My Experience On the Anabolic Diet

Hey guys quick question on PWO -Im using the pasteurized version of whipping cream- is that ok? I might be dropping whippig cream altogether, as Im lactose intolerant! Im not using cheese on the AD either.

Evil1 - whats this Bio Signature you mentioned?? Being of Indian origin, I am fairly convinced that I also have a low carb tolerance!

~M~

As it is higher in fat is chicken thigh fillet preferred over chicken breast?

Thanks.

[quote]Nat7774 wrote:
As it is higher in fat is chicken thigh fillet preferred over chicken breast?

Thanks.[/quote]

If you like it better, yes. If you like chicken breast better, maybe cook it in olive oil or find some other way to add some fat the meal.

Regarding people starting a new thread, I’d say the only issue is that several people have this thread bookmarked, not the new one. Maybe a new thread would be feasible if this is stickied, as someone mentioned.

new thread all ready in the works! Btw p-nutty or any other natty butter for this reason, tastes great spread over chicken breast. OH! And then you can spinkle whatever type of nut-meal over that too to give it some crunch!

BUMP

(Sigh, once again.)

To those of you inspired enough to read through all 385* pages, congratulations. I hope it’s been informative enough to be worth the read. Depending on your perspective (fortunately/unfortunately), you’re not done yet.

The new AD thread can be found here:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/my_experience_on_the_anabolic_diet_part_ii

Since I am not an administrator, I cannot close this thread, so please do not post after this in order to keep the link fresh as the last thing readers see.

Well lucky for us you can’t close it then. I don’t want to let this thread fall off until it is stickied. It does suck waiting so long for this thread to load though.

Fist pump

Close the AD thread?

What? Are you joking?

Ha! Never!!

quick question, in the AD it says that ginseng has adverse effects on test… what does that mean?? i bought this ginseng/tea with 0 carbs and now i dont feel like drining it :confused:

Can anyone recommend any worthwhile low carb cookbooks?

I know this may sound but azz crazy but I just have to ask. ok here goes!!

I’ve just completed my 1st. week on the AD, I’ve had a few carb slips along the way but I did my best to stay on course. you can take a look at my food log.
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicJou … er=Gavin46
( I can use all the advice I can get!!)

My maintenance level is 4k, as you can see from my meals, the highest I’ve been able to get to was / is about 3500 per day and that was tough as hell! Here is the part that I don’t understand, when I get that high off of meat and vegies, I feel full (not stuffed) for about 20 minutes then bam, that full feeling is gone! I also notice my veins start showing more in my arms and upper chest, I feel strong and very tight in the mid section and I’m ready to eat again!! and this is less then 3 hrs. Is this normal?? :expressionless: As you can see in my Journal, It’s difficult to keep my carbs at or below 30g’s per day, so I’m worried if I’m burning fat or not :frowning:

I picked up the AD book for powerlifting, and it suggests 12 days before doing the carb load, but…since I’ve made so many slips / mistakes, how much long should I extend my plan before carbing up? and please note, till this day, I’ve only felt that “couch potato” feeling once, when I ate to much br. rice (1 cup to be exact!) other then that, no difference in feeling. :mrgreen:

advice please.

why were you eating brown rice at all? Read at least DHs posts on the first 20 pages bro

[quote]bkmacky9288 wrote:
why were you eating brown rice at all? Read at least DHs posts on the first 20 pages bro[/quote]

I just did and I feel like a real azz. DH says its easy to keep track of your carbs but for me, its the hardest thing to do. I’ve eatin so much meat and fat the veins in my head are starting to really hurt. feels like there are about to bust! Dam, I wish I was back in the US. Here in Japan, its hard to get help when you have problems. no one here even knows about this diet!

Dude, keeping track of carbs is really not that difficult.

Two questions:

Did it have parents?
Is it green and leafy?

If you can yes to either one of those questions, you can eat it.

If you can’t answer yes…then the answer is no. k’peesh?

That’s an oversimplified version, obviously…but you get the point, no?

And if you have to ask if it’s time to carb-up…
~then NO, it’s not time to carb-up.

Or…just completely cut out all grains (in all their forms) -all dairy (it all its forms) -and only eat lean meats, fresh veggies and fresh fruits -nothing more -nothing less.

It’s not the AD -but it works very well for shedding fat, building muscle and fortifying your health.

truth

[quote]Pauli D wrote:
Or…just completely cut out all grains (in all their forms) -all dairy (it all its forms) -and only eat lean meats, fresh veggies and fresh fruits -nothing more -nothing less.

It’s not the AD -but it works very well for shedding fat, building muscle and fortifying your health.

truth[/quote]

Now that is something I can do. I’m not giving up on the diet yet!! for then next 3 days, I’m gonna stop and step back a minute and regroup. As for lean meats, the cost way too much, example a good lean steak (Japanese size) is about $30.00! mind you, that’s 1 steak, by american standards, their size steak is a snack for us! I usually buy the cuts with lots of fats, the ones everyone frowns at! much cheaper. but for the next 3 days I’ll follow what you suggested Meat, veggies,fruit and water.

Thanks

damn this diet sounds good but as im on a student budget and have no colon id best avoid it. i will be pointing some friends towards it though, lucky SOBs that they are.

BUMP-

Going AD

Lift Big, Live Large and IN CHARGE

I would also look forward to search on it.