My First Ever Competition

Removed and waiting for post to be deleted.

8 Likes

congratulations man , you have an amazing physique !

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind response. There is definitely a ton of work.to do this off season with a bunch of weaknesses to look at but overall I’m so glad I didnt give up that last week. All the best and again thank you.

How did you place?

Congrats! Yeah, I’ve been saying for years that if the final result, stepping out under those lights wasn’t so amazing, no one would endure such self imposed suffering -lol.

Lineup pics?

S

1 Like

Not Bad !!! Congratulations!

Most. Majestic. Posing. Ever.

2 Likes

B[quote=“Lingweno, post:7, topic:248704”]
They said if i had done that better i would have placed 1st
[/quote]

Lots of props on doing the show, and bringing a solid package. I respect anyone who steps on stage seriously and puts it all out there.

I will say though, having judged many contests over the last 7 years that never, never have I ever seen anyone with the best physique not win , or do well in a show because of their posing.

Over the years, I’ve had the wonderful experience of having many pro competitors angrily demand to know why they finished where they did in the line up, and my “while you were huge and shredded, the guys ahead of you were huge-er and shredded-er” never really seems a satisfactory answer.

S

2 Likes

well he did say he came in 2nd. Is it not possible that the guy who won came in with a marginally worse physique but significantly superior posing to take the win? Like if they were pretty much neck and neck outside of that?

If they were neck and neck, then it was split and the judges should tell him so. I always tell competitors where I had them and whether the rest of the judging panel must have agreed or not with my assessment. Most placings are resulting of a split decision.

I’m always honest if someone cares enough to stay after the contest seeking feedback. I’d never tell someone who was just beaten by a competitor with a superior physique (as obviously agreed upon by 7 judges, not just myself, who don’t even know how each other scored the rounds until it’s all tallied for the finals)) that they lost because of something that isn’t scored in amateur contests like posing.

S

1 Like

ok that’s what I was wondering. I didn’t know if posing had a point-value that got factored in, sounds like it does not.

Bro good physique. R u natural or gear up.?