My College Sucks

My college sucks because the dining staff won’t let us take food out of the dining halls. So, I rely on protein shakes and oatmeal when I’m not eating in the dining halls.

I’m having trouble finding a way to add healthy fats and fiber to my protein shakes however. I have tried milled flax seeds, but this tastes like pure garbage. I’ve heard of people adding olive oil to protein shakes, does this actually taste ok?

Also, are there any healthy fat/protein supplements besides Muscle Milk, which contains glycacyamine?

Dude, first of all, quit being Beaver Cleaver and just steal some shit from the chow hall. That’s what pockets/backpacks are for.

Second of all, buy some almonds or mixed nuts. Third of all, I’ve been drinking Muscle Milk for a few months now and I’m still alive. And I’m not the only one. I’ve yet to see someone in the obituaries as having died from MM.

Good Luck.
DD

[quote]devilBASTARDdog wrote:
Dude, first of all, quit being Beaver Cleaver and just steal some shit from the chow hall. That’s what pockets/backpacks are for.

Second of all, buy some almonds or mixed nuts. Third of all, I’ve been drinking Muscle Milk for a few months now and I’m still alive. And I’m not the only one. I’ve yet to see someone in the obituaries as having died from MM.

Good Luck.
DD[/quote]

What he said. You paid for the food, so it’s not stealing as long as you eat it. Seriously.

Go to the supermarket and look for high-protein snacks for when the cafeteria isn’t open. My cafeteria has fried-food crap from 7:00 PM to 12:00 Saturday nights, then it’s closed until 10:30 AM Sundays. I’m glad I don’t live in a dorm anymore. “Unlimited meal plan”, my foot.

Does your dorm room have a microwave and a refrigator?

[quote]FootSoldier wrote:
My college sucks because the dining staff won’t let us take food out of the dining halls. So, I rely on protein shakes and oatmeal when I’m not eating in the dining halls.[/quote]

Hey there is this new thing. Not sure if you’ve heard about it. It’s called a grocery store. I know. Calm down. I was excited when I heard about it too.

As long as you don’t add too much you won’t even taste it. It is a good way to get in some fat.

Please tell me you don’t consider Muscle Milk “healthy”?

If funds are an issue, I would recommend a part time weekend job working for a catering company, restaurant, hotel, sports bar, grocery store, or working at a nutrition shop or gym to receive the benefits of food and supps as well as some pay. You could meet people and get food discounts (not a bad gig).

Check out part time jobs:

You can’t taste olive oil (I usually add a tablespoon per 16oz or so) as long as you shake it right before you take a sip.

Grab some tupperware, and just throw sandwhiches into it then put it into your bag. Thats what I do.

The food there really sucks anyway. I usually try to get 10-12 eggs cuz they are the best thing there lol. Egg whites at night before you go to sleep and throughout the day as a snack.

Peanut butter. Get your fat and some extra protein.

Guy, there are PLENTY of ways to sneak food out of the caf…like someone else suggested, tupperware is your best friend!! I take hard-boiled eggs, chicken breasts, deli meats, you name it…

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:
Guy, there are PLENTY of ways to sneak food out of the caf…like someone else suggested, tupperware is your best friend!! I take hard-boiled eggs, chicken breasts, deli meats, you name it…[/quote]

It’s all about just flirting with the cafeteria ladies. Never fails. Especially when you’re as stunningly good looking as I am.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
cardinal25 wrote:
Guy, there are PLENTY of ways to sneak food out of the caf…like someone else suggested, tupperware is your best friend!! I take hard-boiled eggs, chicken breasts, deli meats, you name it…

It’s all about just flirting with the cafeteria ladies. Never fails. Especially when you’re as stunningly good looking as I am.[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head…

I am just now reading this, but when did colleges EVER let you take food out? You ALWAYS had to sneak it out in your backpack. This isn’t anything new. That’s why you get up early on Saturdays and fill up half gallon containers with milk. That’s why you learn what Tupperware is.

By the time we moved out, we must have had over 80 “borrowed” forks and spoons.