My Deadlift: 405x30

Just something a little different during our pull session on Friday. Long and kind of boring…

nice dude!

[quote]fat wilhelm wrote:
Just something a little different during our pull session on Friday. Long and kind of boring…

Long and kind of hard…

[quote]aussie486 wrote:
fat wilhelm wrote:

Long and kind of hard…

[/quote]

exactly. nice pullin homey

nice work

Damn nice lifting.

What was with the guy in the white tank top coming over and watching? That would annoy me. Maybe it helped you get a few reps in?

Keep it up man.

That takes some serious determination and strength, good job.

interesting, sort of like 30 rest-pause reps. looked hard. i will NOT be trying that ANYTIME soon, LOL.

[quote]fat wilhelm wrote:

UMM. Strong lifting, but a strange way of doing 30 reps. Why didnt you just do 3 * 10 with 3 or 4 mins rest between sets. On this long set your rests between reps seem pretty uneven.

Anyway. Good work

[quote]elliotnewman1 wrote:

UMM. Strong lifting, but a strange way of doing 30 reps. Why didnt you just do 3 * 10 with 3 or 4 mins rest between sets. On this long set your rests between reps seem pretty uneven.

Anyway. Good work
[/quote]

I wanted to do it as one set, or whatever resembled “one set”. I don’t rep deads one after another. In fact, I rarely do anything more than singles. I think setting the weight down and immediately bringing it back up when you’re fatigued is what leads to rounding of the back. I prefer to reset to make sure my form is in check each pull. The uneven pauses were do solely to the fact that I thought I may die and I needed extra rest on some reps to regroup.

gg, yeah, we call the guy in the white tanktop “Hollywood”. That was pretty irritating. I don’t think he knew we were filming.

Damn! Nice video.

Good god man,

now I feel like;
a) a wimp
and
b) lazy

That’s real nice form too. How’re the back & hams feeling now? :smiley:

Strong, real strong. That`s some real honest to goodness T-Nation right there. Great Job.

[quote]t-ha wrote:
Good god man,

now I feel like;
a) a wimp
and
b) lazy

That’s real nice form too. How’re the back & hams feeling now? :smiley:

[/quote]

My hamstrings aren’t too bad, actually, but my lower back has never been so sore. I’m definitely a bit more of a back puller than a leg puller.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys.

The guy pulls 405 thirty times and someone is complaining about his rest/tempo? hahah yea man, good job but your TUT is gonna be all fucked up.

so did you know that guy who kept talking to you.

that would have pissed me right off.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
interesting, sort of like 30 rest-pause reps. looked hard. i will NOT be trying that ANYTIME soon, LOL.[/quote]

Same here. If I tried that I know I will be dead sick the next day.

Awesome work man. Nice to see you outside of Sherdog S&P.

Fat W were you wearing slippers on your feet?

Damn how can your DL max only be 560?

strange.