Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Flyes
Flat Bench Press
Flat Dumbbell Press
Standing Cable Flyes
Weighted Pushups
Dips

Sets: 4 each exercise Reps- 8-10

You can be the ones to judge my workout! try it and tell me what you think.

[quote]ZachGraham18 wrote:
Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Flyes
Flat Bench Press
Flat Dumbbell Press
Standing Cable Flyes
Weighted Pushups
Dips

You can be the ones to judge my workout! try it and tell me what you think. [/quote]
This snapshot is too far out of context for anyone to give useful feedback.

What kinds of weight are you lifting with your presses and dips?

What does the rest of your training program look like (exercises, sets, reps, weights)?

In your profile, you say “I go to the YMCA 5 days week and do weight training and cardio twice as well weekly.” If you’re only doing two weight training workouts each week and this is one workout, that’s a big problem.

I will say, though, that you’re wasting a lot of time and energy doing repetitive movements. You don’t need to do incline presses and flat benching and flat dumbbell pressing and incline flyes and cable flyes all in one workout.

It depends a bit on your entire program structure, but for now, try sticking with one or two presses and one flye movement per workout.

Good call putting this in the beginners forum.

An obvious tip would be to put your bench press first (assuming you posted the workout in the order you complete them). This is going to do a few things for you:

1. Allow you to hammer out more weight on the bench.
  2. Have you lifting in a complex exercise like the bench while your joints are still in peak condition.

my 2c

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Flyes
Flat Bench Press
Flat Dumbbell Press
Standing Cable Flyes
Weighted Pushups
Dips

You can be the ones to judge my workout! try it and tell me what you think. [/quote]
This snapshot is too far out of context for anyone to give useful feedback.

What kinds of weight are you lifting with your presses and dips?

What does the rest of your training program look like (exercises, sets, reps, weights)?

In your profile, you say “I go to the YMCA 5 days week and do weight training and cardio twice as well weekly.” If you’re only doing two weight training workouts each week and this is one workout, that’s a big problem.

I will say, though, that you’re wasting a lot of time and energy doing repetitive movements. You don’t need to do incline presses and flat benching and flat dumbbell pressing and incline flyes and cable flyes all in one workout.

It depends a bit on your entire program structure, but for now, try sticking with one or two presses and one flye movement per workout.[/quote]

This is only my “CHEST” workout i do every single muscle group and i do it twice a week i just love working my chest it is my favourite muscle group so i was just wondering if those exercises were good enough for my workout routine, but now i know haha

Wait, you do full body 2x a week? So you do that program 2x a week in addition to the rest of your body?

How many exercises do you do each day?

Either you have incredible stamina or a lot of time, and I salute you if its the first.

So wait, you have a day devoted to your splenius and peroneals?

hahah i was jsut showing my chest workout schedule i workout every muscle groups in the week i go everyday of week for about an hour and half to two hours range but i only work out one major muscle group per day but also add abs every second day as well, but i only do chest,legs and back twice a week and also when i work my back, most of time i also do about 4 exercises for biceps and when i work my chest i work my triceps.

Day 1- Back,Biceps
Day 2- Chest,Triceps,Abs
Day 3- Legs
Day 4- Shoulders,Abs
Day 5- Chest,Triceps
Day 6- Back,Biceps,Abs
Day 7- Legs

F.Y.I i do cardio twice a week too i usually go the bike for 30 minutes

Props for hangin’ it all out there. I mean, you have pics in your hub and everything (I do not appreciate the almost-cock-shot, BTW). That’s something that far too many on this site DON’T have.

I DO think it would be a more efficient use of your food intake if you would cut your lifting volume (per session) roughly in half, and do some heavier lifting (in the 2-6 rep range).

Something like:

Flat bench 5x5
Incline DB press 3x8
Standing Cable Flyes 3x10

And then on the next chest day:

Incline BB press 5x5
Flat DB press 3x8
Incline Cable Flyes 3x10

hahahah tried to crop the lower part of tht pic out dude but cant figure hwo to crop it plus i didnt even try to pull my bottoms tht far down i jsut took a quick snap shot haha but ya thanks for the advice though i’m just looking for some good advice from people that know what they are talking about!

