My Dogg Crap Log

I’m doing DC for the first time so i figured ill keep a log. a little background info, I’m 6’2 230 lbs and 17 years old. I’m around 13% body fat coming of a quick recomp. Before DC i did pretty much the same thing with more volume for about eight months which took me from 215 to 240 and before that i only trained for football. I plan on doing a show next spring. Got a year to become impressive here it goes.
Measurements
Arms:17
legs: 28
chest: a little over 50 flexed
calves: 18

Did my first session 5-30-11 it felt weird doing so few sets but i loved it, felt great and i see how some one could get ridiculous results. I had chest, back, shoulders, and tri’s today before my rest-pause sets i did three warm up sets of 15,6, and a decently heavy double just to get ready.

Incline press- 205x22 and then a couple negatives( move up to 225 next time)
Lateral raise machine- 95x 36 ( use dumbbells next time)
Close grip bench- 180x22 wrists gave out but i definantly need to go way heavier
Pull downs- 200x 40 need to go way heavier
T-bar rows- 4 platesx34 i did these RP (strait sets next time)

i really liked the extreme stretching except i was kinda worried about my shoulders doing the chest stretching but it should be fine. overall good lift for just getting the hang of it but went way to light.

Tuesday is an off day and i wanted to lift so bad even though Monday kicked my ass. three days a week will defiantly take some getting use to. I’m keeping in cardio three days a week and i was originally going to do some hill sprints but decided it would be to much and just played a little basketball instead.

Today i had arms and legs and this workout went a lot better than Monday. my biceps are awful and defiantly look disproportionate to the rest of me so i’m hoping this will help. it seems like my bicep is just a peek on top of a tricep with no width or thickness. what i’ve been doing for legs before DC was working realy well so i’m kinda nervous but i like the widow maker sets so it should do.

Barbell curls ( my worst lift)- 80x25 very strict form slow negatives.
Hammer curl- 45x25 ( use 55 next time)
Leg curl- the stack x 30 slow negatives
Front squat- 185x8, 225x8, 255x6, 275x5. for the widow maker i went way to light with only 135 for front squats and ended up getting 40 instead which was a bad idea. i reely liked the calves i thought i was going to tear something they hurt so good. overall it’s going good so far liking all of it. does any one have an expieriance with the 4 way DC split? i’m considering after i finish a couple blasts. and what are some good heavy hamstring movements that isnt a dead lift variation?

How does the set/reps work exactly? How many working sets are you diving the total reps over when, for example, you say 205x22.

Impressed by 50" chest at 17 and 6’2"!

It’s three rest-pause sets with 15 seconds in between each one and thank you it’s getting there.

Swimming today for cardio. any opinions on swimming for cardio or cardio during DC at all?

Are you using pins for all the rest-pause stuff then? I’m trying to imagine rest-pause press without resting the bar on pins temporarily between reps.

I just rack it take a couple deep breaths then do the next set. Just racking and unracking it with a spotter works out.

Fucking destroyed today. I hit chest shoulders tris and back probably the best workout in last couple months. kinda disappointed with back but overall killed it.

HS flat bench (press the one parallel to the ground)- 245x22 (i wanted to use dumbbells but doesn’t realy workout with rest-pause great set regardless)

HS front military press- 235x26 ( alot heavier than i thought i would do)

Tricep extensions- 65x41

pullups- 14x bodyweight slow negatives hold at top ( this was awful for me i don’t know what went wrong but very disappointed.

Rack pulls- did strait sets with the heaviest set 460x6 i should have went lighter on the previous 3 sets and grip failed since i had no chalk but good lift for me.

After the rackpulls i did a widow maker with 315 on full deadlifts got a smooth twenty maybe could of cranked out a tough 10 more but i didn’t want a repeat of lat weeks 40 rep widow maker not a good idea. maybe ill go 350 next time

Overall amazing workout went way heavier than i thought i could i think i feel alot stronger than i was at 240 at 225 and look alot better. i also decided on a new goal of a 450x20 deadlift before i turn 18 years old in 7 months. its gunna be tough since i don’t train deadlift except widow makers and i think right now i can get 450 for a good 8 when i’m fresh.I’m really liking the DC already feeling some gains in the first week.

