My Deadlift: 405x30

I tried this the other day (Mind you, I just straight rep them).

I got to 15 and thought I was going to die. I got a long way to go! nice lifting.

[quote]elliotnewman1 wrote:
fat wilhelm wrote:
Just something a little different during our pull session on Friday. Long and kind of boring…

UMM. Strong lifting, but a strange way of doing 30 reps. Why didnt you just do 3 * 10 with 3 or 4 mins rest between sets. On this long set your rests between reps seem pretty uneven.

Anyway. Good work
[/quote]

This rep scheme allowed more total work. If he did 3 sets of 10, he probably wouldn’t be able to handle that weight. It’s like the difference between doing 3 sets of 10, or 10 sets of 3. The latter would allow more weight to be used, and thus more total work.

Nice way to lift over 12,000 pounds in a workout.

What is your DL max?

man i can’t stand those damn 12 sided plates. sucks trying to lift from the floor with them. regardless nice pulling.

[quote]sapasion wrote:
Fat W were you wearing slippers on your feet?[/quote]

Nope – Chuck Taylors.

[quote]Soco wrote:
Nice way to lift over 12,000 pounds in a workout.

What is your DL max?[/quote]

It’s was 560 last time I tested, but that was after quite a bit of work. I actually followed that max up w/ 405x20, which led to this little experiment. I might test again this coming week. I think I can just about get six plates. I’d like to hit 600 by year end. We’ll see…

Hi, Donut.

Fat,
Nice work. Although I’m a little conerned of you motives, it was damn immpresive. If you are concerned about raising your max to 600, there are much easier ways to do it. BTW, I like your St. Wilhelms site.

[quote]dead_lifter5000 wrote:
Fat,
Nice work. Although I’m a little conerned of you motives, it was damn immpresive. If you are concerned about raising your max to 600, there are much easier ways to do it. BTW, I like your St. Wilhelms site. [/quote]

What do you mean you’re concerned about my motives?

I know there are far better ways to up my max. I rarely do anything like that… it was just a novelty session. Typically, it’s singles on deads for me. Sometimes, I’ll do dynamic work w/ chains. I guarantee I won’t be doing that again, though.

Thanks for the compliment on my site. It was sort of a joke that a bunch of guys at Sherdog started, but then we figured we’d try to expand it a bit.

By the way DL5000, I just looked at your profile. Nice numbers!

Ehhh. Thanks for the compliments. I’m grinding through some gears right now.

My only point in saying what I said (wierd huh), was that sessions like that could hinder you more in the long run.

Nevertheless, friggin impressive.

Well if anything thats some mental toughness training. Im sure it also pushed back your barfing reflex.

Does everyones gym have a “Hollywood”?

Mine does…we call him Mr. Flex. 5’9" and all of 130 soaking wet. When he is not flexing in the mirror with his shirt off he is hoisting up some 20# DB’s and grunting out all 10 reps. Its nice motivation but gets annoying after he comes over to watch us lift…well him and the rest of the gym.

Tell Hollywood to join your for a set. :slight_smile:

-Greg

you mean 315 x 30?

[quote]greggonzo1 wrote:
Does everyones gym have a “Hollywood”?[/quote]

Ha - I’m pretty sure about that. Everywhere I’ve trained, there seems to be that one guy that fits the mold.

[quote]Rusty Barbell wrote:
you mean 315 x 30? [/quote]

Ummm… no. It’s 405. 4 plates a side is 405, dude.

I’m going to have to watch this when I get home… My max is also a touch over 500, but doing 30x405 is very very impressive. I would think if you can do that, your max is probably much higher.

Kudos!!!

Nice job man. And I’m seeing this just about a week after starting my own sort-of 20-rep dead routine. Good times.

I have to say, though, I think the real highlight of the vid is Hollywood struggling oh-so-valiantly on 2 sets of 3 with 185 on the incline bench. HardKore!!

looks like 3 to me, maybe my eyes are bad, but i watched it pretty closely…

looks like 3 to me, maybe my eyes are bad, but i watched it pretty closely…[/quote]
Well there’s this guy called fat_wilhelm who was there - why don’t you ask him?

[quote]Colucci wrote:
I have to say, though, I think the real highlight of the vid is Hollywood struggling oh-so-valiantly on 2 sets of 3 with 185 on the incline bench. HardKore!![/quote]

Poor Hollywood is taking a beating. I sure hope he doesn’t read any training forums. On second thought, I’m 99% sure he doesn’t.

Rusty, it was four plates. If I wanted to lie about what I did, I sure as hell wouldn’t have posted video that proved myself a liar. I actually recorded it in high def if you want me to ftp you a 2.3 GB file.

looks like 3 to me, maybe my eyes are bad, but i watched it pretty closely…[/quote]

Yours eyes are not bad, they are terrible, really hope you don’t drive on the road.

Great pulling. I often said to myself …if I could do twenty reps using 300lbs I should be pretty built. I then realized…maybe not. I then upped it to 350lbs for 20 reps. You just completely fucked my whole belief system.
Ps. I do them continuously but what does it matter.