T Nation

My Diet Sound Right?

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to lose some fat and make some lean muscle gains, so I just switched to the diet I list below. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or could critque it for me. Thanks in advance!

8am: 4 Maximum Strength HOT-ROX

8:30am: 2 egg whites, 2 pieces of toast, 16 oz of milk.

10:30am: 1 scoop Metabolic Drive!

11am: 1 packet animal pak vitamins

11:45am - 1pm: workout

1:15pm: 2 scoops Metabolic Drive!, 20g maltodextrin, 20g dextrose

1:45pm: 5g creatine

2pm: 4 Maximum Strength HOT-ROX

4:30pm: 1 scoop Metabolic Drive!

5:45pm: 5g creatine

6:45pm: Chicken/tuna salad

9pm: 2 scoops Metabolic Drive!

11/12: sleep

roughly: 1620 calories, 180g protein

This diet would be fine if you were a 60 Pound 10 year old girl.

It's impossible to tell without having some stats. Height/Weight/BF%

And you probably won't be making any gains on this diet unless you have the above said stats.

You will probably lose weight on this diet. BUT, you're only eating "real food" twice a day. Where's all the fruit and veggies? You need that, big time. You're getting less than 30 grams of fat a day, that's not healthy either.

While drinking the protein shakes is a good thing, that should be done ON TOP of normal consumption. You need more REAL FOOD in that diet.

I think you'd be best checking out John Berardi's "7 Habits" article on diets, this will lead to a healthy and effective diet that you can stay on for the rest of your life.

here's the link,

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459493

rethink that diet and get back to us. You have a good start just follow the rules and make it great.

My stomach would try to make a break for it out of any number of orifices on that diet. Where's the food? Take a look at Dr. Berardi's articles.

Thanks for the advice guys! After looking over the Dr. Berardi's article, it seems the 2 biggest habits i'm not following are getting enough whole foods & eating enough fruits/vegetables. I'm not quite sure when I should be eating fruits/vegetables though, like should I have a fruit with my pre-workout shake, and some vegetables after my pwo shake? I'm 6'0", 185lbs, with around 18.5-19% bf, so my main goal is to lose fat and at least maintain my lean muscle, if not gain some.

So does my calorie consumption seem too low, and if so, how many calories should I aim for to still lose weight? Should I buy some fish oil caps to take at night, or does the 30-35g fat from the chiken/tuna salad/wrap seem like enough? Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated. I think I was trying to combine the velocity diet, with that other one that says to eat c+p in the morning and f+p at night, without really thinking it thru.

5 meals x 500-700 calories per meal of clean foods, I don't know why you'd want 35g's of fat from a wrap.

If 5 x 500 calories is too much, which would shock me, then go to 5 x 450, then 5 x 400, etc. If 5 x 700 is too few, then go to 5 x 750.

If you are constantly hungry you are not eating enough.