Off day today. my chest and traps are sore for the first time in a while and my whole nervous system seems shot should be recovered from the lbs of dead animal i,m going to eat today. i have one more conditioning day this week but i haven’t decided on today or tomorrow or on stair-stepper or swimming

Terrible lift today started with weighing in 223 even though I’ve been eating my ass off. i have to settle down on the cardio and other stuff. All workout i felt super flat and nauseous and all my weights went down overall pretty shitty until i got a shake and a meal in and then all of a sudden i filled out and looked like a whole different person i wanted to redo my workout. I had biceps forams and legs,

Spider curl- 70x24 ( close grip EZ bar) i did a couple partials at the end of the last RP set
Pinwheels- 50xalot i was just getting use to this and went to light i stopped counting at around 50 haha
RDL on a a step thing for a larger rom- 365x4 (heaviest strait set) this was terrible i dont remember the lat time under 400 felt heavy on RDL and i didn’t feel my hams at all.
RDL widowmaker- 245x20
Hack squats (strait sets)- heaviest 455x6 close stance no lockouts- widoowmaker 315x315 lags didn’t feel so fatigued but i thought i was going to pass out.
Calves- DC set kicked my ass as usall

After i got some food i felt so much better or at least not like death so i just did two sets of 15 on leg extensions and machine preacher curls. overall shitty workout but lesson learned. less cardio and right down what i eat most of the time it feels like more than it actually is. Im ready to fuck shit up Wednesday.

Here’s a couple pics from last week. Shitty cellphone picks but you get the idea. no pics of legs or back on account of there my best body parts and i must do them justice lol.

nevermind i cant make them any bigger and they look bad ill put some up Wednesday

Good lift yesterday. walked five miles to the gym then hit chest, shoulders, triceps, back.

Pre-exhaust upper chest- guilliatin press 2x15 153, 185 ( I love these but i wouldn’t want to go heavy and do rest-pause with them)

Incline DB- 80x18 then some negatives ( fuck i’m week on these! but not for long)

Seated military- 175x20 ( I’ve never done these seated always standing i didn’t think there would be so much weight difference)

HS dip machine- 245x 40+ ( if i went heavier i couldn’t stay down on the seat. I liked the ROM but wont be doing these for long )

Wide grip pull-downs- 180x45 slow concentric controlled reps (shit i keep going to light

Dumbbell rows - 130x19 each arm ( squeeze at top ) i need raps

Overall good workout i also did two sets of dumbbell laterals after military press. I’m still getting accustom to how heavy i can go while not on a diet and not doing allot of volume so pretty much how much stronger i got by not " over training"

I had biceps/ forearms/ hams/ quads/ calves today. overall good lift. Had to walk five miles to the gm today which kinda sucks on leg day but o well i’m not complaining.

Incline DB curl- 45x23

EZ bar reverse curls- 80x27

One leg sumo press- 15x 4 plates per side, 6x6 plates per side, Widow maker- 20x8 plates per side (two legs)

close stance leg press- heaviest set 6x9 pps, widowmaker- 50x5 pps

standing calf raise

End of first blast and already see improvements in just about every body part

Destroyed the log book today. my weight was down again somehow i seriously don’t know how that’s possible but itll get ther my weights are going up and i look bigger and better.

Incline press- 225x22 ( PR + 20 lbs)
lateral raises- 40lbs dumbells x 35 (PR)
closegrip bench- 185x16 ( i felt strong on these and then my body just gave out but PR
HS pulldown- 215 x 22
Tbar rows- 5 plates x 15 (PR)

Overall good lift many PR’s and destroyed the log book. I’m seeing improvements everywhere. Now about to go dominate a steak samich!

Barbell curls- 90x 25 ( 10 lbs PR)
hammercurls- 55x26 (10 lbs PR)
leg curls- 145x 17 ( not PR!)
front squat- 135x12, 185x8, 225x6, 285x3 ( slow negative PR) 185x8
Hack squat widowmaker- 365x20 ( 50 lbs PR)

Good workout for some reason i always get light headed by the middle of the Wednesday lifts but still PR’s in just about everything.

Great strength for a 17 year old. I would try and find a more compound shoulder exercise than the lateral raises. You won’t be able to progress for long on laterals. I also would just go by the book with DC and not mess with any extra stuff.

As far as the 3-way split over 4 days, I wouldn’t worry about that for a long time. The 2 way split you are doing allows you to progress the fastest. The 3 way is basically only for guys who have exhausted all progress on the 2 way and have no other choice. They are also almost all national level bodybuilders at that stage. You should be able to rock the 2 while for a long time (I know I will).

Also, why do you do calves at the end instead of the middle before hams and quads?

You are a beast of a 17 year old. Keep at it.

Thanks for the comments and kind words ajweins. I read up on the 3-way split and saw the same thing as you said so defiantly 2-way at least until i’m a national level pro. For the calves there is no real reason i do them last I’ve just always done that and my calves always grow very fast so it just felt normal to keep it last . i will switch it to the middle though if thats what Dante says.