My Experience On the Anabolic Diet Part II

By the way, I wanted to ask everyone who knows anything about Get Shredded to recommend what pwo should be.

Whey+creatine in water?
whey+evoo+creatine in water?
BCAAs+creatine in water?

Berardi mentions having BCAAs and creatine pwo but I don’t know if the whey isolate was implied or not. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Today I used whey+creatine in water, thinking I maybe should have added oil, but am not really sweating it since I’d rather save my oil for when I’m starving at night.

[quote]nz6stringaxe wrote:
By the way, I wanted to ask everyone who knows anything about Get Shredded to recommend what pwo should be.

Whey+creatine in water?
BCAAs+creatine in water?

Berardi mentions having BCAAs and creatine pwo but I don’t know if the whey isolate was implied or not. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Today I used whey+creatine in water, thinking I maybe should have added oil, but am not really sweating it since I’d rather save my oil for when I’m starving at night.[/quote]

I use whey+olive oil+creatine for my PWO on the GDS in conjunction with AD.

[quote]KingIndy wrote:
nz6stringaxe wrote:

Whey+creatine in water?
BCAAs+creatine in water?

Today I used whey+creatine in water, thinking I maybe should have added oil, but am not really sweating it since I’d rather save my oil for when I’m starving at night.

I use whey+olive oil+creatine for my PWO on the GDS in conjunction with AD.[/quote]

Same here.

When you guys say whey & olive oil is this with water or milk?

[quote]Nat7774 wrote:
When you guys say whey & olive oil is this with water or milk?[/quote]

nope. Just whey and olive oil.

we is real hard-core like. lol!!

it’s damn tasty though

Gona man up tomorrow and try!
How much oil?

How much oil?

[quote]Nat7774 wrote:
How much oil?[/quote]

enough for the mix to have at least 50% fat 50% protein.

OR

1 Tbsp per scoop of protein.

[quote]Nat7774 wrote:
How much oil?[/quote]

LOL, yes 1 TBSP of oil is good per scoop and you can use water. No milk.

[quote]Evil1 wrote:
Nat7774 wrote:
When you guys say whey & olive oil is this with water or milk?

nope. Just whey and olive oil.

we is real hard-core like. lol!!

it’s damn tasty though[/quote]

Evil - I hope your kidding dude!! LOL!.. I use whey with water. I tried putting olive oil in the shake, but damn it tasted funky!!, so just necking 1tbsp of EVOO washed down with the shake!

I use Reflex Micro Whey (google it!), as recommended by a few trainers, it has virtually zero carbs or fat, and for me its lactose free!..and I put about 5gms of glutamine in there too!.

Okay - so I started prepping for the AD yesterday with having no carbs - except veggies. Im also finding it hard to know what carbs to include?!..Been feeling VERY tired, groggy, and totaly exhausted!! - dont feel like hitting the gym AT ALL!!!.. any suggestions guys?! :frowning:

~M~

Have some coffee and go to the gym, do your usual workout BUT only as much weight as comfortably possible. Drink plenty of water.

Try the whey + EVOO no water. Eat with a spoon like pudding. Water and oil would not mix.

As far as carbs go:
Stick to your leafy greens. the darker the better. spinach, lettuces, kale, collards etc An entire bag of fresh spinach leaves has about 3 net carbs.
same with lettuce and bagged mixes of various salads.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when I did take whey + cream/EVOO I would add in sugar free syrups and such. probably why I never had any problems wrt taste

I’ve done the whey+oil before evil, it’s gross. Texture and taste are both horrible. It doesn’t dissolve properly because I imagine the instantized powder is made to be water-soluble.

Max, try to think of green veggies. Anything you previously mentally grouped with ‘carbs’ shouldn’t be the sources of this diet. Also, with the green veggies (broccoli, green beans, leafy veggies, asparagus, zucchini…), exclude peas. Also, mushrooms and cauliflower are good things to include.

Thanks Evil & NZ - so good to have you guys on this thread supporting us newbies!! :slight_smile:

I def have been eating a lot of greens, esp spinach, peppers and cucumber!.

