My Death and Rebirth - Chapter 1: Nemesis

6/6/08

What a day.

I went for a walk in the morning for an hour and walked further than I have ever been within my hour parameter. My right calf got sore again which has not happened since last week, probably it was caused by the higher pace.

Meals
4 eggs, 3 sticks of celery, 1 cup of green tea
4oz steak, 1 cup broccoli, 1 tbsp olive oil
4oz chicken, 1 cup cucumbers, 1 tbsp olive oil
4 slices of pizza, 1 cup of coke (cheat meal)

Well my cheat meal thoughts I posted above. Pretty much after eating my pizza I a) did not feel satisfied with the food I ate b) felt like crap. I am thinking its mostly psychological, but if it is so be it. I hope I develop an allergy to crappy food :slight_smile:

For breakfast I tried boiling my eggs instead of an omelet. Well the eggs tasted great but the celery was harder to eat. Also I forgot to add fat to my breakfast. I did not notice this until this morning (6/7/08).

I enjoy cucumbers a lot more than lettuce so I was happy I noticed in Bartl’s PC that cucumbers were ok. In Greece there is a sald type of dish its cucumbers, yogurt, olive oil, white pepper. Its tastes delicious. Granted I did not eat any yogurt with it but it was still good. (side note: the yogurt sauce that most greek restaurants is kind of made the same way, but you add garlic and shred the cucumbers)

Workout wise I skipped my workout yesterday. gasp I decided it would be better for me to have workout 1/2, saturday/sunday instead of friday/saturday since I have more time during the weekends.

I did go to the dog beach though along with my roommate and my dog and spent a good two hours walking and playing with his dog, a Brown Lab.

I am still surprised how disappointed I was with my cheat meal.

6/7/08

Temp: 95.6
HR: 72

Woke up around 9:00am, yay for weekends. I was kind of scarred today, pushing my gym workout to today, having a cheat meal yesterday…potential of breaking newly form habits and going back to having potato chips, cookies and a coke for lunch and chocolate for dessert. I was almost anxious.

So I did what I had to do. Went for my walk, I did not get as far as I did yesterday which was my record, but I still got half a block more than I usually do. I listened to Stabbing Westwards on my Zune, pretty good slow tunes for a sunny morning.

Meals
4 boiled eggs, 3 sticks of celery, 1 tbsp peanut butter, green tea
4oz steak, 1 cup of cucumbers

to come:
4oz chicken, 1 cup broccoli
1 scoop surge
3 scoops Metabolic Drive + 20g glutamine
3 scoops Grow! Whey + 20g glutamine.

I still have not received my Flameout. Its back ordered. So…I am going to GNC (cringe) and buying some inferior product. Lessoned learned from now on I will have 2 Flameout on stock at all times and order more. That way there are no gaps, I wanted to have 8 capsules a day, so a bottle lasts me for 11 days.

Reading Thibs Q&A I noticed how he said for weight loss fish oil is the most important supplement so I decided not to wait for my Biotest order any longer.

My breakfast, since yesterday I had no fat for my breakfast I decided to add peanut butter. I am still not sure if its a good idea or not. I feel more comfortable following a solid plan made by someone that has a clue (aka Thibs in this case) but this is not my PC so I cannot ask questions. Instead I can educate myself and try to make wise decisions.

It also seems that according to Bartl I should avoid the one medium orange I was having. Well I must admit I will miss the taste of it, but sacrifices have to be made for the bigger picture.

Emotionally I am doing great and I have to admit building up some confidence in my abilities to self-moderate myself. Its nice knowing that I am taking care of me. Tomorrow I am planning on measuring myself and on Monday I will weight myself again. I am curious to see what my weight will look like. I want to be hopeful yet I do not want to set myself up for disappointment.

I know that I am not using any HOT-ROX for my supplementation. I am not doing it for financial reasons, I just do not know if its worth it. I tried another fatburner about 5 years ago and it made me feel really light-headed and crappy. I felt like I had a fever and my heart was about to explode. Not taking HOT-ROX will most likely make my progress a bit slower but for now I am ok with that.

Perhaps in the future I will change my mind about HOT-ROX.

[quote]nikoa wrote:
6/7/08

Temp: 95.6
HR: 72

Woke up around 9:00am, yay for weekends. I was kind of scarred today, pushing my gym workout to today, having a cheat meal yesterday…potential of breaking newly form habits and going back to having potato chips, cookies and a coke for lunch and chocolate for dessert. I was almost anxious.

