get Stoked”: What’s up with the trash talk when you signed up for this site just one month prior to me? :wink:

Not that your negative comments matters much to me anyways. I know I’m on the right track. I read these forums where a lot of intelligent people who has tons of information about bodybuilding posts. I train hard, eat well and get my rest. The results will come I’m sure.

Hope “the hating part of the forum” will lighten up a bit and have a good summer anyways.

I am the hater? You opened up with online trash talking about the cyclists clothing in some sort of fab 5 critique to convince us that they were clueless. I would have shook my head at you too, irregardless of what i was wearing.

If its working for you, then great. But have you even tried dumbell shrugs? They even have a machine for shrugs. And you might not end up looking like a noob in the process.

But then, what do i know? I don’t do bicep curls on the hamstring machine, even if arnold says to.

When I read the title of this Thread I thought the story would be going in a whole different direction.

I guess that would have been in the “Sex and the Male Animal” forum.

Does it matter if the calf machine is used for shrugs opposite dumbells? The claf machine which on a sidenote is never in use anyways, opposite the dumbells where there’s always a crowd of 10 people doing their curls. No, it’s the exact same exercise, just a little easier, in my pov, with the machine.

But thanks for your concern Chickenmcnug, even though you probably know a great deal about bodybuilding I prefer to take CT’s advice over yours, since I don’t know that much yet.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
The real T-man experience wont come for years when you come back big and shredded and they all look the same.[/quote]

Or worst because eating like a chick and doing cycling classes will leave them with even less muscle (atleast most of these toolboxs I see in cycling class just keep getting worse and worse)

[quote]TBoZ1244 wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
The real T-man experience wont come for years when you come back big and shredded and they all look the same.

Or worst because eating like a chick and doing cycling classes will leave them with even less muscle (atleast most of these toolboxs I see in cycling class just keep getting worse and worse)[/quote]

True… Hour long cardio (especially if they do it fasted) can lead to some breakdown. Toothpick leg syndrome will set in if its all they do for sure.

I know, hence why I felt good about myself because I know I’m on the right track. But I guess this summers trend is that the new members here at T-Nation has to be roughed up a bit before they are accepted :wink:

You call than a T-man moment?

Try deadlifting 100lbs more than anyone else can for reps, You know that spot where 10 people are pretending not to look at you and you look like your about to start bleading from your eyes?

Thats a T-man moment.

I think the flame because there are a few of us that are tired of hearing the phrase “t-man this,” “t-man that,” “Since I’m a t-man, I did…”

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
When I read the title of this Thread I thought the story would be going in a whole different direction.

I guess that would have been in the “Sex and the Male Animal” forum.[/quote]

Me too! I am glad it went the way it did.

True, because a slap in the face is bette than a pat on the back.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

I guess that would have been in the “Sex and the Male Animal” forum.

Me too! I am glad it went the way it did.[/quote]

I was expecting something along the lines of the shower scene in American History X

[quote]JBR wrote:
True, because a slap in the face is bette than a pat on the back.[/quote]

Consider this your first thread on the road to becoming a T-man :slight_smile: Now start dead lifting and squatting !!

Yeah, I thought this thread was going somewhere else too.