T Nation

My First Ever Attempt at a Cut...

Yesterday I started the first day of a small cut. Seeing as I’ve never cut in my life, I’m very ectomorph, I’m a bit unsure what I’m doing.

The overall aim is to shed about 10 lbs, not much, but I want to do it right so I maintain as much muscle mass as possible and can then start my next year long bulk.

What I’m unsure of is my diet, and whether its healthy to eat these sorts of food everyday. Here’s the break down:

Training: WS4SB.
Diet: - Fat and protein spread equally throughout the day.
Breakfast/pre-workout: Rice + Skinless chicken breast. 50% of my daily carb intake.
Workout: Whey protein shake + fruit. 20% of carbs.
30 mins after workout: Oatmeal. 25% of carbs.
Meal 4: 5 eggs.
Meal 5: Chicken breast.
Meal 6: Lean ground beef (90% lean) + Oatmeal (5% of carbs)
Meal 7: Chicken breast.
Meal 8: Pistachio nuts.

Macro: 235 carbs, 305 protein, 100 fat (of which 26 sat fat). - 3060 calories.

At this stage I think it is either enough to lose 1/2 lb a week or maintain my weight. Will monitor it for 2 weeks then adjust accordingly.

Any advice or comments about things? Can I eat 5 eggs + quite a lot of beef everyday?

does protein scare you?

It doesn’t. Ideally I would be getting 350g, but I’ struggling to find ways to cram it in. Its easy to say ‘eat more chicken’ but on a student budget it gets tough :frowning:

Any suggestions on how to bump up the protein then?

Edit: Or are you referring to me asking about beef+eggs? If so, its more the sat fat I was wondering about.

The protein supplement I take is about $1/ serving and 30g protein. Thats less $ than a bottle of coke. You can mix with water or milk for added benefits. I usually “drink” about 100g/day.

[quote]kinein wrote:
does protein scare you?[/quote]

What are you getting at? He’s getting 300g a day…thats pretty damn good unless he is 300lbs…but I’m guessing he is 180-200ish
OP whats your weight?

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
kinein wrote:
does protein scare you?

What are you getting at? He’s getting 300g a day…thats pretty damn good unless he is 300lbs…but I’m guessing he is 180-200ish
OP whats your weight?[/quote]

That’s a pretty good guess, I’m around 192-200 depending on the scales.

[quote]Denning wrote:
Rico Suave wrote:
kinein wrote:
does protein scare you?

OP whats your weight?

That’s a pretty good guess, I’m around 192-200 depending on the scales.[/quote]

Looks like enough protein to me.