My Dog Needs Anabolic Type Help

Apologies, thought this was a troll job at first.

Glad to see you’re feeding a decent kibble.

Perhaps try raw? Check out www.NaturesVariety.com or www.PrimalPetFoods.com

“test may be low”? what is she basing that on?

If he’s 7 years old and gaining modest amounts of weight then he is probably slowing down a little.

Testing for hypothyroid in dogs is tricky as the standard tests are not sensitive enough unless there is a serious problem. You would need to send the bloods off to Dr Jean Dodds at Hemovet, but you would really need a better reason to bother.

Exogenous test will have some advantages and some disadvantages. I wouldn’t do it.

If you want to supplement, fish oil and freeze-dried green-lipped mussel to ease inflammation and protect against osteoarthritis (amongst other things).

[quote]Test Icicle wrote:
Not many people know this, but Dorian Yates had a pit with similar issues. He also gave his pit AAS and the dog did much better. I have it on good authority that this is what he administered his pet:

Week Sustanon 250 Winstrol Dianabol HGH Insulin
1 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
2 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
3 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
4 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
5 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
6 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
7 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
8 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
9 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
10 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
11 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
12 2000mgs/week 200mgs/day 100mgs/day 12 IUs/day 10 IUs/day
[/quote]

Wtf!?! That’s what Dorian took himself prob. 2000mgs of test a week?!?

[quote]battle_axe wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
feed him meat and exercise him more? also cute[/quote]

i walk him almost 2 hours a day and i got him a puppy to ply with and a treadmill to run on. I give him wellness which is, $70 per bag of diet dog food, believe me this is my final option for his weight problem.[/quote]

Stop feeding kibble, and try actual meat. 70 dollars for a bag of corn, and entrails run through an extruder is insane. He doesn’t need steaks. Buy the cheapest clearance meat you can find, and feed him that. Or make him work for it, and get him out on the hunt. Cook it if he’s purely a family pet. Raw will give him a taste for blood. And possibly the shits if he’s not used to it.

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:

[quote]battle_axe wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
feed him meat and exercise him more? also cute[/quote]

i walk him almost 2 hours a day and i got him a puppy to ply with and a treadmill to run on. I give him wellness which is, $70 per bag of diet dog food, believe me this is my final option for his weight problem.[/quote]

Stop feeding kibble, and try actual meat. 70 dollars for a bag of corn, and entrails run through an extruder is insane. He doesn’t need steaks. Buy the cheapest clearance meat you can find, and feed him that. Or make him work for it, and get him out on the hunt. Cook it if he’s purely a family pet. Raw will give him a taste for blood. And possibly the shits if he’s not used to it.[/quote]

Wellness brand actually doesn’t have corn or grains.

And as far as raw, it’s not as simple as meat. If you don’t feed fruits/veggies along with it that dog will go faster downhill than feeding Ol’Roy

I agree though, raw is the way to go, it just needs to be done properly

oh, and feeding raw doesn’t give them a taste for blood, that’s a myth.

I don’t mean they’ll get an insatiable thirst, and become crazed killer beasts. Just that it won’t help a “house pet” be “well behaved” if your trying to break it of it’s predatory instincts. Than again, I don’t have any actual experience with “house pet” type dogs so you may be right. Always had hunting hounds myself. They’ve also always gotten the odd bit of scrap veg like you said, in addition to all the greenery they graze between meals.

Good to know about the grain free kibbles though.

House pets and working dogs alike are absolutely fine with raw diets and this will not ‘blood’ them.

By raw meat, are you in fact referring to raw meaty bones? My dogs ate almost nothing but raw chicken or kangaroo frames for years. Some kibble, some pureed veg, a few left-overs.

Bones (uncooked). Organs. “Less desireable” cuts. Whatever parts of the carcass you don’t want for yourself. Point is that feeding a dog kibbles every day is the equivelent of you eating a box of kraft dinner every day. Sure they’ll survive, but if you wan’t them to thrive you should be feeding them real food. At 70 dollas for a bag of kibble, I don’t think there’s even a financial reason to feed it.

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:
Bones (uncooked). Organs. “Less desireable” cuts. Whatever parts of the carcass you don’t want for yourself. Point is that feeding a dog kibbles every day is the equivelent of you eating a box of kraft dinner every day. Sure they’ll survive, but if you wan’t them to thrive you should be feeding them real food. At 70 dollas for a bag of kibble, I don’t think there’s even a financial reason to feed it.[/quote]

I agree. Unfortunately I have to feed one of my dogs kibble, after a lot of surgery her guts won’t take bone any more. I give her real food as well, just no bones.

Then again, I’ve seen a lot of dogs live to ripe old ages with crappy supermarket food. Good genes are good genes, but good genes and good food is better.

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:
I don’t mean they’ll get an insatiable thirst, and become crazed killer beasts. Just that it won’t help a “house pet” be “well behaved” if your trying to break it of it’s predatory instincts. Than again, I don’t have any actual experience with “house pet” type dogs so you may be right. Always had hunting hounds myself. They’ve also always gotten the odd bit of scrap veg like you said, in addition to all the greenery they graze between meals.

Good to know about the grain free kibbles though.[/quote]

The hunting instinct is intrinsic to all dog breeds, even the cute little ones. And yes, blood, the game of fetch, wrestling et cetera can absolutely draw the instinct out, though some breeds are still more “wild” than others.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:
Bones (uncooked). Organs. “Less desireable” cuts. Whatever parts of the carcass you don’t want for yourself. Point is that feeding a dog kibbles every day is the equivelent of you eating a box of kraft dinner every day. Sure they’ll survive, but if you wan’t them to thrive you should be feeding them real food. At 70 dollas for a bag of kibble, I don’t think there’s even a financial reason to feed it.[/quote]

I agree. Unfortunately I have to feed one of my dogs kibble, after a lot of surgery her guts won’t take bone any more. I give her real food as well, just no bones.

Then again, I’ve seen a lot of dogs live to ripe old ages with crappy supermarket food. Good genes are good genes, but good genes and good food is better.
[/quote]

what about bone that is finely ground? the raw food I feed contain it, but you can’t see it. If your vet says that’s ok give the links I posted earlier a try. Here’s one of my trips to the pet store