T Nation

My First Cycle, Please Help


#1

I am currently rehabbing my shoulder from an injury. On January 13th I took a really nasty fall at work in the parking lot due to the ice. Well I had to go through workers comp and they sent me to a doctor. Eventually after a cortisone shot and a prescription for mobic he sent me to get an MRI and to physical therapy. I feared that I had torn my rotator cuff. So I went online and purchased a shoulder horn to aid my rehab.

Well after the MRI he reccomended for me to go to an orthopedic doctor. I saw the orthopedic doctor and he encouraged me to do physical therapy and to continue to work out but but not to the point of overkill. He informed me that my labrum had a tear in it but did not specify the severity of it. All I can say is that its very sore. If I press forward to full extension its sore there and at full extension with my arm pressed and fully extended above my head. I was discussing my frustrations with my coworker over the weekend who is a former body builder.

He suggested trying a cycle of DECA stacked with testosterone. I did a lot of research and saw came to the conclusion that a cycle of Decca could really help my recovery. I called my best friend who knows someone reliable that can provide me with gear. I am going through physical therapy now and just worked out light tonight after work. I'm sore but work out went over a lot better than expected. What I want to do is a 10 week of Decca at either 200 mg or 250 mg. I am just not sure how much test I should stack it with.

My guess was maybe 400 mg? I am going to be a first time user so I need as much knowledge and help as possible here. I have over 10 years invested into weight lifting. Being sideline d is killing me inside. I just want to recover asap and fully. Please help me veterans.


#2

What are your stats?

Read the stickies on these forums for a better understanding of how to properly cycle. Also I recommend you google deca dick and read up on it, you should know what you could be getting into.

You are also going to need to read up on AIs and PCT.

Personally… I don’t think I would take anabolics to recover from an injury. I’m not an MMA fighter or someone who is on a timeline to recover, as shitty as being sidelined sounds. That’s just my 2 cents though.


#3

Deca is a terrible idea for a first steroid cycle, first of all. Nobody should run it without prior exposure to steroids.

It’s not likely to speed up your injury recovery either. Can you provide links that would indicate that a steroid cycle would help you recover from this particular injury faster? You said you did a lot of research. I’d like to see evidence of that.

Just take your time and rehab properly the old-fashioned way. I’ve had a shoulder labrum tear before. 6 weeks of rehab and I was good to go.


#4

[quote]onorato77 wrote:
I am currently rehabbing my shoulder from an injury. On January 13th I took a really nasty fall at work in the parking lot due to the ice. Well I had to go through workers comp and they sent me to a doctor. Eventually after a cortisone shot and a prescription for mobic he sent me to get an MRI and to physical therapy. I feared that I had torn my rotator cuff. So I went online and purchased a shoulder horn to aid my rehab.

Well after the MRI he reccomended for me to go to an orthopedic doctor. I saw the orthopedic doctor and he encouraged me to do physical therapy and to continue to work out but but not to the point of overkill. He informed me that my labrum had a tear in it but did not specify the severity of it. All I can say is that its very sore. If I press forward to full extension its sore there and at full extension with my arm pressed and fully extended above my head. I was discussing my frustrations with my coworker over the weekend who is a former body builder.

He suggested trying a cycle of DECA stacked with testosterone. I did a lot of research and saw came to the conclusion that a cycle of Decca could really help my recovery. I called my best friend who knows someone reliable that can provide me with gear. I am going through physical therapy now and just worked out light tonight after work. I’m sore but work out went over a lot better than expected. What I want to do is a 10 week of Decca at either 200 mg or 250 mg. I am just not sure how much test I should stack it with.

