My Diet... Still in Planning

So this is my diet that I have worked out… It’s still in it’s planning stages so I thought of all of you and decided to let you dissect and fix it up.

MY Diet

Drinks:
Coffee
Tea
Water
Diet Soda
Crystal Light
Low Carb Energy Drink

Food:
Fruits
Vegetables
Meat
Cheese
Eggs

Supplements:
Protein
Metamucil
Fish Oil
Green Tea Extract
Multi Vitamin

Macro nutrient Requirements:
1611 calories per day.
143 grams of protein per day.
191 grams of carbs per day.
30 grams of fat per day.

Micronutrient Requirements
10 grams saturated Fat
10 grams polyunsaturated fat
10 grams Monounsaturated fat
5 gummy bear Vitamins

Their is no way to determine what your total caloric intake should be without knowing how much cardio and reisistance ex. you are doing. You also should provide some stats about your self height, weight, bf% etc.

I do 5 - 10 min of HIIT
I walk for 30 min a day
I do high intensity workout for 45 min to an hour (depending on what I’m working)
I am 6’1 weigh 208 and have like 23%BF( mirror guesstimation… I had it taken 4 months ago and it came up at 21%)

If there is anything else needed I will be back on in a couple hours cause I’m heading off to the gym.

This is honestly quite horrible…

-You weight 208 and you’re beginning a diet (with very little experience it would seem), 1600 calories is way too low for you.

-5 to 10 minutes of intervals? If you’re going to do them, you’ll probably want to do longer than that

-Define high intensity workout and how often

-the 33/33/33 fat breakdown is good to aim for, but you have very low fat at 30g. In fact, it’s probably impossible since you included cheese and eggs in your diet. Unless you meant egg and one slice of cheese.

-A little more protein, aim for at least 1g per lb, better at around 1.5

-Any reason why your carbs are relatively high? Unless your body handles carbs really well, you’ll generally want to go lower carbs with most of it coming around workouts

-Supplements are good to start, though protein would go under food

-Go easy on the caffeine and carbonated drinks

[quote]Evilmage wrote:

-You weight 208 and you’re beginning a diet (with very little experience it would seem), 1600 calories is way too low for you.

-5 to 10 minutes of intervals? If you’re going to do them, you’ll probably want to do longer than that

-the 33/33/33 fat breakdown is good to aim for, but you have very low fat at 30g. In fact, it’s probably impossible since you included cheese and eggs in your diet. Unless you meant egg and one slice of cheese.

-Any reason why your carbs are relatively high? Unless your body handles carbs really well, you’ll generally want to go lower carbs with most of it coming around workouts

-Go easy on the caffeine and carbonated drinks[/quote]

I said it needed work.

so lets say 1800 calories… im getting about 2300 now and am gaining weight slowly.

and 20 min of HIIT

by high intensity I mean I’m usually sore for 2 days after… for example on leg day i’m usual limping out of the gym.

is 60 grams of fat better?

and 250g of protein

If you’re gaining at 2300 calories, either you’re not really getting 2300 calories or your metabolism is completely out of whack from excess dieting. If you know it’s not the latter, than start using a method to track your calorie intake (fitday.com).

So assuming you’re using a decent workout program (plenty on this site), then you probably need to address workout nutrition and recovery. Read up on some articles / posts on this site.

Unless you’re starting something new, doing two a days, or going balls to wall intense (which for obvious reasons, you would only do once maybe twice a week), you generally shouldn’t be limping around sore after two days. For one, you generally workout after a one or two day break, making it very detrimental to your progress.

Honestly, if your gaining weight at 2300 kcals/day at 208 lbs. then your not moving enough or you are eating really crappy food. That or your metabolism is screwed to hell. What’s your diet like at the moment? Maybe try following Berardi’s 7 habits for a month or so and add in some steady state cardio. Then, after you have that down, track your food intake a little more closely. Your food choices look good, but I think you will be surprised with how much clean food you can eat and still lose weight.

If your looking to drop some weight you might want to have a higher fat intake and less carbs.

Keep carbs to just around your workouts on training days and in the morning on non-training days.

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:
Evilmage wrote:

-Go easy on the caffeine and carbonated drinks

I said it needed work.

so lets say 1800 calories… im getting about 2300 now and am gaining weight slowly.

and 20 min of HIIT

by high intensity I mean I’m usually sore for 2 days after… for example on leg day i’m usual limping out of the gym.

is 60 grams of fat better?

and 250g of protein[/quote]

Leave the calories the same and up the cardio.

I put the calories at 2100 and took out most wheat product, doing cadio, and I am trying to balance my diet on protein a moderate amount of fat and few carbs… So far all is going well. aside from my crippled ability to do cardio… long story short foot warts hurt like a bitch.