My First Encounter With. . .

So, I got to the gym today and was doing some light calf raises and bodyweight squats, just warming up for my squat routine while two guys finished up their squats… I was waiting patiently, I don’t want to rush anyone, I know i’d hate to be rushed…

Anyway, this older gent comes in, he was probably late 30’s or early 40’s… He goes up to the guys in the squat rack and says, “How many more sets ya’ll have left?” They say they’re finished… They add, “Would you like us to leave the 45lb plates on?”

Now, at this point i’m doing bent over calf raises with the whole stack (go me, heh, heh…yeah yeah) Anyway…

He says, “Oh no, i’m doing curls…” I laughed out loud and about dropped the stack… I couldn’t help it…

He looked at me funny and I just went on with my raises… So I left the room to do my weighted dips and various other things… I come back and he’s still going at those curls.

I look at the weights and he’s got 2 10’s on each side of the bar… Wow, 85lbs, eh? Go you. And not only that, but he’s not doing them right… He’s flexing his legs and shooting up like he’s doing a power clean as he curls the weight.

I had to leave, I didn’t want to laugh louder… I was amazed, in fact, i’m still amazed.

Way to use the only squat rack in the gym, buddy. Way to go.

You should’a given him an “atta boy”

I’m sure there are a few people out there who have never seen the infamous squat rack curl thread…

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=480680

I thought they were called “Frat curls.”