My First BB Competition Prep

Definitely need to prioritise lats. I would consider moving deadlifts to leg day.

Good luck.

i dont know the difference between BBing and figure to be honest. Obviously when we look at the Olympia, the only thing I see distinguishing between the two is that the figure girls actually look like hot females. But I don’t know what the deal would be between natty figure and BBing.

Figure is less muscular and more symmetry based. Less body fat than bikini and sleeker lines. I stay start figure as you could compete there first. As for BB, yes you are more built for it.

As everyone has said, hammer that width, for both BB’ing and figure you will get penalized.

I think leaned down you would look pretty good, esp for a first show. Sorry if I missed it, but are you dieting or anything?

Austin, it’s that reason (difference between natty and Olympia) why I’m getting the “Don’t do BB” comments.
But I have natty Pro BBers telling me that I can most certainly do this, and that means more to me than negative comments.
I’m sure images of Iris Kyle are running through people’s minds, maybe because natural BBers don’t get as much exposure? I don’t know.

Thenaturalmusclenetwork.com is a good site to see natural competitors.

Thanks bug, and yes, this has basically been a little over a year contest prep.
Meanwhile it’s fun, this is the smallest I’ve ever been, and still got a ways to go.

back and delts (rear, specifically) for sure. quads look really good. you deserve a better rating than 4 considering most of the guys that post in RMP are smaller than you.

things you should try for back:
kroc rows
rack chins
HS high row

you could also try hitting width and thickness separately.

what are you doing for delts?

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
Austin, it’s that reason (difference between natty and Olympia) why I’m getting the “Don’t do BB” comments.
But I have natty Pro BBers telling me that I can most certainly do this, and that means more to me than negative comments.
I’m sure images of Iris Kyle are running through people’s minds, maybe because natural BBers don’t get as much exposure? I don’t know.

Thenaturalmusclenetwork.com is a good site to see natural competitors.

Thanks bug, and yes, this has basically been a little over a year contest prep.
Meanwhile it’s fun, this is the smallest I’ve ever been, and still got a ways to go.[/quote]

Yeah those ladies are hot except for the girl on the homepage right in the middle next to the dude. WTF is wrong with her face.

[quote]actionboy wrote:
back and delts (rear, specifically) for sure. quads look really good. you deserve a better rating than 4 considering most of the guys that post in RMP are smaller than you.

things you should try for back:
kroc rows
rack chins
HS high row

you could also try hitting width and thickness separately.

what are you doing for delts?[/quote]

I have been hitting the rear delts more, I noticed that as well. I just started training them 3 times a week as well.

Haha the guy who wants to be 130 lbs has a better rating than me. Oh well.

I’m following HS-100 right now, where the back gets a width and thickness day. I only did the width day so far though, I’m training back thickness tomorrow.

For delts, I do hang clean and presses, an overhead movement (with bar or DBs, gonna start using DBs more for my shoulder symmetry imbalance), side lateral raises, facepulls, rear delt flys, cable X-crossover. I’m going to lay off the front delt a little, just sort of have it maintained with the chest work. But my front delts are more developed than the back, so have to fix that.

6 day update:

Last Thursday, I weighed 141 at 17.3% BF
Today, I weigh 141 at 16.6% BF

Pics just for the heck of it.
Yes, I know posing sucks. I haven’t started working on that yet.

Rear double bi

Side Chest

Side Tricep

Rear Lat Spread… well, attempted ;D

You look better in these pics and nice glasses :slight_smile:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
6 day update:

[/quote]

Holy legs batman! errrr, catwoman?

damn those calves Nikki!

and cute bikini.

I have no idea what to say in terms of advice so I’ll let others do the talking.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
6 day update:

[/quote]

Best pics so far. I wasn’t sold on the first pics, but these ones look a lot better to me.

Obviously, I’m not going to repeat what everyone else is saying, I like your exercise selections though, and it seems like you know what you are doing - so good luck!

I’ll be watching this thread. Don’t let the 4 get you down, just keep at it. :slight_smile:

I like the side chest/tricep pose…your delts look veddy niiiice…

Solid.
Your extremities are definitely your strong suit.
Front delts and pecs ain’t bad. Rear delts need more attention.
But hit them lats hard and often.

Maybe those DC stretches and/or hangouts can help you in that regard.

My lats pretty much suck (a combination of over-developed elbow flexors and being under the assumption that bb rows would work the lats enough).
Here’s what’s been helping me to get them wider and thicker (can’t do vertical pulls, atm):

• V-grip T-bar rows to the sternum, bent over pretty far
  • neutral grip ISO rows
  • straigh-arm pull-downs and

=> all of the above performed with a forceful ISO contraction at the concentric end point
=> pronouncing the eccentric never seemed to help me with pulling movements, I’m more in favor of lowering the weight as fast and safely as possible and making a ‘snappy’ turnaround from eccentric to concentric

Glasses and attitude are a plus.

Don’t hate on that 4 rating: remember that most BBs are closet homos.

calves-great
hammies-there, but they don’t stand out
quads-great
glutes-good
chest-needs some work
shoulders-there, but need work
back-WORK IT!!
arms-good

My PERSONAL suggestions to bring up weak points, based on what has worked/is working for me:

Hammies; if you don’t already, try giving them their own day, completely separate from quads. If you really wanna work another muscle group ont he same day as them, make it something like arms, shoulder, chest, etc…something that won’t interfere with the hammies’ work capacity or intensity. Hit them with a good combination of isolation work and compounds, something like:

Good Mornings: 2-3 working sets of 4-8 reps, go pretty heavy on these, but make sure you’re feeling them mainly in the hammies, and not the lower back. Use a wide stance.
Hamstring Curls: 2-3 working sets, 15-25 reps each set. Keep the reps nice and controlled, really pump a shit-ton of blood into those babies.
Romanian Deficit Deadlifts: Do these standing on a box or something like that, so you can get a greater stretch. Stick to 4-6 reps, moderate weight, PERFECT form on these. You don’t even need to take the sets to failure, just focus on getting a good pump, and a great stretch.
Leg Press: Use a stance with your feet high and wide on the platform, and really focus on pushing your knees outwards and apart on each rep. Do these as a finisher, once hammies are already burnt out.

Chest: For me, simply focusing on moderate/high reps on incline BB and DB bench, along with adding a few sets of fly variations, has done a lot to bring my chest up to par. Nothing fancy here.

Shoulders: Lots of lateral raises and all their variations, higher volume and higher reps seems to work well for these. If you wanna do pressing exercises for these, try using them at the end of your workouts, to enhance focus on the shoulders, not your already-dominant arms.

Back: Most near and dear to my heart…split it up into thickness and width. Thickness-bb rows, db rows, heavy pendlay rows, tbar rows. Width: Rack chins, wide grip pullups, neutral grip lat pulldowns, strict pendlay rows. Do them. Get stronger at them. Bust your ass at them. You’ll see the benefits quickly.

Take it or leave it, that’s my advice for ya. Best of luck!