T Nation

My Experimental EDT Based Self Beatup Log.

So Today I’ve decided to take EDT principles, apply them to a total body workout, alternate from an ABA schedule and preform everything to failure, you know, just to do it. I’ll be supplying before and after pictures.

I’ll run this for exactly 4 weeks. The principle is this, Every other day for 4 weeks I will preform 1 hour workout at the gym consisting of 3 15 minute PR zones with 5 minutes rest in between. The idea is to train to absolute failure. So I will be preforming every exercise to failure and count up total reps at the end of my PR zone keeping tally. It looks like this:

A day:
PR zone 1: 15 minutes
A1, Back squat
A2, Chin up
Rest 5 minutes
PR zone 2: 15 minutes upper oriented.
A1, Pushup
A2, Pronated grip pullup.
rest 5 minutes
PR zone 3: 15 minute Lower body oriented
A1, Hack squat
A2, Romanian Deadlift

I haven’t fully decided B day yet, I will updated later tonight.

The idea is to induce one hell of a workout that is fun, and scary at the same time. No real goals in mind. Would like to keep fat % down if anything. Not looking for any gains. Will report back later as I’m going to the gym now.

Results on the first workout.
Best I’ve ever done. Had the most fun, and beat the shit out of myself. heres stats.

A day:
PR zone 1: 15 minutes
A1, Back squat 9x5 @145lbs (6325lbs)
A2, Chin up 9x5 135lbs, (6075)
Rest 5 minutes
PR zone 2: 15 minutes upper oriented.
A1, Pushup 7x10 and 1x6 @135lbs (10260lbs)
A2, Pronated grip pullup. 2x5, 5x4, 1x3, 135lbs (4155lbs)

rest 5 minutes
PR zone 3: 15 minute Lower body oriented
A1, front squat 4x5, 1x4, 1x3, 135lbs (3645)
A2, Romanian Deadlift 6x5 @ 115lbs (4025)

Commulative weight lifted: 34685lbs.

Also, I believe I will add an ending 10 minute PR zone for alternating abdominals/obliques.

so did you make it past the first day? lol

That’s what I was thinking. 3 PR zones with heavy lifts could be a real bitch. If you can handle it go to town!!