So I did what I had to do. Went for my walk, I did not get as far as I did yesterday which was my record, but I still got half a block more than I usually do. I listened to Stabbing Westwards on my Zune, pretty good slow tunes for a sunny morning.

Meals
4 boiled eggs, 3 sticks of celery, 1 tbsp peanut butter, green tea
4oz steak, 1 cup of cucumbers

to come:
4oz chicken, 1 cup broccoli
1 scoop Surge
3 scoops Metabolic Drive + 20g glutamine
3 scoops Grow! Whey + 20g glutamine.

I still have not received my Flameout. Its back ordered. So…I am going to GNC (cringe) and buying some inferior product. Lessoned learned from now on I will have 2 Flameout on stock at all times and order more. That way there are no gaps, I wanted to have 8 capsules a day, so a bottle lasts me for 11 days.

Reading Thibs Q&A I noticed how he said for weight loss fish oil is the most important supplement so I decided not to wait for my Biotest order any longer.

My breakfast, since yesterday I had no fat for my breakfast I decided to add peanut butter. I am still not sure if its a good idea or not. I feel more comfortable following a solid plan made by someone that has a clue (aka Thibs in this case) but this is not my PC so I cannot ask questions. Instead I can educate myself and try to make wise decisions.

It also seems that according to Bartl I should avoid the one medium orange I was having. Well I must admit I will miss the taste of it, but sacrifices have to be made for the bigger picture.

Emotionally I am doing great and I have to admit building up some confidence in my abilities to self-moderate myself. Its nice knowing that I am taking care of me. Tomorrow I am planning on measuring myself and on Monday I will weight myself again. I am curious to see what my weight will look like. I want to be hopeful yet I do not want to set myself up for disappointment.

I know that I am not using any HOT-ROX for my supplementation. I am not doing it for financial reasons, I just do not know if its worth it. I tried another fatburner about 5 years ago and it made me feel really light-headed and crappy. I felt like I had a fever and my heart was about to explode. Not taking HOT-ROX will most likely make my progress a bit slower but for now I am ok with that.

Perhaps in the future I will change my mind about HOT-ROX. [/quote]

dude, get your ass on HRX. pop two the minute you wake up, go on your walk and try and tell me you don’t think its working.

there are two supplements that I will never go without, well, ok three…HRX, Flameout and SURGE Workout Fuel. Now, you don’t get SURGE Workout Fuel but you can get HRX and Flameout, which you have on back order.

get yourself some HRX.

trust me, its worth it

[quote]Bartl wrote:
dude, get your ass on HRX. pop two the minute you wake up, go on your walk and try and tell me you don’t think its working.

there are two supplements that I will never go without, well, ok three…HRX, Flameout and SURGE Workout Fuel. Now, you don’t get SURGE Workout Fuel but you can get HRX and Flameout, which you have on back order.

get yourself some HRX.

trust me, its worth it[/quote]

Man, you should become Biotest’s salesman :slight_smile:

Well I know you have first hand experience being on HOT-ROX so I will take your word for it. Perhaps it will end up being a good trick on my body by introducing it on week 3 of my “diet”.

Thanks for checking in on me Bartl, I won’t disappoint.

6/8/08

Note: If you are wondering why the hell there is a crab on a tree for the beginning of my post…I blame the attach image button. I thought it would show up at the location I “attached my image” which in this case it was right at the end…now it just looks weird.

Note 2: Crabs are climbing trees stealing our coconuts. RUN, RUN!

Temp: 95.5
HR: 73

Today I actually did my measurements. I was kind of nervous about them, but since I have nothing to compare them to I figured it will not be that bad.

calf 17 1/4
thigh 26
waist 50 1/2
chest 49 3/8
neck 16
arm 16

Obviously I am big now lets see how inches will fluctuate as time progresses.

Meals:
4 boiled omega-3 eggs, 3 sticks of celery, 1 tbsp peanut butter
4 oz steak, 1 cup cucumbers, 1 tbsp olive oil
4 oz chicken, 1 cup broccoli, 1 tbsp olive oil
1 scoop Surge
3 scoops Grow! Whey
1 tbsp peanut butter (maybe it was 1.5 I used an actual spoon because I spaced a little bit…)

I like the weekends I get to eat my food fresh instead of from tupperwear reheated in the microwave. The chicken was delicious, I think the garlic powder and paprika I used on it give it a really good taste. I over-salted them a bit this time. I keep having trouble with salt, I did not cook with salt for years so I over-estimate at times since my natural tendency is to go low, I force myself to put more…which sometimes is not a good idea.