My guess was maybe 400 mg? I am going to be a first time user so I need as much knowledge and help as possible here. I have over 10 years invested into weight lifting. Being sideline d is killing me inside. I just want to recover asap and fully. Please help me veterans.[/quote]

what does your PT say about the whole thing? i’d push the doc to figure out the extent of the tear before you do anything else, too…

FWIW, i’m recovering from several surgeries myself, and have been doing a lot of research on AAS that will help with joint recovery…

there is a lot of misinformation and false data floating around the web, so as far as i can tell, the only things that have real, clinical data are Deca, Anavar and hGH.

with that being said, testosterone can help overall recovery, and i think when you’re talking just helping with an aggressive rehab, you could get away with 300 mg/wk, along with 100-200 mg/wk of deca.

however, you need to be prepared to address prolactin, as deca can raise this. fortunately, some of the drugs that lower prolactin (dopamine agonist) also raise hGH (specifically, Prami).

now, ordinarily i’m a dick when it comes to running an AI, but getting estrogen too low can cause joint pain, so care should be used there.

one issue that exists with folks who use Deca for joints, is that when some of them come off, their joints hurt worse. apparently, this is due to the fact that progesterone is an anti-inflammatory on cartilage. (conversely, i’ve read that stanzozol blocks the progesterone effect on joints, hence the issue that develops there…).

hGH is obviously expensive as shit, but there seems to be a lot of interesting things coming out about MK-677 (an oral “research chem”). not to mention, one could like into the GHRP, or even site injecting IGF-1 or TB-500…


#5

I agree with the above. GH or increased GH achieved with a GHRP might help, TB-500 might help; optionally combining with BPC-157 might help further. Deca might help you feel better at the injured area but I doubt it would speed labrum healing.

TB-500 can help with injuries when injected systemically; use doesn’t have to be local. (Not that it might not be even better locally.)


#6

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

TB-500 can help with injuries when injected systemically; use doesn’t have to be local. (Not that it might not be even better locally.)[/quote]

I thought about mentioning TB500. I’ve used it with some level of success.

What you said here is interesting to me, as I’ve heard it before, but never with any kind of explanation. Why would it be better to inject locally, and why only maybe? Is it just that the research isn’t clear on local injection? Or maybe that different types of injuries are more responsive to local injection?


#7

Test and deca at a ratio 2:1. Use one high anabolic oral steroid for joint recovery, like anavar. GH is good for small injury from my experience. I’ve used gh for knee rehab.


#8

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

TB-500 can help with injuries when injected systemically; use doesn’t have to be local. (Not that it might not be even better locally.)[/quote]

I thought about mentioning TB500. I’ve used it with some level of success.

What you said here is interesting to me, as I’ve heard it before, but never with any kind of explanation. Why would it be better to inject locally, and why only maybe? Is it just that the research isn’t clear on local injection? Or maybe that different types of injuries are more responsive to local injection?
[/quote]
If a situation is such that the injected substance will remain at a site long enough to have good effect, and if the dosing amount gives a suitable concentration at the injection site, then a local injection may work well or even better than a systemic injection, and certainly would target effect more.

On whether with TB500 and particular injuries such as labrum tear that would make injury-site injection better than systemic, I just don’t have the information nor would I know the dosing. I also wouldn’t know how to do the injection to genuinely get the labrum directly receiving the injection.

“Generally” injecting the broad area, such as injecting in the delt because it’s a shoulder injury, won’t make a difference at all.

Injecting in an area of much blood flow would also not make a difference I think, because the peptide would be carried away extremely rapidly. There would be only a very, very brief time of local level being higher than systemic.

Basically, I didn’t want to rule out that there could be merit to a local injection done in some specialized way. But I don’t know how to do it.


#9

I had a serious injury a while back…do not take deca until you have rehabbed fully, as all you may end up doing is masking the issue, which may allow you to train, but will also increase the chance reinjury. Straight HGH seemed to help speed recovery. GHRP to a lesser extent but it helps. Rehab…build strength and endurance back into the injured area. Being on the shelf sucks, but you need to think of longevity.


#10

Did my last post not work?


#11

[quote]onorato77 wrote:
Did my last post not work?[/quote]

it appears that this is your second post, so i guess not…

any updates?


#12

I’ve been running tb500 and bpc 157 for around two weeks now, and I am extremely satisfied so far. Definitely worth looking into