My Experience Using the Pulse Feast

I am starting the pulse feast tomorrow morning that will last a month, and figured I should share my experience with you guys. I will also be using the Anaconda protocol. I am probably not the most qualified person to be posting about it but, I was fortunate enough to have some extra funds left over after all my bills were paid this month and I have not seen a detailed thread about it yet. I will be posting daily. Included in the posts will be my diet for the day, my training, and a picture of my feast (for no other reason than because it seems like a good idea.) If anyone else wants me to include other info, please ask and I’ll do my best to accommodate.

I attached a picture of me from last week at the gym.

A little info about me:
I just finished military college, and now that I have better control over my training, I am going after a more athletic look. After running for 4 years, and having a fast metabolism, I was not the even close to being the biggest kid around. I started at 145lbs. 3 months ago and am 165lbs. in the picture. I am switching from 6 meals a day totaling between 3000 and 3500 calories to between 2800 and 3200 calories. I am doing this because a part of the pulse feast live spill mentioned that a person does not need to ingest as many calories as usual due to the fact that the body will be more efficient at using the ones you do take in.

I’m not the strongest by far but it’s not my goal to be. Here are my lifts:

Bench-205lbs
Squat-220lbs
Deadlift-260lbs
Military press-130lbs

My training will be a 3 day split rotating. The program I am on now seems to be working so that’s what I’ll use. More detail will follow in tomorrows post. I guess that’s all for now. I hope some one finds this thread useful as I will do my best to provide accurate information without any fluff. And if you feel the need to bash me about not being strong enough or big enough, well…shit happens.

Till tomorrow…

Looking forward to watching your progress. Subbed.

Yesterday was day 1. The pulses were surprisingly hard to get down. It was my off day so I had 3 of them. The feast however, was extremely easy to eat. Chicken and chick peas with a casein protein shake mixed with 2 cups of chocolate milk. I also had multi-vitamins and fish oil with my meal. The whole thing came to about 1,500 calories.

I was starving all day and ended up with a migraine around 2pm. I’m bringing excedrin with me to work just in case it happens again.

I’m looking forward to my workout today. It will be interesting to see if there is a change in intensity and energy. Thanks to everyone who is following this thread! It’s nice to know people will get something out of this.

Had a very late day day at work. I didn’t get home until 8pm. This cut into my timing as I was hoping to be at the gym by 6 so I could eat at 7. Instead I hit the gym at 8:30 and just got home. The pulses weren’t as bad today as yesterday although I did get a headache around 9am. The ANACONDA Protocol is a lot to digest. I should have taken the advice of some past users and started slowly. After 3 FINiBARs and 750ml of drink, I puked 20 minutes into the workout. I only drank half of the protocol today. I’m going to work my way into the rest. No feast tonight. I’m drinking a protein shake and getting to sleep.

My workout today wasn’t what I expected. I felt weak and unmotivated. I’m almost embarrassed to put these numbers up but for the sake of the thread I will.
Bench- 8x145, 4x155, 3x155
DB bench- 20x25, 20x13
3a. Seated overhand cable row-42.5x15 all 4 sets
3b. Cable tricep pushdown straight bar 27.5x15 all 4 sets
4a. DB shrugs w/ 2 second holds-35x15 all 3 sets
4b. DB lateral raise 5x15 all 3 sets

I’m hoping my tremendous drop in strength is related to my body not being used to this extreme diet. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can hold down all this liquid, please chime in.

Still having some trouble getting the pulses down. I am going to use less water for both the Anaconda protocol and pulses tomorrow to see if it makes it easier to drink. I have to admit, I feel a lot less lethargic during the day and feel slightly more energized. The only minor fallback is the constant state of hunger but I’m sure that will go away with time. It’s getting hard to keep my mind off of solid food. Had another headache this morning which as quickly resolved with Excedrin. All this week I am eating the chicken and chick peas meal I posted a picture of for the feast along with the protein shake. Got it down easy…I was starving. Tomorrow is leg day. Can’t wait…

Been a couple days since I posted. I tore a ligament in my wrist at the gym this morning and, according to the doctor, need to stop training. This means my pulse feast experiment was cut tragically short. For all those looking forward to seeing the results, maybe some other time.