I cooked up about 500g of beef last night in plum tomatoes, and added a pepper and a corgette in there. One can of tomatoes had 16g CHO, and all of it was sugar… is this ok on the AD??

Im assuming 30g CHO daily does not matter where it comes from as long as you dont exceed that!?!? (I prefer eating meat in a tomatoes sauce base as opposed to having it just ‘cooked’)

I also did my first workout this afternoon (Im lucky I can leave work at 3pm for a session! ;)), and came back feeling pumped! - it was actually harder getting the motivation to go to the gym as I was feeling drained.

I cant do coffee Evil - gives me really bad stomach churns!! Might try the Whey+EVOO as a pudding!.. but already getting funny looks at work taking a tbsp of the oil at my desk!..haha!! :wink:

Will post up full day 1 progress tmrw!

~M~

If you read the Anabolic Solution, Dr. D actually says some of his clients choose to eat 0g of carbs so they can have ice cream or something similar later in the day. As absurd as this may seem to us, his endorsement would imply his consent when getting 16g CHO from tomatoes at once.

A new anabolic diet thread? I won’t stand for this blasphemy.

Ok men (any females around here?), just got a hold of the results from my blood test. They actually make you pay for the report here, but I digress.

Test…Results…Optimal Range

Glucose Fasting…(4.5)…(3.6-6.0mmol/L)
Creatinine…(106)…(60-110umol/L)
eGFR…(82)…(>60mL/min/1.73m)

Cholesterol…(4.57)…(<5.20mmol/L)
Triglycerides…(0.30)…(<2.30mmol/L)
HDL…(2.74)…(>=1.00mmol/L)
LDL…(1.69)…(<2.60mmol/L)
TC/HDL ratio…(1.7)…(<5.00)

Sodium…(141)…(135-145mmol/L)
Potassium…(4.7)…(3.3-5.1mmol/L)
Chloride…(104)…(95-108mmol/L)
Alk Phos…(32)…(20-140U/L)
Alt…(13)…(<46U/L)
sTSH…(1.27)…(0.35-5.00mIU/L)better if low

Hematology:
Hemoglobin…136…(135-170g/L)
Hematocrit…0.40…(0.38-0.49l/l)
RBC…(4.48)…(4.20-5.70)
WBC…(5.1)…(4.0-11.0/L)
Platelets…(145-400/L)

Comparison to previous. Absoluteley no changes, except my HDL is a lot higher than when I was on the opposite plan (high cho n pro)

DAY 1 OF MY AD:

Hey guys so, Ive broken down my diet for yesterday, and it reads as follows (shame about the way it formats on here, but you can follow it!):->>>

Kcal /Fat (g)/ Carbs (g)/ Protein (g)
Breakfast
5 Eggs 428/ 29.8/ 2.25/ 37.75
1tbsp EVOO135/ 15/ 0/ 0
Spinach
3 caps Fish Oil 45.57/ 3/ 0/ 0

Lunch and Snack
Beef (500g) 1200/ 100/ 0/ 100
1 Pepper 24/ 0.2/ 5.5/ 1
1/2 Corgette
1 can tomatoe 100/ 0/ 16/ 1

Pre-Workout
Protein Shake 108/ 0.3/ 0.2/ 26/
1tbsp EVOO 135/ 15/ 0/ 0

Post-workout
Protein Shake108/ 0.3/ 0.2/ 26
1tbsp EVOO 135/ 15/ 0/ 0

Dinner
Chicken(200g) 474/ 27/ 0/ 54.1
1 Pepper 24/ 0.2/ 5.5/ 1
Spinach
1tbsp Guacamole

Before Bed
Protein Shake 108/ 0.3/ 0.2/ 26
1 tbsp EVOO 135/ 15/ 0/ 0
2 Caps Flax Seed 26.5/ 2/ 0/ 0

TOTAL kCals>3186.07/ FAT>223.1/ CHO>29.85/ PROTEIN>272.85

Im SHOCKED…Now according to this Ive taken in over 3000kcals!.. but it really doesnt feel like it!! I havent included the Spinach, Corgette or Guacamole as these were minimal.

