T Nation

My Diet and Workout?

First heres a little of my background. I’m 20 years old, I’m 6’1 about 200pounds. My body type is sloppy. Now to my Diet and Work Out.

My Diet.

Meal 1. 1 Cup Oat Meal, Glass of Soy Milk

Meal 2. Power Bar Protien Plus/Nuts inbetween Classes

Meal 3. Turkey Sandwitch on Whole Grain and Fruit.

Meal 4. Chicken Breast with friut and Veggies.

Meal 5. Whole Grain Toast with Smart Balance Omega 3 Butter. and Tea spoon of Peanutbutter

I know its most likly Flawed but thats why im seeing what you guys think. I Do switch up the Meals weekly i only go to the store every sunday and buy Different Foods.

My Work Out. Mon-Wen-Fri are my work out days.

Squats 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Bench Press 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Dumbbell Shoulder Presses 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Machine Row 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Barbell Curls 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Triceps Push Downs 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Calf raises (standing) 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Crunches-Abs 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Im Trying to Lean and Get rid of the extra Body Fat.

MUCH more protein with breakfast. Soy milk, let it go. Try cutting down on the grains and replace them with veggies. They’ll keep you fuller and are much better for you all around. You’ll keep your insulin levels more stable which will aid in the assault on fat.

Make sure to read the beginners articles. But some key points to keep with you for life.

Protein with every meal.

Carbs in the morning and post workout. IE your oatmeal, or fruit and Surge PWO.

Healthy fats replace carbs in the latter half of the day.

On another note, most protein bars are crap, tons of sugar alcohols and some hidden hydrogenated oils. Perhaps get a shaker bottle and drink a good low carb protein shake, like Metabolic Drive. Or if the bar is more convenient to you, get some Metabolic Drive bars, much higher quality.

So we don’t know your background. But you say you want to get lean. Well tell us where you’re at right now. Height, weight, bodyfat?

Im 6’1 About 200 Pounds, Not sure about my body fat percent, all i know is i have love handles a gut and some lil boobs lol. If i had to guess id say around 35 percent Body Fat.

I do go to college full time So the Bar is easyer, But Shaker bottle i could most likly do.

Where could you get Surge besides here if you dont want to wait for it to get here by Mail?

[quote]JDM88 wrote:
First heres a little of my background. I’m 20 years old, I’m 6’1 about 200pounds. My body type is sloppy. Now to my Diet and Work Out.

My Diet.

Meal 1. 1 Cup Oat Meal, Glass of Soy Milk

Meal 2. Power Bar Protien Plus/Nuts inbetween Classes

Meal 3. Turkey Sandwitch on Whole Grain and Fruit.

Meal 4. Chicken Breast with friut and Veggies.

Meal 5. Whole Grain Toast with Smart Balance Omega 3 Butter. and Tea spoon of Peanutbutter

I know its most likly Flawed but thats why im seeing what you guys think. I Do switch up the Meals weekly i only go to the store every sunday and buy Different Foods.

My Work Out. Mon-Wen-Fri are my work out days.

Squats 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Bench Press 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Dumbbell Shoulder Presses 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Machine Row 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Barbell Curls 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Triceps Push Downs 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Calf raises (standing) 1-3 sets for 15 reps

Crunches-Abs 1-3 sets for 15 reps[/quote]

diet looks great besides the soy milk.

your workout on the other hand needs some tuning up.
if you’re trying to lean up and drop bodyfat, you wanna keep your heart rate up. try combining 2 or even 3 exercises in succession for a single set.

for example

seated Rows --> Push ups --> jump squats

doing all three exercises will constitute one set. if you’re not winded or have extra atp in the tank, try the sequence again without rest, or up the weight. 15 reps is just fine.

minimum 3 sets. work up to 5.

to make it even better, id add a ‘heavy’ day once a week.

heavy deads 6 x 3
pulldowns 4 x 8
db press 4 x 8

Sounds all good, But im dealing with a single Basic weight bench and a outside to do cardio. With me going to college full time leaves me with little money for gym membership for them workouts that request machines or other equipment.

When i say Machine Row i really mean Standing Row with a barbell.

Speaking of such is there any other excersize to replace Squats?

If you’ve got a barbell and weights there’s no reason not to squat in one way or another.

No squat rack? Clean it up and do front squats.

And throw away that fuckin’ soy milk, shit’s no good for you in lots of ways.

I never thought of doing front squats. Thanks. And Soy Milk Gone.

My New Diet. I took the Sample from the T-DAWG and change some of the meals.
Meal #1

OatMeal

Metabolic Drive bar

Snack

Beef jerky, handful of mixed nuts

Meal #2

Tuna, boiled egg

Meal #3

Chicken breasts

Mixed veggies

Meal #4

post-workout drink (Surge)

Meal #5

Turkey Salad

Meal #6

Cottage cheese

I always liked Clif Bars, not great, but not the worst quick meal either. High sugar.

As for the soy milk, look up the science on soy for yourself. Estrogen is not going to help you. But there is a lot of heads up asses surronding it and it’s effects on your body.

I can’t drink regular milk, but seem to have no issues with cheese, so I use soy with my Whey shakes, because water just doesn’t cut it. Best idea? no. But it is like drinking Red Line, you know it’s not good, but hey WTF why not?

IMHO the second diet looks 1,000% better.

Thanks Guys.