I know you said chest was your favorite body part to work out but I agree with JP, seem like quit a bit in one workout session.

Are you really able to push yourself on atleast half these exercises?.. and are you also doing that much volume for other body parts?

If you’re liking your results then by all means stick with it but personally I wouldn’t do any more than 4 exercises…

You do weighted push ups, BB flat bench and DB flat bench in the same workout… These movements seem kinda redundant.

I think you should separate the days you do BB flat bench and DB flat bench.

Switch days 5 & 6…

Your front delts owe me a beer.

You have got plenty of pushing movements what are your pulling movements during the week?

Day 1- Back,Biceps
Day 2- Chest,Triceps,Abs
Day 3- Legs
Day 4- Shoulders,Abs
Day 5- Chest,Triceps
Day 6- Back,Biceps,Abs
Day 7- Legs

F.Y.I i do cardio twice a week too i usually go the bike for 30 minutes [/quote]
Geez, Juggernaut, part of me kinda wants to say keep doing what you’re doing because it seems to be working for you (based on your gaining 40 pounds in just over two years).

But part of me really wants to suggest refiguring your weekly plan to include one or two days of no lifting, so you don’t wear yourself down (physically and/or mentally) before you’re 21, especially if you’re doing this kind of chest workout twice a week and using similar high volume on the other bodyparts.

Realize that you’ve got 50 or 60+ years of lifting ahead of you. You can scale things back a bit, like some folks have mentioned, and still see solid progress.

Do you have a specific short or long-term goal?

man i jsut want to try and gain 20 pounds on in a year without trying to put on too much fat and i want my bench to get to 275 because i am at 225 bench for 3 reps now any good suggestions to make my bench go up faster?

any good suggestions to make my bench go up faster?[/quote]
Yes. Cut back on that volume on the posted workout. That’s ridiculous.
There’s no way you can push yourself on all of those exercises. Choose 3 or 4 and go crazy on those.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:

There’s no way you can push yourself on all of those exercises. Choose 3 or 4 and go crazy on those.[/quote]

this would be my advice. You’re probably overworking your chest doing all of those exercises for that many sets/reps twice in one week. I could be wrong because everyone is different but I really do think you’re doing too many exercises to really go all out on every rep/set. Congrats on the progress so far

.greg.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:

There’s no way you can push yourself on all of those exercises. Choose 3 or 4 and go crazy on those.[/quote]

this would be my advice. You’re probably overworking your chest doing all of those exercises for that many sets/reps twice in one week.[/quote]

The great news here is that your recovery capacity is fucking insane from doing that much for so long. Cut the volume in half while lifting in a lower rep range and forcing more weight on the bar and your strength should increase quickly.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

The great news here is that your recovery capacity is fucking insane from doing that much for so long. Cut the volume in half while lifting in a lower rep range and forcing more weight on the bar and your strength should increase quickly.
[/quote]

At the very lest a deload week could make you explode with new mass. Also I think there was a request for a close up pic of your chest so people can accurately assess weak points.

eh, why dont you just find a workout program for chest off this site then do that to completion and log your progress? With the progress you’ve made so far and your workout dedication you should be able to pick a well put together program off the shelf (archives) and have at her.

So what do you want? A heavier bench or a chest thats more aesthetically pleasing?

thanks for the advice I’m going to try it and see how it works out for me…so i did mix it up i did chest two days ago, and i had done flat benchpress,incline dumbell chest press,cable flyes, and incline dumbell flyes,and dips so is that good enough? i had really got a great pump i felt great after that i did 3 sets for those 5 exercises and did 6-10 reps i started with 60lbs dumbells for chest press then second set did 70’s last set did te 80’s but i did that like nothing i got a good 10 reps easily with the 80’s shouldnt’ve i just maxed out doing a weight where i can only push 4-6 reps? i feel i couldve done 90 for a good 6-8 but i didnt want to overwork my chest