T Nation

My Confessions

Forgive me T-Nation goers!!

1. On my squats i barely squat to parallel.

I know! I know!! but realization is the first road to recovery. I will start box squats to make sure i go low enough and when i do normal squats i will put my ego aside and go ass to the grass.

2. I haven’t done a deloading week in a long time. like a few months.

I gonna start doing them like when i switch up programs in order to let my body recover.

3. I have not been consistently consuming even at least one gram of protein per pound of lean body mass.

I know this is one of the cardinal sins of bodybuilding. Forgive me!!

4.I have not been consistently staying with a program.

I switch programs like every third workout. I just get the itch to try something new and this inconsistency will not lead to solid gains.

5.I have made excuses for all of the above sins…until now.

Like i said, confessing is the first step on the road to recovery and i hope with this post i will have the willpower to go through with some new year’s resolutions and change my body. l8trz.

Admitting your mistakes is the first step. Now that you have admitted what you are doing wrong, you know what you have to do to fix it. Get out there and start working hard and keep us posted.

You have admitted you have a problem. Now all you have to do is acknowledge the existence of a higher power.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Forgive me T-Nation goers!!

1. On my squats i barely squat to parallel.

I know! I know!! but realization is the first road to recovery. I will start box squats to make sure i go low enough and when i do normal squats i will put my ego aside and go ass to the grass.

2. I haven’t done a deloading week in a long time. like a few months.

I gonna start doing them like when i switch up programs in order to let my body recover.

3. I have not been consistently consuming even at least one gram of protein per pound of lean body mass.

I know this is one of the cardinal sins of bodybuilding. Forgive me!!

4.I have not been consistently staying with a program.

I switch programs like every third workout. I just get the itch to try something new and this inconsistency will not lead to solid gains.

5.I have made excuses for all of the above sins…until now.

Like i said, confessing is the first step on the road to recovery and i hope with this post i will have the willpower to go through with some new year’s resolutions and change my body. l8trz.

[/quote]

I’ve been guilty of a few of those at one point or another…oh well

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
You have admitted you have a problem. Now all you have to do is acknowledge the existence of a higher power.[/quote]

I’ve already done this!! Whoo Im on the track to success.

i don’t stretch, i guess i feel like to much of a dork laying on the ground in the middle of the gym to stretch.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
i don’t stretch, i guess i feel like to much of a dork laying on the ground in the middle of the gym to stretch.[/quote]

That’s good. You should be doing dynamic warmups anywaw!

I know I look like a dork doing fire hydrants and spiderman walks, but I’ll be injury free in the long run. Fair trade, in my estimation.

[quote]swordthrower wrote:
evansmi wrote:
i don’t stretch, i guess i feel like to much of a dork laying on the ground in the middle of the gym to stretch.

That’s good. You should be doing dynamic warmups anywaw!

I know I look like a dork doing fire hydrants and spiderman walks, but I’ll be injury free in the long run. Fair trade, in my estimation. [/quote]

yeah ive heard that dynamic stretches are way better. I guess i should start stretching too.

yeah ive heard that dynamic stretches are way better.[/quote]

Horses for courses - depends on what you want to achieve.

yeah?

yeah?[/quote]

Definitely, what are your goals regarding stretching?

I never turn in early enough. When it comes to training, I am the most dededicated man you will ever find. I eat clean, I don’t smoke or drink but I don’t have the “willpower” to adhere to a strict sleeping schedule. I have no excuse, this is a proof of sheer weakness.

[quote]Maldoror wrote:
I never turn in early enough. When it comes to training, I am the most dededicated you will ever find. I eat clean, I don’t smoke or drink but I don’t have the “willpower” to adhere to a strict sleeping schedule. I have no excuse, this is a proof of sheer weakness.[/quote]

You’re not the only one with this issue.

awww. a place where everyone can open up!!

[quote]AlphaDragon wrote:
Maldoror wrote:
I never turn in early enough. When it comes to training, I am the most dededicated you will ever find. I eat clean, I don’t smoke or drink but I don’t have the “willpower” to adhere to a strict sleeping schedule. I have no excuse, this is a proof of sheer weakness.

You’re not the only one with this issue.

[/quote]
Yeah I know. This aspect of the “bodybuilding lifestyle” should be considered as paramount. However,a small minority of trainees seems to be concerned with it. Why would not we have a sleeping log?

Sometimes when I’m feeling extra lazy, I stick some breaded chicken breasts in the oven and call it dinner. Forgive me!

I’m also afraid to taste cottage cheese. I just mix it with peanut butter, put it on my tongue and wash it down with water.

I have the hots for my best friend’s mo–whoops, that doesn’t belong here!

1. The ultimate confession: I bench more than I squat. But, I’m working on it. For years I was a stupid kid and neglected/halfassed leg workouts. I will get it fixed eventually.
    In my defense, I do bench 425.

2. I only sleep about 5 hr/night. Wife, kid, job, gym. What are you gonna do?

3. If not for the obvious reasons against it, I would eat cheesecake (chocolate chip cookie dough) every day, including for breakfast.

4. I don’t take fish oil.

5. I watch American Idol. If you don’t think that stuff is funny, there’s something wrong with you. Or maybe its me.

I masterbated while reading this thread (sniff,sniff) sorry guys.

[quote]another wrote:
I masterbated while reading this thread (sniff,sniff) sorry guys.[/quote]

Its okay…we still love you…

[quote]Vyapada wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
yeah?

Definitely, what are your goals regarding stretching?[/quote]

I don’t know i guess strength wise.(im training powerlifting style)