My First Ever 700lbs Squat

I know a lot of people won’t really care and I’m sure the dpeth is not up to par with some. But, I have been working for this for a solid 14 months and I finally got it. 700lbs raw w/wraps @ 209 bw.

That’s so cool, congratulations! Depth looks fine to me - you’re not burying it, but it sure as hell isn’t high.

Makes me want to squat heavy.

Very impressive! Is this considered depth in your federation (not experienced with depth judging)? Also how tall are you?

[quote]MarkKO wrote:
That’s so cool, congratulations! Depth looks fine to me - you’re not burying it, but it sure as hell isn’t high.

Makes me want to squat heavy.[/quote]

Lol thanks man. I think depth was just barely right there def could go either way. But, I always have a tendency to squat just to in training and then with the added adrenaline I get that little extra something. Have never missed a squat due to depth lol.

You become a Monster …

[quote]Koestrizer wrote:
Very impressive! Is this considered depth in your federation (not experienced with depth judging)? Also how tall are you?[/quote]

Thanks man. I compete SPF/APC/GPC and for them the depth here would be very close. Could literally go either way. Most likely would give me 2/3 Whites in most cases. If you look one of my hips is lower than the other so I would probably get a white from one side and front judge lol.

I’m 5’5" to 5’6" depending on what shoes I’m wearing lol.

Great work! It’s really striking (and impressive) to me how much your squats, front squats and sumo deads look and “move” so similar. It seems like you are getting GREAT carry-over between the lifts. Your training seems really well planned and smart. Keep up the strong work!

Video gave me anxiety. Impressive as hell dude. What thoughts are going through your mind when you have that weight on your back and your whole body is shaking like you have parkinsons ? Intense I bet ?

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Koestrizer wrote:
Very impressive! Is this considered depth in your federation (not experienced with depth judging)? Also how tall are you?[/quote]

Thanks man. I compete SPF/APC/GPC and for them the depth here would be very close. Could literally go either way. Most likely would give me 2/3 Whites in most cases. If you look one of my hips is lower than the other so I would probably get a white from one side and front judge lol.

I’m 5’5" to 5’6" depending on what shoes I’m wearing lol.[/quote]

Do you have any tips on how to be that stable and upright? Of course I am quite a bit taller and have to lean forward to a degree but I have problems keeping tight coming out of the hole.

Nice dude. 700 is big weight. The depth on the warm ups looks perfect to me, and then it becomes a bit ambiguous on the 700 with the front view. You should get someone else to film your big lifts with a side angle too. Either way, good shit.

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
Great work! It’s really striking (and impressive) to me how much your squats, front squats and sumo deads look and “move” so similar. It seems like you are getting GREAT carry-over between the lifts. Your training seems really well planned and smart. Keep up the strong work![/quote]

Thanks man I have spent alot of time on trying to make each of them as identical as possible so they literally can carry each other. It has really paid off I feel. Let’s me push each lift with out having to go as heavy as often before.

[quote]Joe Pears wrote:
Video gave me anxiety. Impressive as hell dude. What thoughts are going through your mind when you have that weight on your back and your whole body is shaking like you have parkinsons ? Intense I bet ?[/quote]

Honestly I am as calm as I ever am. I used to get super amped up, scream, yell, head butt the bar you name it I was that weird guy that people looked at. For some reason though I don’t know what but, I go much calmer the second I touch the bar, I can literally hear my heart and breathing and just focus. The second I unrack and I can feel my hips trying to wobble and shake even more as I break all that is going through my head is “break the bar”. I focus on nothing but pulling that bar across my back and shoving my head back into the bar. If I can control the bar and maintain position I don’t care how bad my legs and hips are shaking I know that I can come back. If I miss a lift it almost always happens on the way down and I’ll umo the bar over head before I get into the hole. If I can maintain back tightness, head posture and core bracing I know with out a doubt I can reverse out with the wraps.

[quote]Koestrizer wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Koestrizer wrote:

I’m 5’5" to 5’6" depending on what shoes I’m wearing lol.[/quote]

Do you have any tips on how to be that stable and upright? Of course I am quite a bit taller and have to lean forward to a degree but I have problems keeping tight coming out of the hole.
[/quote]

Every bit of it is ALL in the upper back and core bracing. I have focused harder on my training and actually using my core and learning to brace properly harder this passed 4 months than I have focused on even trying to get stronger. To be stable you have to brace perfectly you can’t just flex the core you have to learn to try and rip your belt apart. What I mean about that is that you always hear about pushing into your belt a cue that worked for me is I am literally trying to inhale as much air as I can into my stomach and then I literally try to break my belt lever. I want to literally do everything I can to physically try and break the belt by pushing out and into from every single angle possible. Take a similar approach with the upper back. You will see in the video even with 225 I look down and bring my chest down as it helps me feel my stomach and really push out as hard as physically possible then you will see me pushy head back into the bar then, I literally in every single sense of the world squeeze the bar with everything I have and then try to physically bend the bar across my back trying tk ake the ends touch skde posckets if I had them. This locksy lats in very hard and pulls my scapula down and slightly back putting me into a very strong and stable position. Then from here I push my hips though on the unrack. If when you unrack your Shoulder Griddle Rises up at all then you were near tight enough before tracking in the upper back. The unrack should be a complete hip and lower body movement.

As for staying upright I had to move my stance out in order to this and slow my decent down when the weight gets stupid heavy. Once again I’d rather sacrifice speed down than give up even a half inch of proper bracing and upper back position.

[quote]ape288 wrote:
Nice dude. 700 is big weight. The depth on the warm ups looks perfect to me, and then it becomes a bit ambiguous on the 700 with the front view. You should get someone else to film your big lifts with a side angle too. Either way, good shit.[/quote]

I agree fully and normally we try too but we normally only have 3 spotters but I guess once you hit 700 something says you need 5 spotters for safety lol so all the cameras we normally have rolling were busy making sure I don’t die. But, I agree with you and think the squat at best was “right there” I know I need to sink it another inch to not risk a missed lift due to depth. I was just caught off guard that Sam told me to load the bar to 700 and mentally was 50% I’m ready to kill this and 50% this is gonna kill me.

Awesome lift man thats huge! Now go compete somewhere they pass those high cheater squats and make it official haha

[quote]cparker wrote:
Awesome lift man thats huge! Now go compete somewhere they pass those high cheater squats and make it official haha[/quote]

Hahahahaha SPF meet in 28 days

Congrats! That’s a big lift, especially considering you’ve been cutting recently

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]ape288 wrote:
Nice dude. 700 is big weight. The depth on the warm ups looks perfect to me, and then it becomes a bit ambiguous on the 700 with the front view. You should get someone else to film your big lifts with a side angle too. Either way, good shit.[/quote]

I agree fully and normally we try too but we normally only have 3 spotters but I guess once you hit 700 something says you need 5 spotters for safety lol so all the cameras we normally have rolling were busy making sure I don’t die. But, I agree with you and think the squat at best was “right there” I know I need to sink it another inch to not risk a missed lift due to depth. I was just caught off guard that Sam told me to load the bar to 700 and mentally was 50% I’m ready to kill this and 50% this is gonna kill me. [/quote]

After a 1rm lift like that how do your legs feel, o they feel exhausted like they do after high rep squats? I have always wondered if once single reps get so heavy if they have the fatuige and pump of doing a set of 10 ?

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:
Awesome lift man thats huge! Now go compete somewhere they pass those high cheater squats and make it official haha[/quote]

Hahahahaha SPF meet in 28 days [/quote]

Grit House Classic meet?

Tell me about your cue “Break the bar”.

Excellent stuff read great to see you achieving your goals.