Workout

A1 Squat: 9x90, 9x90, 7x110, 7x100, 5x120, 5x120
A2 Romanian Deadlift 9x50, 9x50, 7x60, 7x60, 5x70, 5x80
B1 Leg Press 9x270, 8x290, 7x310, 6x340
B2 Leg Curl 9x95, 8x115, 7x125, 6x135
C1 Bulgarian Leg Squats 7x20 DB
C2 Standing Leg Curl 7x70

Leg work outs are always rough. I was still kind of sore from my morning walk so I was afraid that I would not be able to perform my workout well. Turned out I had nothing to worry about. I tried to be very accurate with my tempo and I was succesful. I still have the tendency to hold the neutral/rest position. Every time I did weights in the past I would hold for a 1 or 2 count. Going from that to 0 count feels akward, I will keep on it and hopefully by the end of this week my tempo will be perfect.

Romanian Deadlift, I can finally say that I feel 100% comfortable doing this exercise. I got no back pain and really felt my hamstrings getting a work out. My tempo was perfect and I was even able to go up by 10 pounds on my 5 rep set. To whoever is reading this if you ever wonder how to do an exercise properly go to google videos or youtube and just type the exercise name. Avoid the videos that talk about weight numbers, as in 400lbs squat videos, tend to suck since they are focusing on lifting the weight not on the form. There are plenty of companies/people that post their videos on proper form and best of all its free.

My Leg Press and Curls both went up in weight while having a better tempo than last week. Leg Press is becoming one of my favorite exercises. I can lift heavy and I definitely feel a burn on my Quads, plus I get to see how my leg muscles are being flexed while I am pushing.

Hardest exercise of the day, the Bulgarian Legs Squats, not only its a squat with one leg but you also have to deal with the whole balance issue. Only had to do 7 reps, but they were hellish. I was huffing and puffing at the end.

So what did I do after my leg workout? Cardio of course, 45 mins on the elliptical trainer on resistance 4, 380 burned calories later I stepped of and kind of limped to my car. One of the things that sucks in my gym is that all the equipment is on the second floor, so every time I workout I have to go down stairs. Which is a rather difficult task when your legs are all shaking from the weight lifting and tired from the cardio. The solution is walk like a crap, which is sideways for the uneducated :stuck_out_tongue:

6/9/08

So…woke up today, Monday is scale day.

Temp: 95.4
HR: 74

I looked at the scale for a while. I wondered, will it show higher or lower than 283.6…was my diet working…has this all been for nothing.

I took a deep breath and stepped on it. I closed my eyes…even though all I had to do was not to look down. I weighted for the electronic scale to beep.

I looked down and displayed:

I was ecstatic, 6.6 lbs lost in 9 days. The diet, the long workout, all the walks and cardio…its working. There is a long ahead of me, there is no doubt about that, even at a rate of 6 lbs a week, to reach 250, which its still fat I need 5 weeks. For now 250 is my mini goal, to get a weight lower than my 2006 weight.

Meals
4 egg omelet, 3 sticks of celery, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1/4 cup cheddar, 1 or 2 tbsp of crappy cafeteria oil
4 oz steak, 1 cup broccoli, 1 tbsp olive oil
4 oz chicken, 1 cup cucumbers, 1 tbsp olive oil

To come
3 scoops Low-Carb Metabolic Drive
3 scoops Grow! Whey

Funny story about my eggs. I boiled 8 eggs yesterday morning so I can eat 4 today, they were the nice and healthy omega-3 eggs. Anyway, they were cold so I decided to microwave them for a little bit while I was eating my celery with peanut butter. I put them in for 45 secs and they were still kind of cold so I decided to put them in for another minute.

Well that was a bad idea. Right after the 1 min I heard the microwaving beeping…and a “pop” kind of noise. One of my eggs exploded. The microwave was the mess and it smelled pretty bad which totally did not make me want to eat the other three eggs. I decided to throw them out and I have a 4 egg omelet in the cafeteria instead, which of course ended up being a lot more fatty than normally, but its better than my old breakfast, chocolate chip muffin and orange juice.

I have no work outs to do for the day, but I have already done my morning walk and planning on doing one more tonight. In my morning walk I have started seeing regular morning walkers, they have started to say hi to me, I guess they are recognizing me from last week. Its like a secret fitness club that meets on the strees of San Diego in the morning.

id eat that crab

than do some deadlifts
lol
good job so far