T Nation

My DL PR Vid

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Your face looks very angry during the pull. Try smiling.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. Check out Dave’s avatar if you’re not sure what he means.

:wink:

Long pants, have a tendency to catch and snag on the bar. You get less friction wearing shorts.

beef

[quote]beefcakemdphd wrote:
Long pants, have a tendency to catch and snag on the bar. You get less friction wearing shorts.

beef[/quote]
Thanks for the advice. I will be doing an PL meet in Virginia in October and I am required to wear a singlet. Any suggestions on a good one.

Your singlet won’t help you deadlift. However, for convenience get one that has high leggings. Some singlets have legs that go to the knee. You don’t want drag your singlet leggings on the way up. Also at contest time baby powder the front side of your legs, being careful NOT to get any on your hands. (get someone else to do it for you). If you want to use a deadlift suit that’s another story.

beef

Nice pull Mike!

[quote]beefcakemdphd wrote:
If you want to use a deadlift suit that’s another story.

beef[/quote]

I don’t know if I am allowed. I am doing the AAU National PL Meet and I am register for the RAW DL so I am not sure if they allow it. Do you know if they do?

Great man, congrats…

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
Great man, congrats…[/quote]

Thanks . Hey I like your avatar. Where did you get it?

If it’s a raw deadlift, you are not allowed to wear a suit.

I’ll PM you where to get a singlet.

beef

Nice lift man… looks like you had more in the tank too… who were you giving the stink eye to after the lift?

[quote]mrdav2u wrote:
Nice lift man… looks like you had more in the tank too… who were you giving the stink eye to after the lift?[/quote]

Thanks. I wasn’t giving any stink eyes, I was just fired up for the comp. That was my second pull. I went for 475 on my third attempt but I was fried by that time.

you look strong. nice lift! determination it was!

get going!

[quote]stallion wrote:
you look strong. nice lift! determination it was!

get going![/quote]

Thanks

Great job!

What rep stragedy did you follow to get your snatch reps?
I’ve snatched the 53 for 31/32 left and right non-stop but can’t seem to break the 100 rep wall for the 5 min test.

Thanks,
Eric

[quote]Ericc wrote:
Great job!

What rep stragedy did you follow to get your snatch reps?
I’ve snatched the 53 for 31/32 left and right non-stop but can’t seem to break the 100 rep wall for the 5 min test.

Thanks,
Eric[/quote]

I use a 10 and 10 right & left however when they call 30 seconds I stay on my stronger arm which is my right arm until the end. My training partner & I practiced 3 times before the comp and we did it every other week. My first test was 103, 116, 120, and my test day was 132.