8 oz. chicken breast
1 cup broccoli
1 tbs. olive oil
3 fish oil caps

Meal #4
1 scoop protein
1 tbs. olive oil

Meal #5
2 turkey burgers (Each is 4 oz., 19g protein, 9g fat)
1 cup broccoli
3 fish oil caps

Post-workout:
2 scoops whey
15g BCAAs
5g creatine

Soon I will be replacing the olive oil with macadamia nut oil in some meals for variety.

The protein will come from Grow! Whey and Metabolic Drive. The fish oil is not Flameout, but another concentrated fish oil capsule. (I will switch to Flameout when this brand runs out since I want to support this site. Ditto with the BCAA’s which are generic.)

I will also be using 5-htp and ZMA before bed, and Power Drive when I feel I need it. I will also add Superfood once it becomes available.

Anyway I’m off to the gym, and will be back later to post my workouts. [/quote]

Diet looks fairly sound, but if you really want to go high intensity during your workouts you may want to do more of a targeted ketogenic diet by allowing yourself some pre and post-workout carbs.

My suggestion would be to try some Glucose tablets immediately before and after your workout. Two tablets contain only 8g of CHO and makes a huge difference for me when it comes to training intensity.

Hey keilnirby, good luck bro. I’m also on a ketogenic diet right now, so I’ll probably periodically check back here.

You said people might tell you that you should bulk instead of be on a ketogenic diet…but hey man…I definitely think it’s the best to completely cut down first, which is why I’m taking the same approach. As a FFB, I’m never going into true muscle gaining phase again until I’m at a low enough body fat percentage to allow for some “wiggle room” for some fat gain.

g

g

g

[quote]keilnirby wrote:
Oh I forgot to talk about one other thing. Last night was the first time I took 5-htp, which is supposed to help with sleep, carb cravings, and even mild depression. I took one 50 milligram capsule along with ZMA. I can’t say I really noticed anything, even though I was consciously trying to. I wasn’t expecting any strong reaction or anything like that…actually I don’t really know what I was expecting.

In any case since its pretty safe I will continue to take 50 mg this week and maybe bump it up to 100 mg next week, and try that out.

[/quote]

If you ever actually have to take a prescription for something like depression or anything else for that nature it usually takes 3-4 weeks to kick in. So, don’t really expect to notice anything for a while especially on an OTC supplement.

g

g

g

g

Good luck bro! I was sort of in between land, not much muscle mass but also around 18 percent BF%. I was dieting down but then just decided to bulk all out.

I am now in the dorms and have the unlimited meal plan, so its chicken, turkey, pasta ALLLLLLL DAY.

Good luck with your efforts!

g

g

g

g