T Nation

My Circuit. - Advice Please

I’m 14… and here is what i do, 10 months in…advice is welcome as well al critilizing.

Bench:—7x3========165p
Preacher curl:----8x4========15p-25p-30p-(40p 6x)
Incline Press:----10x4=======30p bells.
Shoulderpress:----12x3========50p
Pecdeck:-----8x4========120p
ShoulderShrugg’s:----10x4======115p
LegExtensions:----14x4======100p
Forearm push down:----8x4=======50p
I lay on the bench with my stomach facing it, and grab the 40p bells sitting about where my hips are and pull them up towards my hips 12x,4sets…dont know what its called.
To finish I do 50 pushup’s.
core workout before or after pushups as well.

=this is every second day

**as Critisizing or w,e

I was going to start criticizing it, but man, it’s just really, really bad. But hey, you’re 14 and working out, so that’s awesome. Look up some of the programs that have been written on this site, or Starting Strength, or WS4SB, or anything other than what you’re doing.

And also, what’s your diet like? That will make the biggest difference to your progress.

For breakfast I have a whey isolate chocolate protein shake, with a peanut butter sandwich.
for lunch I have a protein bar and a chicken blt from timmy’s.
For dinner I usually have steak or lean beef in tacos(all of my dinners have alot of meat in em).
my greens vary but i dont eat much of em

Do bench and tbar row in a superset for 4 sets. Make these your main lifts. Set goals for what weight you want to achieve in the mid future and far future

Then do your accessory work afterword in supersets of 3 or 4 sets

[quote]celtics2022 wrote:
Do bench and tbar row in a superset for 4 sets. Make these your main lifts. Set goals for what weight you want to achieve in the mid future and far future

Then do your accessory work afterword in supersets of 3 or 4 sets[/quote]

What? You see a 14 year old with obviously very little knowledge about training (no offense meant OP), and you tell him ‘superset bench and tbar row, and then do other stuff, in supersets.’

OP if I were you I would disregard celtic’s post, read lots about training, nutrition, and do an actual program written by someone else, until you know enough to make your own.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

What? You see a 14 year old with obviously very little knowledge about training (no offense meant OP), and you tell him ‘superset bench and tbar row, and then do other stuff, in supersets.’

OP if I were you I would disregard celtic’s post, read lots about training, nutrition, and do an actual program written by someone else, until you know enough to make your own.[/quote]

chest and back is the most common superset there is. Learn to train.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

OP if I were you I would disregard celtic’s post, read lots about training, nutrition, and do an actual program written by someone else, until you know enough to make your own.[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you kidding? I don’t even know whether to argue with you or not because you are so ridiculous.

Who cares if chest and back is the most common superset there is? It’s still just dumb, and borderline irresponsible, to come here and tell a kid new to working out to superset bench and rows and then superset other stuff.

Yes, supersetting bench and rows might be a fine part of some programs. ‘Superset bench and rows and also superset other stuff’ is still about the worst workout plan I’ve ever heard, especially when you’re saying it to someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Learn to not be an idiot.

Yeahhhhh gotta say supersets are a long way off the radar at 14…

Do basic shit, dont go crazy on volume and get stronger. Your body will respond.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

[/quote]

Are you kidding? I don’t even know whether to argue with you or not because you are so ridiculous.

Who cares if chest and back is the most common superset there is? It’s still just dumb, and borderline irresponsible, to come here and tell a kid new to working out to superset bench and rows and then superset other stuff.

Yes, supersetting bench and rows might be a fine part of some programs. ‘Superset bench and rows and also superset other stuff’ is still about the worst workout plan I’ve ever heard, especially when you’re saying it to someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Learn to not be an idiot.[/quote]

look BRO, i read your training log. You’ve been working out for 5 years and for me in 6 months of hard work natty i am only around 20 lbs less than you on all lifts. Just putting it in perspective for you.

To op:
Bench and row in a superset then once you’ve done that 4 times do other upper body things in supersets such as triceps pushdown and behind the back shrugs

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

[/quote]

Learn to not be an idiot.[/quote]

look BRO, i read your training log. You’ve been working out for 5 years and for me in 6 months of hard work natty i am only around 20 lbs less than you on all lifts. Just putting it in perspective for you.

To op:
Bench and row in a superset then once you’ve done that 4 times do other upper body things in supersets such as triceps pushdown and behind the back shrugs[/quote]

20 pounds less than me on all lifts? Well then, 295 bench, 455 deadlift and 355 squat is pretty impressive for 6 months training, well done.

Your advice is still retarded, and after checking out your hub I’ve come to the conclusion that you’re a troll, because every one of your posts is idiotic and just gets you torn apart. OP, PLEASE do not listen to this man.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

20 pounds less than me on all lifts? Well then, 295 bench, 455 deadlift and 355 squat is pretty impressive for 6 months training, well done.

Your advice is still retarded, and after checking out your hub I’ve come to the conclusion that you’re a troll, because every one of your posts is idiotic and just gets you torn apart. OP, PLEASE do not listen to this man.[/quote]

Dude, it took you 5 YEARS to bench 315! Seriously! Think about that!

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

Your advice is still retarded, and after checking out your hub I’ve come to the conclusion that you’re a troll, because every one of your posts is idiotic and just gets you torn apart. OP, PLEASE do not listen to this man.[/quote]

Dude, it took you 5 YEARS to bench 315! Seriously! Think about that! [/quote]

LOL yeah I know, I say in my log, literally right beside where it says 5 years, that I spun my wheels a lot for the first while, especially with not eating enough to gain. That has nothing to do with you giving the OP the worst training advice I’ve ever seen.

And you know what, fuck you, 315’s not even bad.

GUYS !!

Can we get back to helping the guy out he obviusly needs some direction !

then you can have your chick fight on msn or something im sure of that

@op // Thelilguy

its good to see that you have started working out and that you are eating lots of meat !

That is the first steps when starting training.

i would as Gmoore also suggest that you do a program that has been proven to build up a good foundation so that your body wont get injured or somehow hurt doing strenght training.

In the beginning that can be frustrating because that you will want to start the advanced stuff. but just as quickly as the advanced programming and exercises can bring you ahead it can get you down as well when you are only just beginning training. i would recommend one of these training programs

stronglifts 5x5

or Dan john Lessons from southwood

Stronglifts 5x5 is properly the best in my opinion because it resembles what you are doing now the most and then when you have learned a little about training you can shift to the other program

As for diet. I hope that in your age you understand the importance of eating correctly. You will need imense energi to grow not only because of all the training but also natural growth spurts like height and so. the time for dieting is NOT now. at 14 year old you are better off doing somekind of running/basketball/soccer instead of diet.

as for exercise if you dont know if you have the right technique for squats or dealifts or whatever. be sure to have somebody teach you early on ! some people put videos up of their technique but at age 14 i would advice you to get some real life coaching…

hope this helps.