LEARNING POINTS: I need to increase greens, and maybe reduce my EVOO! I took in 4 tbsp of EVOO ystrday!..and that in total came to over 540kcals, and 60g fat!! - so maybe 1tbsp less! - I only need 200g fat per day.

Im going to throw in a can of tuna to boost protein up to my daily target of 300g. I also need to count more accurately, as the veggies and Guacamole would have taken me over 30gCHO. And must drink more water!!

My Training session was quite light ystrday(arms and chest), which Im ok with until my first carb up in 11 days.

CHOLESTEROL: My test showed a reading of 5.90mmol/L which is above the good range, so hopefully it will come down after being on AD! Will measure it every 4 weeks.

SYMPTOMS: Well still feeling quite crappy!.. not getting that rush of energy I had when taking CHO!! I also miss that pumped feeling I had on carbs. My muscles feel flat and soft! I really want that chunky tight look, as opposed to the skinny lean look!

But Im hoping that will all come once Ive done the carb up! - Im still visiting the toilet each morning, but somebody pass me the air-freshener!! :wink:

On a positive note, my skin looks better, and my tanita scales say I have lost weight (now 72kg), but my bodyfat% has gone down, and muscle mass % has gone up - so must have shed some water. I need to put on weight not lose it though!!..let wait and see!

Guys- The hardest thing is the constant tiredness and lack of enthusiasm…what kinda symptoms did you suffer in the first week? Both mentally, and in terms of your muscle definition?..ANY TIPS!?..(except coffee!)…cheeers!!

~M~

Max for the love of god take a fiber supplement. You won’t want to listen to me until it’s too late, so please do it.

All of a sudden you’ll just have like, anal leakage and explosive diarrhea. My first four days sucked so badly that I was thinking of abandoning the whole thing. I kind of wish I had to save me all the troubles I’ve had since, but seriously. Fiber supplement.

I recommend pure psyllium husk powder and/or pure guar gum.

I bought some protein powder from a franchise called Smoothie King. It tastes decent, and is less than 1 g of cho per 40 g of protein.

I noticed that it is loaded with Amino Acids as well.

Will Amino Acids interfere with the low carb phase of this diet?

FWIW, the protein mix is Gladiator, and is a mix of whey and egg proteins.

Thank you

On AD 3rd day feeling great so far!

My typical menu for 3600cals:

Meal #1 - 5am
3 omega3 Eggs
3 Bacon
3 Omega3 Fish oil

Cal=568.8 / P=47.55 / C=3.45 / F=40.05

Meal #2 - 7am (PWO)
1scp Protein
100ml lactose free milk
handful frozen raspberries
1tsp Psyllium Husks
2Tbs Olive Oil

Cal=352 / P=38 / C=12.3 / F=17.1

Meal #3 - 9am Spinach Omelet
4 omega3 Eggs
75g Spinach
75g Cheese
125g Cottage Cheese
1tsp Psyllium Husks

Cal=759.4 / P=61.9 / C=7.8 / F=53.2

Meal #4 - 12
300g Chicken thigh fillet
Baby Spinach Salad
2Tbs Olive Oil
1tsp Psyllium Husks

Cal=1090 / P=81.6 / C=9.6 / F=73.6

Meal #5 - 4pm
2 Lean Aussie Burgers

Cal=307.2 / P=48 / C=1.2 / F=11

Meal #6 - 8pm
300g Fillet Beef Steak
Broccoli
3 Omega3 Fish oil

Cal=632.5 / P=86.4 / C=0 / F=19.2

Totals

Cal=3675.9 / P=360.05(39.2%) / C=29.55(3.2%) / F=214.05(52.4%)

How does this look?

As much as I love it I’d like to ditch the bacon every morning as it cant be good for you any ideas on a quick easy sub here?

Want to add some nuts in the chicken salad which are the best nuts for this?

Getting blood work done tomorrow am what do I need to look for with the results?

Thanks guys for the great new thread!