T Nation

My Cutting Diet

Hey Guys,

First time posting on T-Nation, so I hope you guys can give me some solid advice. I’m currently rolling at about 156.5 to 157 pounds and I need to be at 155 for weigh-in 2 hours before a grappling tournament. I would like to be at 155 midday just so I know that I will have a solid amount of energy to compete. I don’t wanna have to weigh in on a completely empty stomach or dehydrated or anything because it will kill my performance. Anyway, here is my current diet. I started off about 5 weeks ago with an intra workout drink of 20g whey and 35g waxy maize and about 50 to 60g of starches postworkout. And then 3 weeks ago dropped the intra workout drink and just had post workout starches.

Current Diet:
Meal 1 (8:30am)
1 whole egg, 1 cup egg whites, 30g havarti or old cheddar
1 teaspoon coconut oil
Salad with 2 cups spinach, 1 cup cucumbers, 1/2 cup brocolli, 3 strawberries
1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 fish oil Caps

Meal 2 (12:00pm)
5 oz Turkey, Chicken, Salmon with salt/pepper and other spices
3 servings veggies (Green Beans, Asparagus, Sweet Bell Peppers, Broccoli or Cauliflower)
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 Fish Oil Caps

Meal 3 (4:00pm)
3 servings veggies (Green Beans, Asparagus, Sweet Bell Peppers, Broccoli or Cauliflower)
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 Fish Oil Caps

Meal 4 (7:30pm)
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 Fish Oil Caps

Meal 5 (10:30pm)
1 scoop Gaspari Myfusion, 2 tbsp flax seed, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
2 servings veggies (Snap peas, Carrots, Broccoli)
2 Fish Oil Caps

I also take about 5-10g of BCAA throughout the day, most come during training as well as 5g or so of creatine. I’ve been doing this type of diet for the past 10 or so days and just want to know if its going to work for me. I don’t really seem to be losing as much as I thought considering I dropped the postworkout starches and at that time I was basically maintaining my weight.

Any help would be great guys!