My First Comp, Some Additional DLs

Stats: 6’5", 201 lbs - 20 years old

I had my first competition at the CPF National Raw Amateur Championships (drug tested) a few weeks ago. I competed in the 100kg (220 lbs) weight class even though I weighed in at a measly 92.2kg (202 lbs). I broke the national (Canadian) squat, deadlift, and total records for my age and weight category. Pretty excited about it, though the record squat was super low to begin with… I guess there aren’t really many 20-23 year olds competing in the 220s. Any how, my best lifts are in the video, and more info is in the video description.

This next video was taken just a couple of days ago, I hit 4x4x415, 2x470, 2x520, and 8x415 but only got the 520 double on film. Notice how my competition best DL was 237.5kg (524 lbs) yet I pulled 520 for an easy double a few weeks later lol

sweet

GOOD JOB! You got some bench arch on ya as well.

Where abouts in Canada are you?

[quote]nietzsche420 wrote:
Stats: 6’5", 201 lbs - 20 years old

I had my first competition at the CPF National Raw Amateur Championships (drug tested) a few weeks ago. I competed in the 100kg (220 lbs) weight class even though I weighed in at a measly 92.2kg (202 lbs). I broke the national (Canadian) squat, deadlift, and total records for my age and weight category. Pretty excited about it, though the record squat was super low to begin with… I guess there aren’t really many 20-23 year olds competing in the 220s. Any how, my best lifts are in the video, and more info is in the video description.

This next video was taken just a couple of days ago, I hit 4x4x415, 2x470, 2x520, and 8x415 but only got the 520 double on film. Notice how my competition best DL was 237.5kg (524 lbs) yet I pulled 520 for an easy double a few weeks later lol

Nice job on the meet. Where was it held this year?

If you like lifting raw, there is ton’s of it now in the CPU. There’s a meet tomorrow in Mississauga that you can check out. I assume you live near since I recognize the McMaster logo.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

If you like lifting raw, there is ton’s of it now in the CPU.
[/quote]

Seconded. Come to the CPU and help raw lifting grow :smiley:

[quote]DaveForner wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

If you like lifting raw, there is ton’s of it now in the CPU.
[/quote]

Seconded. Come to the CPU and help raw lifting grow :D[/quote]

Says the guy in a suit and wraps :slight_smile:

It doesn’t need any help growing. It’s taken off like a shot. The Ottawa Open has over 50 lifters and it’s almost all classic with very little equipped. I think it’s also helped grow our membership.

hehe, I did my last meet raw, and the next meet will be raw as well! Will likely do both at Nationals if they combine it again.

That’s quite a few lifters…Good to see that.