My First Full Power Meet

A small introduction first. I’ve been lurking on this forum for a few years now and finally have decided to start to post. I just competed in my first full power meet last saturday. Here’s the video and a meet write up I did for my team’s website.

Squat
1st - 385 - Absolutely flew up, gave me a big confidence boost.
2nd - 418 - Junior State Record. Good lift, nice and deep. Didn’t really feel it or remember it, which is a good thing.
3rd - 429 - Junior State Record. Good lift, this was heavy, but I feel like a left a few pounds out there. I think I would have been good for 440, but I am happy going 3/3.

Bench
1st - 325 - Junior State Record. Slower than it should have been, but that was my fault. Messed up my warm-ups and sat there for 15 minutes before I took my first attempt.
2nd - 347 - Junior State Record. Good lift, slow, but I kept my form and was solid. I beat the old state record by 87 lbs.
3rd - 358 - No Lift. I got called off the bench for some stupid reason and that messed with me. I don’t know why this happens to me, but it is what it is. Just didn’t have this in me today. 2/3 in the bench.

Deadlift
1st - 424 - Good lift, a little slow, but solid. I beat the total record with this pull.
2nd - 457 - Junior State Record and Total Record. Ball buster. I was gassed and dead tired at this point. This lift was more of a stifflegged deadlift than anything else. Beat the total record by 138 lbs.
3rd - 468 - No lift. Tried to tie my PR, but just didn’t have it.

Overall I think that this was a great meet. Huge turnout of lifters (They ran two plateforms) and was very fast. I was back on the road by 4:00. I’m really happy to have a full meet under my belt and can’t wait to get better. I definitely need to improve my conditioning though, I was exhausted by the deadlift. I am also most likely going to start to pull sumo, but we will see how that goes in training.

Looking forward to posting on this forum and hopefully learning a few things along the way.

Brian

youre strong

Great job bro!!!

Good job at the meet and a making an easy to read post.

i think you could have had that last deadlift. just looks like you were burnt out and gave up. :wink:

[quote]monkm wrote:
i think you could have had that last deadlift. just looks like you were burnt out and gave up. ;)[/quote]

I was definately burnt out. Dead tired would be a better way to put it. I didn’t give up, just didn’t have it in me that day…which sucks and is my fault. I need to start to run :frowning: I hate running

Great lifting!

good lifting. what fed/equipment?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
good lifting. what fed/equipment?[/quote]

Well the video when clicked said USAPL.

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
good lifting. what fed/equipment?

Well the video when clicked said USAPL.[/quote]

Busy reading hie weight. missed that.

[quote]bm13271 wrote:
monkm wrote:
i think you could have had that last deadlift. just looks like you were burnt out and gave up. :wink:

I was definately burnt out. Dead tired would be a better way to put it. I didn’t give up, just didn’t have it in me that day…which sucks and is my fault. I need to start to run :frowning: I hate running

[/quote]

dont run! get a prowler to push

Brian thanks for the great recapture. Congrats on your completions you looked good.

[quote]Pirate12 wrote:
Brian thanks for the great recapture. Congrats on your completions you looked good.

[/quote]

Thanks, but there is still a lot of work to be done. I’ve got a lot of learning to do particularly in the bench press. I thought my squats looked the best. The bench press though, I think I am capable of much more at this body weight. To be honest, I’ve just now finally broken in the super katana I wear to the point I can now touch consistently. Because it took so long to break it, I neglected higher end work. Now that I have the time to focus on my lock out and mid range boards, I think my bench will drastically improve. Even my deadlift, now that I am pulling sumo and can purchase a sumo suit, should be better.

At least that’s the plan…