My Competition Totals

this competition saturday. Weighed in at 75kg. Snatched 80k,85k, 90(miss)
c and jerk 106k and missed cleand and jerk 110k ( cleaned it but missed it back). I am trying to get the videos. I will post it once I get it. I would like to thank Koing and The Jonty for all the inputs you have provided. thanks

Cool man. What were you aiming for and how were your thoughts?

Koing

Koing I was going for a 200 total. It was quite possible too. I miseed 110kg jerk behind and 90kg snatch in front. I thought my issue was the leg strenght for sure. Just getting up from 110kg squat took a lot out of me cause i missed the bounce. It was great meet too.

Nick Roberts, one of the best Canadian weighlifters organized it. The winner lifted 100/120 which was only 80% of his lift at (76kg). He did 110 and 132 three months ago in the provincial. Overall I had fun lifting it. I will have to add 30kg to qualify as a 77kg i the nationals which is kind of hard. But lets see what happens.

[quote]dnd611 wrote:
Koing I was going for a 200 total. It was quite possible too. I miseed 110kg jerk behind and 90kg snatch in front. I thought my issue was the leg strenght for sure. Just getting up from 110kg squat took a lot out of me cause i missed the bounce. It was great meet too.

Nick Roberts, one of the best Canadian weighlifters organized it. The winner lifted 100/120 which was only 80% of his lift at (76kg). He did 110 and 132 three months ago in the provincial. Overall I had fun lifting it. I will have to add 30kg to qualify as a 77kg i the nationals which is kind of hard. But lets see what happens. [/quote]

When is your next comp? Start heavier next time.

What sorts of weights have you been squatting? It’s also different in comp after 3 heavy Sn attempts so unless you regularly CJ after heavy Sn you won’t get the same feelings.

220kg as a 77kg for nationals?

It’s 225kg in British at 77.
245 @ 85
260 @ 94
275 @ 105

Nothing to stop you adding 30kg in to your total within the next 12-18-24months. Just chip away at it. Consistent training trumps anything else.

Koing

Koing the 1 week before competition I have front squatted 130kg. I usually train snatch and clean and jerk in the same day. But its so different during competion. You feel just exhausted. yah my goal is to squat three to 4 times a week along with the lifts to bring my total up. I still have room to gain more quality weight to fill in as 77kg. seems very possible to me.

[quote]dnd611 wrote:
Koing the 1 week before competition I have front squatted 130kg. I usually train snatch and clean and jerk in the same day. But its so different during competion. You feel just exhausted. yah my goal is to squat three to 4 times a week along with the lifts to bring my total up. I still have room to gain more quality weight to fill in as 77kg. seems very possible to me.[/quote]

Gaining weight will help you out for sure. Cutting weight is the fastest way to lose gains so you have the advantage of weight gain on your side.

The more comps you do the more you can lift without burning out so much. Try and relax and get away from the comp until it’s your turn to start your prep, warm up etc. Watching people lift then you lifting later on is tiring IMO.

Koing

[quote]dnd611 wrote:
Nick Roberts, one of the best Canadian weighlifters organized it.[/quote]
Is he still training weightlifting? I think I’ve stumbled on one or two videos of him squatting but haven’t seen anything of the lifts, though I suppose his suspension only ended earlier this year.

[quote]Koing wrote:
When is your next comp? Start heavier next time.[/quote]
You would say that.

There should be room to stack a few more kgs on your total, especially if you still have room to put on some bodyweight. It’s so much more fun growing into a weight class than it is trying to stay within one. I might start a petition to bring back the old 110kg weight class.

@jonty he has taken some time out from weightlifting and focusing on powerlifting. He will be making his debut in November this year. Its hard in Newfoundland most of us are beginners. Its hard for a lifter like him to excel in this environment

[quote]dnd611 wrote:
@jonty he has taken some time out from weightlifting and focusing on powerlifting. He will be making his debut in November this year. Its hard in Newfoundland most of us are beginners. Its hard for a lifter like him to excel in this environment[/quote]
Yeah, if you want to be the best, you need to surround yourself with great lifters who are also striving to be the best. Competition breeds excellence. He was training in Quebec when he hit his best numbers, wasn’t he?

@jonty yes! he was in Quebec when he was hitting his best lifts. Newfoundland have a better atmosphere in powerlifting. Weighlifting is not that popular

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
When is your next comp? Start heavier next time.[/quote]
You would say that.

There should be room to stack a few more kgs on your total, especially if you still have room to put on some bodyweight. It’s so much more fun growing into a weight class than it is trying to stay within one. I might start a petition to bring back the old 110kg weight class.[/quote]

I meant to start his entries higher next time, not his bw. Go in at whatever bw you feel comfortable with.

Koing