MY FIRST PULLUP EVER TODAY!!!!!

PEOPLE! PEOPLE! PEOPLE!!!

I DID MY FIRST PULLUP TODAY. EVER. AND IT WAS OFF THIS WOODEN 2x4 with HORRIBLE GRIP. I just went for it, and BOOM! I WAS UP THERE!!! OMG. This could quite possibly be the GREATEST PHYSICAL FEAT I HAVE EVER ACCOMPLISHED!!! TWENTY YEARS IN THE MAKING!!! ALL THOSE TIMES in P.E. when i was TOO FAT and TOO WEAK, and NOW, here I am, age 20, 196 lbs, I DID MY FIRST PULLUP!!! OH MY GOD. ABSOLUTLY EXHILIRIATING!!! JUST THE MOTIVATION I NEED TO TAKE MY TRAINING TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!!

LMAO!!!

Way to go brotha man!

I remember after working out a while, I remembered pullups and decided to see if I could finally do them, and cranked out 5 after like you, never being able to do them when I was younger.

Congratulations!!

You’ll be ruining 2x4s like its your job soon!

All right, bro!! Kick ass!! Now everybody will agree with me when I say we want you to kick out two next time. And I better see you bust out some serious reps by the end of the year! Good job!

Congrats!!!

Great feeling aint it. A real motivating factor.

Keep up the good work.

Phill

Guys,

IT WAS INCREDIBLE. My uncle has like this loft thing in his garage where he stores junk. I jumped up, grabbed it, pulled, went up, kept pulling, went up some more, kept pulling, and was AT THE APEX! My GOD. My hands are kind of cut up now cuz i couldnt get a proper grip. And this was PALMS FACING OUT, so i guess it was a chin then? All these EMBARRASSING YEARS training on the ASSISTED PULLUP machine like a little BITCH! HAHAHAHA YES!!! HELL YEAH IM GONNA KNOCK OUT TWO, THREE, FOUR and then onto a 45lb plate CLINCHED between my knees and ankles, and maybe 2 45lb plates with a chain. GOD THATS GONNA BE PIMP!!! Yesterday, brazilian ju jitsu ass kicking, today pullup. Tomorrow? WHO KNOWS!

I LOVE IT!!!

Man you are getting me all fired up for my upcoming leg workout. It is awesome to read someone so damn excited/motivated.

Keep this fire going, go grab that damn bar and own it. Make it your B*&CH.

Once again, congrats and kee us informed on the progress. I cant wait to see the excitement from some weighted chins.

Phill

Excellent work!

Mike Mahler

Man good job!!! Right now I am totally fuckin wasted(its sooooooo against my cuttting phase) but hell I’ve been good,and what’s life with out fun,anyways SUPER AWESOME!!! Great JOB man, I remember back in elementary school and early junior high when I couldn’t do any pull-ups at all, it sucked. Then when I did my first in 8th grade I almost nutted in my pants if I could have. That’s awesome,keep up the motivation!!!Great Job Playa

Being able to pull one`s own weight unassisted has a certain effect on self-esteem. It sure did for me. Congratulations!

DeterminedNate,

Great work!

Now instead of going back to any machine to improve even further why don’t you hit two sets of two reps of negatives? Do one regular rep for your first set wait a couple of miniutes then hit the two sets of negatives. (rest up to 2:00 between all sets)

Before you know it you will be on this very forum pumped up about doing two reps…then three and four. The skys the limit man!

Good Luck,

Zeb

LOL. Congrats! It’s funny when you mentioned pull ups. Yesterday, I was helping this HS soccer player get in a better shape for the soccer season next year and we were working out at his HS weight room. These young HS basketball players came up to me and asked me how I built my upper back like that. I said pull ups and rows and they went straight to the pull up bars and started doing them. LOL! I have to admit it their pull up form wasn’t pretty so I had to go over there and help them out. Keep working on it. Soon enough you’ll be cranking out 10,15,20. 20 pull ups would be the ulitmate achievement which I’ve never done. I’ve done 18 but still working for 20.

AWESOME! I CAN"T WAIT TO DO ONE AS WELL! Hell yeah! You go boy!

I remember the first time I did a dip, I ran round telling everyone. Just like you, after years of being too fat to do one, I did i!

THe combo of negative reps and weight loss is tough to beat!

Same feeling when I did 100 situps un under 3 minutes while in HS, and was the biggest/fattest guy on the football team.

There’s just some magic when it comes to BW exercises!

Way to go, man. I remember my first pull up like it was last month. Oh, wait…it was. I’m 36, so it took a long time (kinda hate to admit that). If you get a chance, search for the pull-up manifesto by ZEB. It worked great for me. I’ve had to make copies for a few of the guys from my gym. It’s good reading. Anyway, keep up the great work and, like Phill said, own the bar.

YES!

I love the responses and its just adding FUEL to the BLAZING INFERNO! YEAH!

I acutally hit up the gym today. And yes! I could do a pullup! A chin! and that thing with the two parallel handles sticking out from the bar. I actually could do a couple of those. Its so AWESOME! Im about 5’11-6’0, 196, 21% BF and am a BIG DUDE. While doing them in the mirror my bicepts look GARGANTUAN! YES!

Today in my business communication class we had to speak infront of the class about our interpretation of the word “success.” Yup, you guessed it, I spent the entire 5 mins on my FIRST PULLUP EXPERIENCE. Needless to say, it was MAGICAL, the class was mesmerized and my professor loved it.

So guys, whats the next step? Just start doing pullups and do as many as I can? Stop, take a break and do it all over again? Do some negatives? Pull myself up and hold it in that flex position as long as possible?

YES!

pullups… God, i am such a BAD ASS.

In the power-packed words of CT on chinups:

“To dominate this exercise, one must possess a strong back, strong arms, a firm grip, lots of body control, and strength endurance in the forearms and hands. This makes the chin-up quite possibly the best test of relative strength available.”

HAHAHAH!!! YES! YES! YES!! I GUESS I FALL INTO THAT CATEGORY NOW!!! ONE ARMED, ONE PINKY PULLUPS HERE WE COME BABY!!! IM JUST SO HAPPY! THANK YOU JESUS!!!

congrats man!

Nate - Just wait for the feeling you get once you hit 30 pullups… or maybe singles with 90 lbs hanging off of you. ;D

Shoot for the stars man! GO GET 'EM!

OMG, that’s awesome. your posts cracked me up too, what a good combo. inspiring and humorous. i felt pretty good too when i got my first one. now i’m determined to do more than 10. your first weighted pullup will feel pretty damn good too. the other night at the fire station, i impressed the rest of the members with my pullup ability i think. especially considering i did more than most of the guys. one or two matched me :wink: so, that’s more motivation to do MORE so i can beat all of them. i’ll get there. keep us posted on your progress too!!

seminole chick-

did i mention that im a handsome, sexy, educated, ambitious, goal driven young man as well? :wink:

Nathan…

Gosh… you’ll be doing one handers in no time… Although it sounds like you are already doin’ those!!! LMAO!!!

Seriously though… Congrats… It IS awesome when you do your first AND 9 times out of 10 if you can do 1… you can do 3!!!

I can do a few now and with ease… took a long time but I’m there and it just gets better and BETTER!!!

As a matter of fact I’m doing Chest and Back today… and in your honour I’ll bang out a few JUST for you Nate!!

Keep it up… :wink:

x
Chess…