My First Contest

A new log for me and this seems like the right place to put. About me:

Weight: 186
Years Training: 3 (just short actually, only the most recent 2 with weights)
Profession: Attorney / Business Owner
Goal: Enter either bodybuilding or physique contest in 11/2015
and add 12-18 pounds of lean mass. I turn 50 in December
so this is also a big F/U to old age

Yesterday I committed to doing a November 2015 contest in Las Vegas. Today is Day 1 of my “prep”. I hired Matt Burzacott of MountainDogdiet.com for a 12 week Lean Bulk diet. I am interviewing local coaches/trainers to assist in program design, motivation, and form / technique for bodybuilding.

I’m posting the current photos now. Kind of humbling to actually see yourself I have to admit.

Any thoughts, advice, comments, etc. more than welcome.

Current back shot

Current front shot

Current left side shot. No idea why these are sideways!

Current right side shot. At least my neck is getting stretched out

In. Best of luck on your prep. Will be following.

What a great goal to celebrate your 50th!

Day 1 of my first official nutrition plan. It looks pretty simply at this point, geared towards lean gains at this point. Still trying to flatten my workouts though. Good thing it is an rest day.

49 and doing a contest - Awesome! Will follow.

Hired my coaches, reviewed my training schedule and getting started today! I am on a 5 day split, Chest

[quote]Rich_Schulze wrote:
A new log for me and this seems like the right place to put. About me:

Weight: 186
Years Training: 3 (just short actually, only the most recent 2 with weights)
Profession: Attorney / Business Owner
Goal: Enter either bodybuilding or physique contest in 11/2015
and add 12-18 pounds of lean mass. I turn 50 in December
so this is also a big F/U to old age

Yesterday I committed to doing a November 2015 contest in Las Vegas. Today is Day 1 of my “prep”. I hired Matt Burzacott of MountainDogdiet.com for a 12 week Lean Bulk diet. I am interviewing local coaches/trainers to assist in program design, motivation, and form / technique for bodybuilding.

I’m posting the current photos now. Kind of humbling to actually see yourself I have to admit.

Any thoughts, advice, comments, etc. more than welcome.[/quote]

If you don’t mind me asking. What does Matt charge for the 12 week plan?

I am doing the Lean Gain program. It is $900. The result is a very easy to understand, well written meal and menu guide. It has only been a week but it is easy enough for me to stick to. Also, Matt has been very responsive to my questions on substitutions and other non-sensical questions.

[quote]Rich_Schulze wrote:
I am doing the Lean Gain program. It is $900. The result is a very easy to understand, well written meal and menu guide. It has only been a week but it is easy enough for me to stick to. Also, Matt has been very responsive to my questions on substitutions and other non-sensical questions.[/quote]

Ok thanks. I wasn’t sure if the pricing listed was the same for all of meadow’s team, I thought that was mainly for his personal training services.

John put me in contact with Matt as well. Another question if you don’t mind. How carb restricted are you? I can’t go to low on carbs, I lose a lot of muscle. How receptive is he toward input? Do you send weekly pics? Stats?

[quote]jais wrote:
John put me in contact with Matt as well. Another question if you don’t mind. How carb restricted are you? I can’t go to low on carbs, I lose a lot of muscle. How receptive is he toward input? Do you send weekly pics? Stats?[/quote]

I am not carb restricted much, if at all. My ratios on training days are 38/36/26 or so (a point or two off) with fewer carbs on off days. Very flexible and able to work within my needs and likes and answer questions (very quickly). I report in once per week with photos every 2 weeks.

First Workout on the new plan:

Warm Up: Leg Extension 50 x 20, 20, 20
Leg Curls 45 x 12, 10, 10

Close Stance Leg Press: 270 x 15; 360 x 15; 410 x 12; 410 x 15 (had some left in the tank on that set)
Squats: 255 x 5; 255 x 4 (5th was high); 225 x 8 (stop and go to box 2 inches below parallel)
Step Ups: 70 x 8, 8, 8 (per leg) (supersetted with SDL)
Single Leg Deadlift: 70 x 8, 8, 8 (per leg)
Standing Calf Raises: 150 x 12, 12, 12, 10 (strict and slow with squeeze at the top)
Hanging Leg Raises: 10, 10, 10 (cramps)

First time I have done any leg work before squating. Warmed up very quickly but made it challenging to hold position and ran out of juice quickly. Also, using 2 scoops of Plazma intra-workout. I have only used single scoops before, interested to see if there is a dramatic difference.

First workout with my coach/trainer. It was Push/Pull (Chest and Back). I definitely need to work on “feeling” the muscle and holding tension throughout the set. Overall pretty good session and I feel that I learned alot.

End of first week on the Mountain Dog lean gain meal plan. Energy is great, recovery is great, not much else has changed. Weight is the same, skinfold measurement is the same. Interested to see what Matt has to say.

Considering adding IG3 to the meal plan.

Added Indigo-3G to my stack. Man, what a pump! It felt great and it seemed like a recovered even more quickly. I will keep a log of my use of Indigo-3G and its impact.

Unf*