T Nation

My First Cycle

i am 6’3 270 max bench is 405 and max squat is 505 i am starting a cycle of decca and am wondering what i should expect. as far as strength and body composition, when should i start seeing gains what should my diet be like and do i need a estrogen blocker
here is my cycle
week

1. 100ml
  2. 200ml
    3.300ml
  3. 400ml
    5.400ml

my goal is to become lean and hard

wow those are big injection volumes…

For serious man do some reading on here, you need to do some more research.

well, I’ve researched a lot actually but i was curious to hear from people with experience.

that is actually a fairly common deca cycle.

but, i do need some information on getting an estrogen blocker or if i even need one.

I really appreciate all the suggestions and questions as possible.

Do some more research on this site. Just some comments to give you a kick start. Deca has a super long halflife… therefore with your planned cycle you would not start making gains for quite a few weeks. For weeks one and two have higher doses than the rest of your cycle for example if you want to run it at 400mg/wk then wk 1 would be @ 800mg, wk 2 @ 600mg, and then wk’s 3-8 @ 400mg/wk. These doses might seem very high but the halflife of the compound makes it become active in your body very slowly so the higher doses are needed to get the levels to where you want them quickly.

Secondly if you enjoy having a fully functional member you should consider adding some test or the like to keep it going. When you use these yes some anti-e’s will be needed.

That said I am by no means a gear-guru. Research some more on THIS site and then repost your planned cycle… the vets will be more willing to help you out if you have a decent cycle to start with. Good luck!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I gotta speak up…first time poster, long time lurker. Everytime someone comes on here asking for some info on gear, all they usually get in reply is, “Do some research”. I must say, I have been on here reading for some time on here, and still am very much in the dark. I have read the Newbie and Dummies threads, and countless others, and truthfully, everything is hard to comprehend and sort out. Everyone uses so many abbreviations and it is very confusing. I am no dummy, I have 2 degrees and am a teacher (maybe that alone makes me a dummy!!!), but I am still struggling to come to grips with everything starting from scratch.

I must say this particular poster received some good feedback, but at the very least, point him in the right direction…what other gear should he look at instead of decca for example.

We dummies need a little more assistance!

[quote]polo48 wrote:
i am 6’3 270 max bench is 405 and max squat is 505 i am starting a cycle of decca and am wondering what i should expect. as far as strength and body composition, when should i start seeing gains what should my diet be like and do i need a estrogen blocker
here is my cycle
week

1. 100ml
  2. 200ml
    3.300ml
  3. 400ml
    5.400ml

my goal is to become lean and hard[/quote]

I’m sure he ment mg, not ml. If mg, no that is not a large quantity.

Running Deca alone will not make you lean and hard, especially at those doses.

As far as doing more research, visit the other boards as well. Read Llwelyn and Rea. The most important advice is to read Collins, be sure you fully understand what you are getting into.

I think most people who tell newbies to do more research are not willing give advice to these people because they need to be more serious about the subject before they start a cycle.

I’m not going to give drug advice to someone who has no idea what drugs to run, doesn’t understand proper ancillary drug usage and has no idea how to inject themselves. Most newbies fall into this category.

Someone suggested reading Llewelyn and Rea. What might be a better suggestion is getting the book Chemical Muscle Enhancement (Rea) or Anabolics 2004 (Llewelyn).

People do get slammed on here for not doing research but that’s not a bad thing. If you read those books it would give you a much better understanding of what these drugs are going to do in your body. This is a very good thing. For example, if everyone here said “good plan, load your pin and crank the deca right to you” then you’d be some ugly when you couldn’t “rise to the occasion” after 2-3 weeks.

I lifted for 5 years prior to using and read on it for 2 years. There are sites that are specifically for training with gear (you just have to sift thru alot of shit to get to the info). It would behoove you to read those books and visit those sites.

PM me if you would like more specific information regarding websites/research.

FatSensei

i appreciate all your comment’s. deca just seemed like the way to go I work out at a gym with two pro’s that are in every muscle mag that you pick up. i dont want to use any names. they were the ones who actually recommended the all deca cycle as a starter cycle. It has been said that deca decreases fat increases strength. but apparently there is some opposition in that theory. But thats good i dont mind that that why i asked for help.

I am no rookie to lifting, but i am a rookie to gear so if anyone can help me out with specific info that would be helpful but if your just going to say he’s a rookie im not going to help him then dont reply because that’s not helpful
polo48

6’3 270, 405 bench? Uh, just keep doing what your doing bro. What to eat, well, to get lean and hard eat a diet high in protein and low in fat. That cyle of deca is tiny, I wouldn’t expect much except a limp noodle. Go with tren for hardness and strength gain.

Might you consider running NPP instead of decca? It’s the same steroid, but the shorter half life would make recovery easier. I also agree that you should run test with it.

are you suggesting that i get rid of my deca cycle all together or is it possible that i add something to make it better keep in mind i already spent $700 on the cycle

by ancillaries you mean a supporting case of other stuff? other than that i’m not clear on what you mean. please be specific.

for the $700 i got 20 boxes of 100mg totaling 2000mg.

please give me some specific advise on what else i need to improve my deca cycle for my goals of strength gain while leaning out.

OK I can stand no more…Polo, find the jerk off who you gave your money to and punch him in the face many times. Wait scratch that just slap your self and learn from your mistake.
Next time find a better source. Look for someone that is not going to screw you. For $700 I could get enough Deca, test and anti-estrogen’s to put together 3 very well planned out cycles.
Take what you have and find a safe place to store it. After these last few post you have proven that you have a lot left to learn before you even come close to being ready to turn to the dark side. Take what ever cash you have left and buy lots of lean beef to snack on while you read countless books and articles about steroid drug profilies and usages.
DA

Exactly what DA said.

OK I can stand no more…Polo, find the jerk off who you gave your money to and punch him in the face many times. Wait scratch that just slap your self and learn from your mistake.
Next time find a better source. Look for someone that is not going to screw you. For $700 I could get enough Deca, test and anti-estrogen’s to put together 3 very well planned out cycles.
Take what you have and find a safe place to store it. After these last few post you have proven that you have a lot left to learn before you even come close to being ready to turn to the dark side. Take what ever cash you have left and buy lots of lean beef to snack on while you read countless books and articles about steroid drug profilies and usages.
DA

This reply is so MONEY,lol.I feel so bad for this guy,he got hustled hard.Its especially bad because he looked up to the guy (in every mag we picked up anyway).

On top of what DA stated here’s what you should do.Wait until the guy is doing a set on the bench,grab a 45 lb weight,and just as he starts to push it up drop that 45 lber right on the kisser.I mean really let em have it!get your 700 bucks worth.Then tell em if he doesn’t give up the estrogen blockers and the test your going to be in front of his house when he comes out.

Whatever you do don’t start what they told ya to do.Follow DAs directions to the FULLEST,you’ll thank em later.Then do what I told ya do,and when ya get the rest of your shit back you can enjoy the benefits.After all that,you need to ragdoll that cat everytime you see em.You have no choice! He insulted your intelligence to bad there,and you let em.

damn polo!

I would strongly suggest reading Green Eggs in Ham by Dr. Seuss.

“you shouldn’t do steroids in bed
in the glutes or in the head
you shouldn’t do steroids standing
lying, or flying.
not short or tall
you shouldn’t do steroids at all.”

you got schooled!