My Detailed Bulking Diet

I’m going to be starting my bulking diet in 4 weeks. I plan on being at 192-195 lbs at 11-12% bodyfat when I start my bulk. After 12 weeks, I hope to be at 210lbs at 14% bodyfat or less.

7:00am
3 capsules of Biotest Alpha Male
3 capsule of Biotest M

7:45am
1 scoop Biotest Power Drive

Meal 1 8:00am

1 packet cream of wheat (100 cals 0g fat 21g carbs 3g protein)
1 tbsp flaxseed oil (120 cals 14g fat 0g carbs 0g protein)
1 cup orange juice (113 cals 0g fat 27g carbs 2g protein)
1/4 cup mixed berries (24 cals 0g fat 6g carbs 0g protein)
1.5 scoops Whey (165 cals 2g fat 3g carbs 35g protein)

During workout 8:45-9:45am

12oz Gatorade (75 cals 0g fat 21g carbs 0g protein)
1 scoop Whey (110 cals 1g fat 2g carbs 23g protein)

Post workout 9:45am

16oz water
2 scoops Biotest Surge (350 cals 2g fat 49g carbs 25g protein)

Meal 2 10:30am

8oz chicken breast (249 cals 3g fat 0g carbs 47g protein)
2 banana’s (217 cals 2g fat 45g carbs 2g protein)

1:00pm
3 capsules of Biotest Alpha Male

Meal 3 1:30pm

4oz chicken breast (124 cals 2g fat 0g carbs 23g protein)
1 cup cooked brown rice (216 cals 2g fat 45g carbs 5g protein)

Meal 4 4:00pm

4oz chicken breast (124 cals 2g fat 0g carbs 23g protein)
2 slices whole wheat bread (157 cals 3g fat 30g carbs 6g protein)
2 tbsp natural peanut butter (190 cals 16g fat 6g carbs 8g protein)

Meal 5 6:30pm

8oz chicken breast (249 cals 3g fat 0g carbs 47g protein)
1 cup cooked wheat pasta (173 cals 1g fat 37g carbs 7g protein)
1 cup raw brocalli (25 cals 0g fat 5g carbs 3g protein)
Cup of Green Tea

Meal 6 8:30pm

1/4 cup roasted almonds (191 cals 17g fat 6g carbs 7g protein)
3oz baby carrots (6 cals 0g fat 1g carbs 0g protein)

10:30pm
3 capsules Biotest ZMA

Meal 7 11:15pm

1 cup lowfat milk (124 cals 5g fat 12g carbs 8g portein)
1.5 scoops Biotest Grow! (130 cals 1g fat 10g carbs 20g protein)
1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese (82 cals 1g fat 3g carbs 14g protein)

11:30pm
1 packet Coromega fish oil

Daily totals
(Calories= 3313)
(Fat= 80g)
(Carbs= 338g)
(Protein= 308g)

I will also be drinking 1-1.5 gallons of water a day.

As far as training is concerned, I will be doing Chad Waterbury’s 3 day per-week full-body workout plan.

Feel free to make comments or suggestions. :slight_smile:

Seems solid lots of good oils etc but my first thoughts (after only scanning your post - sorry it is late here and I have to work early) would be to include some more veg mebby?

What do you think about that?

My only concern is that going to be enough calories for bulking?? 3300 cals is quite low, being already in the one 190-195 range…you would need atleast 4000 or more to add size I would think. I just put your info in the massive eating calculator and you were at 4054 calories.

good luck

Hey

It sounds like a really well thought out plan…in fact I may steal this to lean out on! I really think you’ll be needing to consume more calories. Try adding another 500-800 calories with more of an emphasis on carbs since you’re bulking.

Gotta say I think that is actually a very good starting point. I was at just about the same weight as you when I started bulking in May, little lighter and leaner but fairly the same. I started off at about 2800 and quickly moved up to 3200 over about a month and half as it was needed. then stayed there eventually hitting a gaining plateau, then up to 3500, the same and up to 3800. It is a great way to stay FAIRLY lean and still gvet good results. From what you posted when you eventually do add k/cals I would do as suggested by another and add it to the carbs.

good luck and keep us informed.

Phill

Agree with what everyone else has said and will add that I think you should not be afraid of consuming beef. If you are bulking and your targeted bf% is as reasonable as it is, I would say go with something other than chicken all the time. You don’t have to worry about all your protein being so lean and it will speed up your bulking. You might not need quite as many other fats since you’ll be taking Alpha Male and your test will be high anyways. Good luck.

