My Diet Progress

@jskrabac Unless I’ve unintentionally made mistakes weighing my food, no.

EDIT: in case it’s pertinent, here is a typical day. I’d say around 80% of the time it’s like this.

Your carbs are still pretty high, so you still have lots of room to work with to lean out further. Personally, I’d drop those to 100g. Even if you keep exact same cal overall and bump fat and pro appropriately. I would wager you’d see the scale tip in your favor right away. Others may disagree, but I don’t like letting things stall for too long when it comes to cutting. Gotta keep the momentum going in the right direction. At your current leanness I think you should still be shooting for about 1kg/week.

I asked about refeed or cheat meal because I think it would be a good idea actually. I’ve never been able to dip below the 12% BF mark without them, and maintaining sub 10 they are necessary.

Lastly, what type of cardio are you doing?

2 Likes

5 or so 20 minute session of medium intensity cardio on my spin bike.

That’s not too hard to give a try. I will say though that more times than not 100g of those carbs are pre and post workout. Agreed, 1kg a week was what I was going for which is my I’m getting frustrated.

I’ve not considered it. I have thought about trying the 5/2 protocol. Which would be about 2800 cal 5 days a week and 2 days of 24hr fasting.

Oh man, f that haha. I like eating too much, but to each his own.

2 Likes

Another alternative is 5/2 for athletes. 1100 calories on the 2 days. 400 before a cardio session. 700 after. From experience I suggest a late swim, so maybe breaking the fast at 1600, being in the water 90 minutes later, swimming for a while, sauna, 700 calories as a post-workout/pre-bed meal.

1 Like

Always hard to judge by pic but honestly you really don’t like shit and looks fairly lean. I have trouble believing losing 6 kgs would only make you 11-12% unless all your fat is your thighs.

I understand how fat loss is emotional, I am dieting right now ahah, and we want to have it lost yesterday. But yeah 1 month without losing is concerning I would have changed things like @jskrabac said. But if you’re at 2000 and losing zero, going to 1 kg per week you’ll just starve and lose muscle (you are already lean). But indeed you have to be more agressive no matter what.

When I switched to a desk job to an active one I lost 5kgs in 2 weeks that I never gained back. I love food so I just prefer moving. When i diet I go for a 45-60 min walk with my dog everyday, and then add some cardio over the weeks. So yeah just 20 mins might be too low, especially if it’s low intensity. So you’re burning what, 150 cals maybe? Perhaps amp the intensity a bit to a true medium on some day, and icnrease duration indeed. When I go for a run I burn 600 cals in 30 min. Try to be more active on days you’re not working.

If you decide to drop carbs to 100 then you have to use them peri-workout, we want performance in the gym and recovery to be maximal.

Really not liking the 24 h fast either lol. It’s really not great for muscle

2 Likes

Thanks gentlemen for the support! Much appreciated. I think the consensus is to up cardio by a decent amount and remain the same calories. A week from now I’ll reevaluate. I’m not opposed to dropping another 1-200 but only after I’ve exhausted the other solutions

1 Like

Do you guys get digestive problems when you diet down? I’ve noticed that I’m very irregular. Like one good duece a week. It’s uncomfortable and it plays havoc on my scale which makes it harder to monitor progress properly. I’ve been considering a regular light laxative or probiotics

It can happen if your diet is too low in fibers or even carbs in general

1 Like

Carbs are around 150-180. Fiber is about 25-30g

Here we go. About another kg down in 10 days. This morning I’m at 80.4 and I’m pretty happy about that. It’s hard to accurately track because I I’m not shitting regular like I used too. About 1 or 2 good ones a week. I quit weighing myself every day because of the huge fluctuations, was just making me frustrated and loose motivation. So now I’m just weighing myself the morning after a good duece. Much better for my mental health. Also I did bring my calories down by 100 making it 1900. That little bit of change is what broke the dam for me. I think I will ride 1900 out for another week or so and see what happens. I’ve enjoyed this thread turning into more of a journal. Hearing from you guys has been helpful, encouraging, and motivating, so thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Nice! Sometimes you gotta push through to break your plateau!

The hell? I poop 3 times a day

1 Like

You also eat double the amount of calories per day at the moment, don’t you? Or even more than that?

I have nothing scientific to point to but anecdotally it seems as if when in a deficit bowel movements are less frequent. I also vaguely recall someone, maybe @mertdawg, @JamesBrawn007 or @EyeDentist, mentioning that when someone is in a caloric deficit their stool when having left the body will have fewer remaining calories.

2 Likes

Yeah, same. When I dropped to 2k cal it slowed down. Now I’m under 1900 it slowed way down :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@Christian_Thibaudeau

What is your opinion on refeeds or cheat days? Would you recommend either to me? If that’s a thing then I’m all in on that. Could really use a few hundred carbs

Well after suffering too long I went ahead and got me some laxatives. After 48hrs of moderate dose I shit like 8 times today. I’m down below 80 to 79.6😂

4kg left. These the hard ones though

Making some good progress. Down to 78.9 this morning. I’m pretty happy with how it’s going. I struggled through 2 weeks of stagnation ended up reducing my calories by only 100 and that made the difference and I started loosing again.

Any good educated guesses where I am bf wise? I’m still trying to nail down a target weight. It helps me stay focused. My guess is around 13 or so. That means 75.5 would put me at 10% which is round about my goal (that’s an arbitrary number, just close to about the leanness I’m going for)

2 Likes

Looking good! I was going to guess 12ish, but I’m no expert.

1 Like

Thanks bro!

I’m also no expert, but I’d imagine you’re pretty close to accurate

1 Like