1. I’m not sure if you have enough calories for bulking. Your stats suggest that you are no newbie (I want to call myself an advanced newbie now lol) so you must have experience of how many calories you need. I don’t know how much of an effect the supplements have too and if they would allow you to make gains on a lower calorie diet. Anyway, something to consider - I definitely think that you would have to up the calories at some point.

2. I’m a big fan of the massive eating guidelines. Meal 1 doesn’t quite follow these guidelines but it’s probably not that big a deal.

3. I think that every meal except for PWO beverages should contain a good wholefood source of protein. Meal 1 doesn’t really have one but seeing as it’s so close to your workout I’m not sure that it matters.

4. I’m not sure about this but meal 1 could be too close to the workout to allow for the meal to be properly digested. Anybody else?

5. I would suggest a good place to add calories would be in your PWO beverages and in your first PWO meal. I think that you could move a greater proportion of your carbs into this period.

6. I think that you could include more veggies, especially green leafy veg. They have all kinds of great anti-oxidants and minerals and other stuff that will help you grow and recover and they also help to lower your daily PRAL score. Spinach is especially good for this.

7. I can’t remember if you included this but green tea is good too

I hope some of this is useful
good luck, hope it all goes well

Your firs meal after your workout is at 10:30, then you don’t eat again until 1:30. I would eat the chicken and brown rice within an hour of your PWO shake with the two bannanas or two sweet potatoes if possible. I would then eat the same thing an hour to an hour and a half after you first meal following the PWO shake.This sounds like a lot, but you are BULKING. You should really be taking advantage of the PWO anabolic window you create. The meals PWO are just as important as breakfast. I would front load most of my Kcals on non workout days, but on training days I like to consume 50% of mine in the first few hours PWO. This seems to really work for me. I would drop the flax that you take with breakfest, and save it for your later meals of the day. Your plan looks pretty good, but I would try to add some potatoes and maybe even some black or kidney beans because these can really give you the extra QUALITY calories that you need. I hope this make some kind sense;)

SlickSnatch

Thanks for all the suggestions guy’s. :slight_smile: I really appreciate you guy’s taking the time to help me out.

Unfortunatly, I posted this late last night, and I left some stuff out. I will be eating steak or lean ground beef on Monday and Wedsday nights during meal 5, in place of the chicken breast of course. I forgot to put the spinach in that I will be eating with my 6th meal aswell. I was planning on using the 3300 calories as a starting point to my bulk. I’ve been calorie deficient for quite some time now, so I want to ease into my bulking cycle some what slow, so that I don’t gain too much bodyfat. I was planning on adding calories on an as needed basis. I wasn’t planning on going over 3600 calories, from fear of gaining to much bodyfat. The reality is I will most likely need to get my calories up to 4000, or close to it, if I want to gain the kind of weight that I want to gain. For some reason I’ve had a hard time excepting that a mesomorph like myself needs to eat that many calories to gain weight. I guess I have a fear of getting fat. LOL :slight_smile: Even though I’ve never been fat in my whole life.

As my bulk progresses, I was planning on adding a peice of wheat bread in with my first meal, aswell as with my post workout meal. I would also like to add an apple in somewhere aswell. Then when I really need to get my calories up, I would add in another cup of brown rice to one of my afternoon meals.

Adding Black or Kidney beans in with my diet was a very good suggestion, and one I would have never thought of. I’m aware of the nutritionial value of various beans, but I have never eaten any of them before in my life, so they completly slipped my mind. What are the best way’s to prepare these beans? Like I said before, I’ve never eatin Black or Kidney beans before, so I’m very open to any suggestions on how to prepare them or make them taste somewhat decent.

Just out of curiosity, how do you guy’s think I should eat on my off day’s. Do I really need 3700-4000 on non workout days?

Thanks again for all the good suggestions and for taking the time to help me out everybody. I appreciate all the help, and I’m very impressed on how quickly all of you picked up on some of my mistakes.

Thanks,
Joey

Red kidney beans and brown rice with a little salt and pepper make for a great meal. You should definitely eat the same amount of calories of off days, otherwise what will your muscles repair themselves with? The exception would be if you were using a calorie/carb cycling scheme in your diet and that doesn’t seem to be the case.

If you go with the dry kidney beans that come in a bag soak them in water overnight, because if you go with the “quick” two hour method your beans will end up hard and crunchy. As for making them palatable try mixing them with tomato sauce and chili seasoning, or put them on a chef salad.